For those interested in TRANSITIONING from fent to a more stable/long-lasting opioid, who lack access, or are otherwise uninterested, in Suboxone / Me

Fornax55

Bluelighter
Note: I have an intuitive feeling that something about this post might be against the rules. However I am strictly interested in providing this info for harm-reduction and potentially life-saving opportunities. If anything is awry with the post I'd appreciate if a mod could let me know so I can edit it out and repost.

So... not sure about where you live, but right now in my area (Pacific Northwest) it's poppy season, Papaver somniferum, the opium poppy. I believe they grow up and down most of the US and Canada, and probably in most places in Europe. They grow in many places, mostly in people's yards, rarely anywhere that is entirely inaccessible. I won't make any recommendations about where to harvest them.

Opium poppies are loaded with a cocktail of opioids and have an extremely long half-life. They are extremely easy to prepare in their simplest form and beyond powerful enough to eliminate withdrawal symptoms and possibly even provide a buzz for those dependent on fentanyl.

I have mentioned this to a number of fellow street users and they seem unimpressed. "They're natural," they complain. "Where the fuck do you think heroin comes from?" I reply. Their response is usually a glazed-over stare while I prepare my milky green morphine juice and they continue searching for someone to front them more dope.

I recommend this because it's much easier to transition onto poppy pod tea than it is onto Suboxone. There's no risk of precipitated withdrawal.

The main issue is that poppy pod tea can be extremely fucking addictive, potentially moreso than your current fentanyl addiction. They need to be respected and used with caution as the relevant withdrawal period can last a number of weeks due to the long half-life.

However, used medicinally as a transition medicine, they are absolutely phenomenal and have helped me get off fentanyl a number of times.

I mentioned the possible trigger warning because the opposite is also true. Every year around this time I go a bit crazy for poppies and once or twice I've ended up so addicted that I turned to fentanyl to manage the withdrawal.

In either case, obtain some poppies. If there is an abundance, just take the pods. If there are fewer, I will take the pods and the stalks. Both contain the poppy milk which is rich in morphine, codeine, thebaine and other opioid alkaloids. I have a fairly low fent tolerance of just a bag a day (funny how things change, back in the H days the equivalent potency would be like 5 bags of H) and usually need no more than 10 to get rid of WD, 15-20 to catch a buzz. With no tolerance, 5-10 is usually enough.

Take them home, put them in a blender with enough warm water to cover them, blast on med-high for about 20 seconds. Strain.

There you have it. Opioids are extremely water-soluble and thus fall into solution very easily. There are more complicated methods but I've experimented with many and never noticed enough difference to render the extra time useful.

Caution must be taken here. It's impossible to gauge the strength of poppy pod tea due to the variance in alkaloid content. Start off drinking half, or even a quarter, of your brew. Wait an hour, see how you feel. Most likely with a fent tolerance you won't have to worry about OD, but it's certainly a possibility. Drink the resulting milky green shit, wait about an hour or two and watch as your withdrawal symptoms disappear and stay gone for anywhere from 12-48 hours, depending on your tolerance level.

I will not make recommendations about where you should source your poppies. I personally just take them wherever I see them. People usually grow them for the flowers. Once the flowers fall off, all they're useful for is going to seed, so I'll leave enough for them to grow back next year. But again, not recommending this as it's probably not legal.

If there are public spaces in your area that grow opium poppies, chances are they're already scored (sliced so that the poppy milk leaks out, hardens, and becomes opium). Anyone who is scoring opium poppies is doing so for recreational purposes. If you're trying to stop using fentanyl and potentially save your life, realistically, you probably need them more. Storm in there and snip the heads off, take them home, and get well.

After a few days using increasingly smaller doses of poppy pod tea (although it's impossible to gauge the potency) you should be able to transition onto kratom or stop entirely.

Good luck!

Poppies grow everywhere and poppy seed tea doesn't even need anything except poppy seeds.

Its not synth discussion about how to extract morphine /opium from plants, its inversion and that's not really a problem.

I doubt you'd be silly enough to offer anything to others out in public (or anywhere here, but if you do that, well don't, ppl need to be able to fend for themselves. As sometimes just handed on a platter is exactly the wrong thing to do . Poppies are pretty flowers, get plants and grow them, just don't get caught ?