• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

For long term storage of weed in 1/2 gal. mason jars, how often should I burp the bot

It depends on how much humidity is in the air, some air is really humid so you would want more fresh air more often (Humid areas can also use those silica packets to help absorb some excess moisture to prevent mold), while dryer climates you will be OK with once every 3 days.

The larger jars can go longer without burping but if the jar is full you should still burp every 3 days, I find rotating the jar slowly on it's side to move the nugs around allows for proper air flow.

Proper airflow around the buds help each bud cure evenly and reduces that harsh green flavor, unless you like it of course.

Then close the lid and place somewhere cool like a closet, but not hot, and dark or atleast not in direct sunlight or directly in high intensity artificial light as it can reduce the THC % and possibly damage the quality of the bud reducing resin, possibly dropping the moisture levels too low again reducing the levels of THC.

I left the whole plants hanging upside down for 8-10 days )the branches will will just about snap, but not break off, then cut off the nugs, place in a sterile mason jar to cure for 2-3 weeks, burping every 2-3 days rolling the jar slowly prior to opening to break up the nugs and allow air to flow around them.

I'm smoking some seriously high THC content MMJ I grew, while it's not trimmed professionally it is dried and cured properly, a few extra crystal covered leaves never ruined smokable bud, but fan leaves definitely do. :) so always trim off the big leaves, the tiny ones are perfectly fine.