• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction For some of the new stuff - naloxone will not be enough.

AlsoTapered

Bluelighter
BUT making the methyl ether of the 14 position increases an affinity by a factor of 200 without altering duration of action.

So I form the halide of the 14-OH as 14-Br and want to know if trimethyl silyl ether is the way forward.

Looks as safe, not patented and can be made in 1 extra step. Naloxone.... Farloxone?

One modification of nalmefene maxes it shorter-acting (and x60 more potent but still potent enough on plain H OD).

Making a methyl-ether of the 14 position increased potency of oxymorphone from 10 to 60.... so the bottom one should be x3600 more potent than naloxone.

I'm VERY serious we fund having these provided to ERs.

I can make it but I don't have the $ to test it but it will stop ALL ODs. ALL of them.

Happy to write up route, source materials, calculate price inclusiveof synthesis - gratis.

BTW while N-deallylation is known, the amounts of the above are SO tiny, nobody would ever get enough to do it!

What would happen though if used on an average overdose of say heroin or oxycodone? Are we looking at PWD on a level none of us have ever seen?

-GC

^^^Not sure what you're basing this on, but naloxone will reverse most opioid overdoses, including severe fentanyl intoxication. Average doses have increased due to the prevelance of fentanyl, but most of the time, naloxone is enough. Even naloxone nasal sprays are used to great effect in many cases.

There are rare cases where naloxone doesn't work so well, but this is hardly "most of the time". Those cases seem to be in instances of those with heavy tolerances who have consumed a dose of fentanyl so massive that it is too much for their already massive tolerance, and, said product also contains xylazine, which naloxone has no effect on. Other instances involve insufficient dose (like giving one unit of nasal spray to a massive overdose victim) or when the naloxone is administered too late.

But naloxone is enough most of the time, but with increased dose sizes and a greater need to redose than before the ubiquity of fentanyl.

Well, 60x more potent should be OK. Nalmefene homologue. .

Needs a easy to remember name.

One modification of nalmefene maxes it shorter-acting (and x60 more potent but still potent enough on plain H OD).

Making a methyl-ether of the 14 position increased potency of oxymorphone from 10 to 60.... so the bottom one should be x3600 more potent than naloxone.

I'm VERY serious we fund having these provided to ERs.

I can make it but I don't have the $ to test it but it will stop ALL ODs. ALL of them.

Happy to write up route, source materials, calculate price inclusiveof synthesis - gratis.

BTW while N-deallylation is known, the amounts of the above are SO tiny, nobody would ever get enough to do it!
blows my mind how talented and smart some of our bluelighters are. absolutely genius.

I bet w get ignored - someone will take all the credit,
But U-93951 was a phone discussion with Dan who pointed me to example 14 ut said 'logP to high' and allylprodine cameout the same year so he had no way of knowing.,

But 0.1g is enough for 3 people... well, w worked it up nut yep, x22 (not 23 as MW increases),

^^^Not sure what you're basing this on, but naloxone will reverse most opioid overdoses, including severe fentanyl intoxication. Average doses have increased due to the prevelance of fentanyl, but most of the time, naloxone is enough. Even naloxone nasal sprays are used to great effect in many cases.

There are rare cases where naloxone doesn't work so well, but this is hardly "most of the time". Those cases seem to be in instances of those with heavy tolerances who have consumed a dose of fentanyl so massive that it is too much for their already massive tolerance, and, said product also contains xylazine, which naloxone has no effect on. Other instances involve insufficient dose (like giving one unit of nasal spray to a massive overdose victim) or when the naloxone is administered too late.

But naloxone is enough most of the time, but with increased dose sizes and a greater need to redose than before the ubiquity of fentanyl.
I should have been more specific in my reply (although I would have assumed you would realise where I was coming from). Don't get me wrong, naloxone is incredibly useful to have and it's much better than nothing. We are seeing now that with fentanyl analogues that it's effectiveness is majorly reduced, where one dose was enough a few years ago, now several doses are required.

To be perfectly honest, most of the time even Naloxone is not enough now.
I do understand that naloxone is not as effective for reversing the effects of an OD on newer RC opiates like I've come across often on the street lately. But it has in my experience still brought people back. Though in these cases 2 or 3+ doses of naloxone (IM) as with nasal it seems to be less effective but oftentimes people aren't experienced in administering it nasal as well. Not tilting the person's head back and just letting it drip out of their nose...I just haven't came across anyone who wasn't able to be brought back from an OD with naloxone. I always hear about it "Oh shit man this is so strong naloxone won't work" I just haven't seen it for myself. Thank God. That would be terrifying.

"For some of the new stuff - naloxone will not be enough"

this is true of many RCs and other "downers".
I know of one substance not to mix with street dope is bromazolam. Not a good mixture may as well call it a killer. Naloxone makes it much harder to get one back to consciousness even if one previously had no contact with any opioids.
I do not see what they could create to universally save every od accidental or otherwise it's like fighting a zero day virus whattaya do with unknown input/players/pitfalls?
Tread lightly friends and family. Tread lightly.
Peace

Another reason for safe supply