• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos For those who have tapered off with diazepam...

speedballs_over

Bluelighter
Do you recall about how many days after a dose drop you feel the drop has affected you? Say from 50-mg to 45-mg per Ashton, dropping by 5-mg every two weeks for now. For me it seems to be several days, maybe a week. I don't get much mental anxiety when at home or someplace familiar, but I get fatigued as hell, and whenever I wake up I have short lived adrenal rushes, both those last about three days then go away until after next drop.

And some of my social anxiety has returned, so o.k. that is mental... but that is being handled through CBT and propanolo as needed. This may be a problem though as I posted yesterday that propanolo increases diazepam AUC (blood conc. over time) by 17%. Reference is FDA approved package insert for Valium. I wonder if propanolo affects other benzo's metabolites, e.g. clonazepam, C-lam, alprazolam and their metabolities??

But if it's only diazepam and not its metabolites that are increased, i.e., once the diazepam is partially metabolized the metabolic slow down by propanolo doesn't affect metabolite conc. (11-OH-diaz, or oxazepam), or half-life? Also, AUC increases or decreases don't always correlate well with drug effects.

Thanks. Benzo w/d can be hell, but so far so good for me. But, I had to back up and re-start my taper b/c I binged n C-lam for a month at 1 - 3-mg/day. I realize when I get down to just a few mgs or less a day all hell may break loose. I'm winning battles, and hopefully the war will run its course and I'll come out ok.