• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Flubromazolam. A possible adenosine reuptake inhibitor

swimming.since.99

Bluelighter
I have been dependant on RC benzos for quite a while, and I occasionally taper down, mostly I stay on the same dose, without increasing it. Occasionally I take a bigger dose to enjoy the buzz.

I mainly use Clonazolam, Nifoxipam, and Pyrazolam, and in the future would be looking forward to Flunitrazolam =D

At the beginning of this week, I swithced from Nifoxipan to Flubromazolam, and noticed something very interesting.

with other benzos, I would get mild GABA sedation and a regular buzz, but Flubromazolam is very different. Since it has a long half life I only take it once every 24 hours, and always in the evening, and along with a nice buzz I noticed very strong adenosine tiredness and sedation. I decided to experiment and used 200mg of Caffeine (x4 of Bayer 50mg) since caffeine is an adenosine receptor antagonist.

Right after taking FlbLAM and Caffeine, Flubromazolam felt like like a regular benzo with a nice buzz and only mild GABA sedation. This makes me think that Flubromazolam is an adenosine reuptake inhibitor just like meprobamate.
What do you guys think?

SWIM.

Interesting notion, but if you really want to make claims I'd back it up with some more sophisticated research like blind tests with multiple benzo's including positive and negative controls?

Only tried mebutamate, but not meprobamate. Anyway, they feel completely different.

A more recent one (2015 instead of 1980): http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00702-015-1390-8

pdf

Diazepam was not able to change the ADA, whereas midazolam at all concentrations tested was capable of inhibiting the enzymatic activity of ecto-ADA in zebrafishbrain membranes. Korotkina et al. (1986) showed that intraperitoneal administration of benzodiazepine drugs, such as diazepam and phenazepam, was able to increase the ADA activity in rats. These data are consistent with our study where animals treated with 0.1 mg/L of midazolam showed an increase in cytosolic ADA activity, which could be a compensatory mechanism to maintain the intracellular adenosine in order to achieve homeostasis. In contrast, our study has shown that both diazepam (1.25 mg/L) and midazolam (1 mg/L) were able to alter differentially the ecto-ADA activity, decreasing the adenosine hydrolysis after acute treatment. This decrease of adenosine deamination by diazepam could increase adenosine levels, contributing for the anxiolytic effect of this benzodiazepine. However, midazolam also decreased ecto-5 0 -nucleotidase and ecto-ADA activities, suggesting an increase in AMP and adenosine levels, which could contribute to the anxiolytic and sedative effect of midazolam by activation of A 1 receptors.

No idea how to translate that into human doses though.

I have been dependant on RC benzos for quite a while, and I occasionally taper down, mostly I stay on the same dose, without increasing it. Occasionally I take a bigger dose to enjoy the buzz.

I mainly use Clonazolam, Nifoxipam, and Pyrazolam, and in the future would be looking forward to Flunitrazolam =D

At the beginning of this week, I swithced from Nifoxipan to Flubromazolam, and noticed something very interesting.

with other benzos, I would get mild GABA sedation and a regular buzz, but Flubromazolam is very different. Since it has a long half life I only take it once every 24 hours, and always in the evening, and along with a nice buzz I noticed very strong adenosine tiredness and sedation. I decided to experiment and used 200mg of Caffeine (x4 of Bayer 50mg) since caffeine is an adenosine receptor antagonist.

Right after taking FlbLAM and Caffeine, Flubromazolam felt like like a regular benzo with a nice buzz and only mild GABA sedation. This makes me think that Flubromazolam is an adenosine reuptake inhibitor just like meprobamate.
What do you guys think?

SWIM.

If i was to have a heavy 3fpm session, maybe 1-2g over the afternoon/evening, can flubromazolam be used to help me to get to sleep?
Also is it safe to mixthe two together?