• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom For those of you that experienced tinnitus after dosing kratom, did it lead to hearing loss?

Juicewrldfan

Bluelighter
Hi Everyone!

Man this really sucks. I was hoping to be able to at least use kratom once or twice a week, but I am concerned that I may just need to cut it out completely.

My dose used to be about 20 grams per dose 3 times a day and I got it down to 3 grams 3 times a day. All my other side effects went away when I got down this low and actually still get the stimulant and mood lift from it. The only thing I am now concerned about is the tinnitus is still occurring and I get infrequent pain in my ear now throughout the day accompanying the tinnitus.

For those of you that do/did experience tinnitus from kratom, did you experience hearing loss eventually? Did the tinnitus go away after stopping kratom? Or are you still using it despite the tinnitus and haven’t had an issue with hearing loss?

I really want to at least be able to use it once or twice a week but it’s looking like I may not be able to. Not everyone gets this side effect so I am not condemning kratom whatsoever. I’m just speaking for those of us that do get that symptom.

Thanks all!

Never had that symptom, but if you're sure that's what causing it and at the level of 3 grams (roughly a tablespoon?), why not go down to doing that just once a day, or even just two or three times a week? You'll probably get more mileage out of it that way without the side effects (also, doesn't that continuous usage interfere with your bowel motions?!!)