• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Floyd Mayweather Jr Vs. Manny Pacquiao May 3rd

zzz101

Bluelighter
I guess there is no boxing thread though maybe this can be it. Feel free to post tips on other fights, whatever else boxing

Floyd -- 47w–0L (26 KO)

Pac--57w–5L–2d (38 KO)

odds: Floyd at around 1.36 and Pac at around 3.25. It is a coin flip so better off/+EV with backing Manny. Although I will prolly back Floyd for decision or draw if you can :O

Pac has had 5 losses, although two of them may as well been wins with the judges decisions. His other 3 losses were when he was young and not under Freddie Roach's training i think

Anyway, this fight, May 3rd '15 is happening. This will be the biggest boxing fight ever to happen in history. This fight has been in the making for at least six years. the two best ~subjective~ fighters ever. (weight class) They might be past their prime. Or better. Floyd with the best defense, Manny with Southpaw stance, which Floyd has had small, but the most trouble with. Pac's left hand and jab speeds

Who will win?

Hughie Fury vs Andriy Rudenko

Hughie,F. should be a good win. the old, old-school fighting style will be over powered

About fucking time. This will be an epic fight provided neither of them pull any of that "get knocked out after a fake hug" Victor Ortiz bullshit. If it's not rigged my money is on Manny. While Mayweather is obviously extremely talented I think the only reason he lost a fight is because he knows how to pick em and can afford to pay off anyone who has any chance of beating him.

Last edited:
Around 400million+ is going to be split 60/40 between them in Floyd's favor. it is most likely going to be a lot more than that 4hundi

Last edited:
I just read that it'll be May 2nd, not May 3rd. You know, just so you guys don't miss it or anything... xD

It's sad that this fight is about 5 years too late. Should be epic regardless.

My head says mayweather, for all his bravado he is still stronger and faster than anyone out there. Manny has lost some focus over the years by going into politics, but I can't discount the fact that he has been tapering his training for this fight.

tyty. still May 3rd. depends where in the world you are :)

....You know, I hadn't thought of that. In Las Vegas when the bout takes place, it will be May 2nd is what I should've said.

The timezone difference didn't even occur to me.

I'm excited. I've been hoping (like a lot of other folks) for this fight for a long time now. At this point, I don't care who wins as long as they both go in and give us a 100% legit fight. I think there are 3 titles on the line overall? 2 of Mayweather's and 1 that Pacquiao holds. I hope that alone should keep the both of them and their camps from trying to pull any shenanigans with what's probably going to be the highest grossing boxing match of all-time up until now.

I'm not a huge boxing fan or anything but I like a good fight when I can see one, you know? Same with MMA. I'm not a diehard fan but I'm a sucker for watching two guys just beat the hell out of each other for a while. I don't like one-sided fights and I definitely, DEFINITELY think this one we're about to get is going to be an amazing match-up.

I think Pacquiao's gonna pull it off, though-- hopefully with a knockout. ^_^

Mayweather's the man but I just feel like Manny's going to wear him down-- the opposite could also hold true, though, so fuck if I know, man, I just wanna see it all go down!

Last edited:
This will be the biggest boxing fight ever to happen in history.

1st off: you must not have been watching the sport of boxing for very long. declaring this match as on par with such boxing icons like Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, or James "Buster" Douglas is ridiculous. boxing used to reign in popularity for most of America's past; since the late 90s boxing has been gradually decreasing in both popularity and quality of product

boxing was so popular for me, as a kid in the 90s. I even joined a "junior league" at the dusty local boxing gym. one of the best sports of human kind 4 sure

This fight has been in the making for at least six years.

but yah - count me as watching this match. it has been in the making for approx. 6 years - and that is pure bullshit, and a testament to how banal boxing is in the modern age

however, I will be firmly barracking Manny Pacquioa. dude is a lil beast in the ring. and I also have heaps more respect for Pacquioa as a boxer. Mayweather Jr is an entitled asshole; whom is by all accounts a terrible person to be around

as a fellow boxing fan - I am in agreement w/ zzz101 in regards to this match-up's excitement. finally a boxing match will feel like an event; same as the marquee fights I have in my memory banks, from child hood. he's right mods - this thread should be S&G's official boxing thread

^^ yeah that;s right, Jibult, i did get the date wrong. Was looking at my own timezone :S

I meant this fight will be much bigger in terms of viewers and $$$$$ i mean. and as fighters skills, idk. imho

i mean, if u had prime Tyson from '90s vs one Klitschko now it would be a hard fight to predict. It was different times. Back then you they wanted to kill their opponent for the titles. Now it's winning, just the match and that's it. Why the viewers have gone down&no top USA heavyweight fighters mayb. welterweight, etc is now more popular than heavyweight with this one fight

ha ha so true about taking so long for it. all money. I think both of them take steroids and they were saying it mostly took this long because of steroids testing for pac. what bs. Both will 100% take steroids esp that lil Pac bro lol. or building up to the fight. They will have ones that don't come up on samples but they hold samples for years after.

pac will win if he can get through Floydss defense, i don;t think he will. I will say that Floyd's defense is the best ever, and his foot movement so he doesn't get hit. even all the old school fighters (pound for pound weight&class) though as offense and a boxer, MAYBE

My phriend does boxing. i just like the cardio aspects of it atm for something new to do. jump rope is apparently one of the best exercise for heart/endurance

Shane Mosley rocked Floyd pretty hard once or twice in their fight although that proves Mayweather has a good enough chin it if he gets hit by pac

Last edited:
mayweather will win, and he would have won 5 years ago

probably a split decision, but he's just too good evading punches and judges seem to get boners over punches landed

pacquiao, yeah great guy though.

isnt he like a fucking singer or something?

yeah give me mayweather

yea ur totally right bro. mayweather will win/show him how good he is. i'm not Floyd hater,kinda want pac to win

Pac is the man. He has won/defended like (i don't know)6+ boxing titles in different weight classes, he had fights where fighters weighed so much more than him.

Yeah i think&politician/congressman in his home country.

he will have so much speed in this fight, still wont get through Floyd's defense. Pac will be the aggressor and throwing more punches it will still get him points in the round. but yeah hitting air/gloves/elbows isn't going to do much

Would have been a great bout 5 years ago, I hope Mayweather ko's him in three. Great way to earn the + quarter billion dollar purse, I will be so dissappoinbted if it goes to decision

^ I think you'll probably be disappointed. I want Pac by KO, but I predict Floyd by dec.

I just hope there is a clear winner. A controversial decision won't be good for the sport.

A controversial decision is the best outcome for the sport, instant rematch!

Not when the PPV's gonna cost around $90 standard....

Well, I mean, they'll make more money with an "instant rematch" but the sport's reputation might take a bit of a hit, especially with the way UFC has already leeched a huge portion of the boxing fanbase away from the sport. Seems like a lot of people are jaded with boxing these days. Personally? I don't care the style/form, I just think it's cool to see two people slug it out in a controlled setting where you can feel confident you're not about to watch a murder take place.

A controversial decision is the best outcome for the sport, instant rematch!

I don't think there will be a rematch. Especially if mayweather wins which I think he will. As far as boxing as a sport goes its dying a slow death. I don't have any friends who give a shit about it. They all watch UFC.

I think boxing could do a lot for itself by actually penalizing fighters for clinching repeatedly. Just watch the Thurman v. Guerrero fight from last week to see how great boxing could be without constant clinching.

PPV #'s for UFC have been in the decline since around 2010 as well, it seems like combat sports are falling by the wayside altogether.

Sumo will always be #1 in my book anyways.