• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth For the oral route: are capsules necessary

ontheupandup

Greenlighter
Lately when I’ve swallowed meth I’ve done it without a capsule or anything else. Does that matter or is their less irritation or something in using the pill

You should avoid just swallowing the plain shards/crystals/powder because even pure methamphetamine is somewhat caustic.

Indeed capsules are a viable option for your 'MOA'.

Imo and in my experience oral administration of meth is the best way to consume methamphetamine.

Way smoother, by far less morish, longer lasting plateau effects; the list goes on.
Personally I prefer to put 20mg to 30mg of clean meth in a capsule, once a day, orally.

Last edited:
Hey @ontheupandup

In 99% of situations, a capsule does not play a role in administration aside from being a vehicle for the substance. Once it reaches the stomach acid, a capsule is going to be destroyed in a matter of several seconds. These few seconds would be the difference between just swallowing your Methamphetamine or consuming it in a capsule.

Like @nasir~ said, Methamphetamine is fairly caustic to soft tissue. It's unlikely that you're gonna do any damage just by swallowing some Meth. If you're going to be doing it all the time, it would be good to take precautions for the sake of your oral health which could include putting the drugs in a capsule. Another common method is to put the drugs into a small piece of tissue before swallowing whole.

I used to do meth sublingually sometimes and I never had any issues with it.

BUT I didn't do that every day for weeks at a time. I imagine it could be very irritating to the gums and soft tissues in the mouth.