• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Focalin XR

GringaShay87

Greenlighter
I recently started taking 10mg Focalin XR. Can anyone give me advice on the best and safest way to feel euphoric? Does crushing it make the time release go away?

I'm fairly certain that just crushing them isn't going to defeat the time release. There may be methods out there on the internet somewhere, but Focalin, if it's anything like Concerta, is one of those drugs where you just eat the pill whole, because the amount of effort that you could possibly put in trying to defeat the time release just isn't worth a bit of instant release dexmethylphenidate.

I may be wrong about that, hopefully somebod with more knowledge can chime in,

But I would just eat it. Crushing it might speed up the absorption a bit, but it will still be released over an extended period of time.

Thanks for the info! I've been dumping the pellets in water and swallowing it that way and I think it works well to where I wouldn't need to go through all the hassle. But I'm just curious to try other routes and see how that works too. I do want to take it for therapeutic effects but I've never experienced such a pleasant high like it do with Focalin.

I've never taken Focalin, but I definitely used to indulge in the instant-release formulation of both dexmethylphenidate and found it to be a smoother, cleaner high than methylphenidate, and roughly twice as potent.

If you're taking it therapeutcially though I'd say it's best just to eat and as is and enjoy that nice extended release mechanism, as opposed to taking IR and having more ups and down throughout the day. It's also less reinforcing that, which is a good thing because methylphenidate and dexmethylphenidate can be addictive, especially from a pshychological standpoint.

I quit taking it after receiving a weak batch from Lannatt (sp?) Pharmaceuticals.

But yeah, if you chew up the beads, it defeats Focalin's XR. Preferred ROA.

But yeah, if you chew up the beads, it defeats Focalin's XR. Preferred ROA.
Really?

So it's kind of like an adderall ir vs adderall xr situation? Crush the beads and you're good?

I assumed it was similar to Concerta, but apparently I stand it corrected.

Hello.
I have a question. What is stronger Focalin IR or Dextroamphetamine IR immediate release snorted?
please let me know

Dextroamphetamine is a great drug. It also lasts longer as is better with redosing imo.

RxVeritas

thanks.
And what drug is more euphoric , after Focalin IR Dextromethylphenidate or after dextroamphetamine ? And in what doses this euphoria would appear ?

Once I was taking Ritalin 20mg and I will say that 20mg draw in the nose only did something so what average euphoria, stimulation , quite a lot of concentration but these effects are over after one and a half hours

Out of those three drugs, dextroamphetamine is definitely the best.

Dextroamphetamine and dexmethylphenidate are roughly equipotent, and about twice as strong as methylphenidate, so

20mg ritalin = 10mg dextroamphetamine = 10mg dexmethylphenidate.

I wouldn't be surprised if, in a non tolerant user, there is some euphoria at this dose but I also wouldn't necesarily expect it. If 20mg isn't doing it for you, take 10mg more, even 20mg more isn't going to kill you. It's important to go slow and be safe,

you can't untake drugs.

Ritalin is much more enjoyable taken sublingually (under the tongue) in my opinion because it kicks in almost as fast a snorting but lasts as long as eating it. The same goes for dexmethylphenidate.

Dextroamphetamine is the far superior drug though, in pretty much every way.

I'd be surprised if 20-30mg of dextroamphetamine doesn't get you some euphoria though, ESPECIALLY if you smoke some weed as its kicking in.

I can feel my scalp tingle just thiking about it.

I have to get a prescription for dextroamphetamine the European trade name of the drug is Amfexa or Attentin where I live in Europe

I definitely feel like dexamphetamine is the superior drug.

But methylphenidate is more abusable in a sense... in that you can repeatedly dose it with less diminishing returns and less physical side effects.

I've never done dexmethylphenidate, though. It's also been a long time since I've done either, could be wrong.

d-threo-MPH (Focalin) is the main active isomer @ DAT>NET out of the 4 possible isomers in the original molecule

Ritalin (Methylphenidate) was brought to market containing only d/l- threo-MPH

-Taking Ritalin with a meal speeds/aids in absorption
-consuming ethanol/alcohol 30min before or after Methylphenidate increases the active d-threo-MPH (Focalin) by 40% and Significantly potentiates the euphoric pleasurable subjective effects in all study participants

Have a light fatty meal and ingest Ritalin IR 40mg in addition to a pleasurable Opioid you’re familiar with (Oxycodone 20/40/80mg IR or Dilaudid 8-32mg), followed by several Rum&Cokes 2-4oz of Spirits, onset in 30min, 1h near peak serum levels achieved and a 40% increase in active d-MPH = Dopaminergic Pleasure :)

Amphetamines are amazing, and yes, Ritalin is a “Classic Amphetamine”

Benzedrine (racemic)
Biphetamine/Adderall (mixed salts 75% D - 25% L)
Dexedrine (d-Amph)
Methedrine / Desoxyn (d-Meth)
Ritalin & Focalin
Phenmetrazine

Ritalin & Phenmetrazine are both Highly regarding classic Amphetamines

Dextro-Amphetamine (Dexedrine) is probably the most pleasurable & euphoric amphetamine, because getting a script for Desoxyn (d-Methamphetamine) is not too common, BUT happens here and there in the U.S.

Last edited: