• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Foggy mind after smoking methamphetamine? (And during)

CAPTAIN CAPLOCKS

Greenlighter
Hello,

I've used meth multiple times throughout my life, and I've never been a big fan so my tolerance is super low. However, I smoked 3 days ago and went to work which was an awful idea.

My hands were dark red and finger tips were purple (Did change back when sitting and didn't get darker.) Plus I had some moderate pain in my kidney area but not enough to make me stop working. So I'm assuming that I wasn't getting enough fluids and also working too hard while my kidneys were working their ass off to remove the bad shit from my body, but should I be concerned? Does this happen to anyone else out there or should I just consider not ever doing it again? (Like I said, even if it is bad I wouldn't have done meth again for a long time it's not my cup of tea.)

Now for the aftermath of my high, it seemed to last about 3 days where I was in a way just feeling out of it. I guess I could compare it to the hangover after DXM, it's not bad at all and in it's own way feels kinda like a relaxing high. Let me know if it is me or is it normal? My theory is that serotonin, dopamine, etc is being used by my brain at a high rate so it's just slowly trying to restore the balance.

Long story short: Feeling a weird hangover after getting high, signs of poor circulation after use. Do people get it, or is it me?

EDIT: While sitting down my blood pressure was 145/91 it went up to about 160 something when I stood up and walked fast down a hallway. I'm a healthy young man I'm only a little bit fat but not much and have no blood pressure problems normally.

Last edited:
All of that is 110% normal and not, in my experience, dangerous. You should eat something, take a multivitamin, and drink some water.

That's a pretty low intensity of possible side effects honestly - don't stress and get stuck thinking about it - although that itself is like, a primary and characteristic result of smokin meth. ;)