• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Focalin First Time Dosing?

Hugh_Myron

Greenlighter
I'm going to be getting Focalin very soon (most likely the IR/normal). It's my first time taking it. I've never tried Ritalin before either. So my question is, how much should I take to get high? Also, I was planning on snorting it to get the most of it. I've never snorted anything before though.

i've never tried Focalin, only Ritalin. if i'm correct Focalin is like dexmethylphenidate which is like only a bit more potent (i guess? might be wrong though! do your research)

and hell yeah, snorting is the way to go. if it was Ritalin i'd say snort 40mg at first and then snort more over the course of the night until you're where you want to be, but seeing as Focalin might be a bit more potent, i'd say start with 20-30mg, and snort more if that doesn't do it for you.

imo the optimal Ritalin dose is 50-60mg snorted

I have 1 Focalin 20mg XR pill. That's all I have so is there a way I can potentiate the pill?

IMO without defeating the time release mechanism (don't know how to do that though) that pill is garbage. if you can beat it though, you could crush it and snort it, but still i believe the high would be very small, may be not even worth it.

you could try to drink a lot of caffeine (if you get some effects from that) with the pill too, but it's a shame you have such a low dose... if you really really want to get high off of it, i'd say buy more! =D 40mg snorted would def be fun

can't help you any more than that though bro, good luck

I'll crush up the ball things to defeat the time release. I have no tolerance to methylphenidate. I'm going to drink a 5-hour energy to help potentiate it. Considering all this, I think snorting 20mg of Focalin could get me feeling good. How should I go about the snorting. I've never snorted anything before. Should I make a few thin lines and snort all the lines in one go or do it in increments?

Have fun with one of the worst crashes ever, the worst part is, is that the "high" doesn't compare to amphetamines. Combining all that caffeine with Focalin is moronic as well, all you're going to accomplish is raising your BP, pulse rate, adding to the crash and anxiety.

I'll crush up the ball things to defeat the time release. I have no tolerance to methylphenidate. I'm going to drink a 5-hour energy to help potentiate it. Considering all this, I think snorting 20mg of Focalin could get me feeling good. How should I go about the snorting. I've never snorted anything before. Should I make a few thin lines and snort all the lines in one go or do it in increments?

just crush your pill. lines i do are usually like the size of a matchstick. my crushed up Ritalin pills usually end up becoming three lines, but i don't know the size of your pill though. just pick up a straw or a rolled up note and sniff it. snort lightly. its easy no need to fret on it. i'd snort the whole 20mg pill, and wait some 30mins. if you want more stimulation may be then add the energy drinks. but you know be careful.

Have fun with one of the worst crashes ever, the worst part is, is that the "high" doesn't compare to amphetamines. Combining all that caffeine with Focalin is moronic as well, all you're going to accomplish is raising your BP, pulse rate, adding to the crash and anxiety.

in my experience, the methylphenidate crash isnt hard at all. even after 80mg snorted very quickly which got me over 160BPM and literally shaking - totally unenjoyable high - the crash was just feeling tired. i imagine a 20mg crash will be easy then. of course, people are different and i'm not calling bullshit on you, just saying that at least for me, MPH crashes are nearly unnoticeable.

have fun OP

also one more thing, if you do crash hard it'd be great to pop some benzos to sleep more easily, or even better, some opiates to ease the crash.

just crush your pill. lines i do are usually like the size of a matchstick. my crushed up Ritalin pills usually end up becoming three lines, but i don't know the size of your pill though. just pick up a straw or a rolled up note and sniff it. snort lightly. its easy no need to fret on it. i'd snort the whole 20mg pill, and wait some 30mins. if you want more stimulation may be then add the energy drinks. but you know be careful.

in my experience, the methylphenidate crash isnt hard at all. even after 80mg snorted very quickly which got me over 160BPM and literally shaking - totally unenjoyable high - the crash was just feeling tired. i imagine a 20mg crash will be easy then. of course, people are different and i'm not calling bullshit on you, just saying that at least for me, MPH crashes are nearly unnoticeable.

have fun OP

also one more thing, if you do crash hard it'd be great to pop some benzos to sleep more easily, or even better, some opiates to ease the crash.

Everyone that I've introduced to Focalin never went back after claiming the "high" wasn't worth the horrendous crash. They also (like me) felt that its even worse than an amphetamine crash, and we were only doing about 15-30mgs of Focalin.

I will add that if it lasted longer (2-3 hours is a bad joke) and the crash wasn't so harsh it would be an effective drug for dysthymia and apathy.

Yeah, never tried Focalin really, was just sharing my experience with regular MPH

Well I tried it last night although I think I lost like 85% of the pill when I was crushing the balls. Lol but I probably got around 17mg. I didn't really feel a high. I was in a good mood though, made me feel better than Adderall has ever made me feel. Not really a euphoric feeling or anything just a good mood. Not really any anxiety and my heart rate was just a little increased which is surprising because of the monster I drank right before. However the crash kinda sucked. Not horrible though, just depressed and a little anxiety. Wasn't too bad though, I worked out and afterward I felt fine. I definitely came down harder than I went up though. I think if I took a higher dosage I would actually be able to get euphoria from this unlike with amphetamines. I wish amphetamines made me feel good but they don't.

So, you ended up insufflating approx. 17 mg Focalin? Honestly, I would have guessed it would have done a bit more for you, with no tolerance, however it did bring about modest euphoria as you are describing your experience. I don't know anything, really, about defeating time-release tablets/capsules, but it sounds you got it pretty well defeated for the first time. Next time, if you want to use this again, you might consider dosing around 25 mg or so. I know that seems a modest increase, but euphoriants like dexmethylphendiate (Focalin) can be fickle, doing you good one time and not as good the next, even at the same dose. It is unfortunate that methylphenidate and dexmethylphenidate, in the instant-release forms, have such a short duration of action, but they do. The comedown/crash can be subjectively more unpleasant than that of amphetamines. With methylphenidates, you get high fast and quick (esp. via insufflation), and you have a couple hours of good effects, then sharp crash; whereas with amphetamines, you get a longer, different type of high (depending on if you even can on account of tolerance), but endure a longer comedown. Methylphenidates do have rougher comedowns for a lot of users at commonly used doses, but they are over fairly quickly, unlike amphetamines. It has seemed to me methylphenidates' crash leaves you feeling sort of uneasy, somewhat depressed, and out of sorts, where amphetamine experiences don't even 'crash' so much as comedown and leave you less motivated, tired, and sort of downed out, but for a longer period. It does depend on the dose, but methylphenidate is not very forgiving to any user, tolerance or not, when crashing, whereas an amphetamine comedown is not even necessarily unpleasant for those who are completely amphetamine-naïve. The euphoria of methylphenidate is a bit more 'raw', and does not necessarily come with a great stimulant effect. But, amphetamine euphoria is a bit more 'pliable', and can be made more or less unpleasant via what one does with the stimulating effects that come with it. Methylphenidate is like a simple euphoria, if you will, but amphetamine euphoria often can be very interrelated with the stimulation and activation of the user's body and mind. I am not sure if I am making much sense, here, but this has been my personal experience combined with reading countless anecdotes on the euphoria of both.

In short, if you did defeat the time release sufficiently, it seems you got a good taste of methylphenidates and their euphoric effects. Your mood went up - that is a key sign of euphoria, even if subjectively mild. And, you experienced a very typical crash/comedown that seems right on the money for a drug like dexmethylphenidate, or any methylphenidate for that matter. I am not surprised you didn't feel 'high', because for their shortcomings, one thing I like about methylphenidates is that they are pretty honest in how they effect you, if that makes sense. I'd try the same dose again or a very slightly increased dose, if you want to do dexmethylphenidate, again. It will probably feel better the second go around, I'd think, because with methylphenidates, tolerance is a rather slow thing to build up, very much unlike amphetamines, where tolerance jumps leaps and bounds in literally days and weeks of use.

I hope you find your 'sweet spot' dose of a stimulant/euphoriant that pleases you. BE SAFE, but if you want to continue, experiment with different drugs of similar effect and the doses/routes of administration with much caution and prudence, and you may find a euphoric stimulant that you can use happily when desired and/or needed. I will say some people are just not 'upper people', but I like my whole spectrum of substances, so who knows as for you. Just, be safe, and never over do it. You can always take more, but never less. I warn you of this, because stimulants are potentially dangerous when used improperly or without caution. So, yeah, just be safe, and I wish you happy traveling - any questions you have for me, just ask. I am more than pleased to share my knowledge to help others benefit from psychotropic substances.

P.S. - I wouldn't add energy drinks or much caffeine to 'boost' the effects of stimulant drugs with which you have little or no firsthand experience. They can just complicate things for the worse, and leave you with a less enjoyable, potentially more risky, experience. I know it is 'just' caffeine, but we take caffeine's own profile of stimulant effects for granted because of its enormous popularity and availability. You want things to be as 'clean' as possible, if that makes sense. And, just a question - do you take any other medications or drugs, legal or not, on a regular basis? If so, what and how much. That would give me a much better idea of your situation.

Last edited:
How do you properly prepare IR (Instant Release) Dexmethylphenidate (Focalin) to snort? Can you please give detailed instructions, I've been looking everywhere because I need to include the information for a research paper.