• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine)

Invisible Helper

Bluelighter
Hi, I just came up on 4 10 mg pills and wanted to use them for opiate wd. Anyone have any experience with this? Is it recreational at all? Any info would help thanks

All they have ever done for me is knock me out for a few hours.
They are an effective muscle relaxant though.

Are they in the same class as soma? Like I know almost everything about stimulants benzos and opiates but nothing at all about muscle relaxers other than taking soma 1 times a few weeks ago... Need as much experience and advice as possible especially for opiate wd

Muscle relaxers are good for relieving tension/pain in the muscles associated with opiate withdrawal. But they don't work nearly as good as benzos do. Cloninidine is one that's been around for a while but can work wonders with withdrawal. If you can get across some benzos, that's your best bet.

As far as recreational effects of Flexeril, there really aren't any. I'm prescribed the 10mgs and they work wonders for my neck and back spasms, but try to take more than the recommended dose and you'll wake up the next day. Them pills knock ya out.

SOMAs are a stronger muscle relaxer.

Are they in the same class as soma? Like I know almost everything about stimulants benzos and opiates but nothing at all about muscle relaxers other than taking soma 1 times a few weeks ago... Need as much experience and advice as possible especially for opiate wd

I cant tell you a whole pile as i never found them very useful.
I was prescribed cyclobenzaprine for a back injury.
I did not find them recreational at all, i would take one and feel completely limp and sedated.
It would put me to sleep for a good 4-5 hours.

carisoprodol (soma) is much more enjoyable.
I find it pleasantly relaxing.
They are both muscle relaxants, but if you look at their structures, they are quite different.

I find soma a bigger help with withdrawals.
Cyclobenzaprine i suppose could be useful to help you get a good nights sleep.

As far as recreational effects of Flexeril, there really aren't any. I'm prescribed the 10mgs and they work wonders for my neck and back spasms, but try to take more than the recommended dose and you'll wake up the next day. Them pills knock ya out.

That's about it! I only take them at night to be more comfortable to help me sleep and to help me fall asleep. Yes, NO recreational benefits at all, zip!

Other than being centrally active muscle relaxants, Soma and Flexeril are very different structurally and through their mechanism of action. Flexeril is closely related to tricyclic antidepressants (nearly identical to Elavil) and works via the substances tricyclics work on (primarily norepinephrine) while Soma is more like a barbiturate.

The few times Ive used Flexeril for some back issues, it did nothing but give me a dry mouth but as you can see, it does help some. It is even sometimes prescribed off-label for insomnia. As you are combatting withdrawal, I say try it. Anything that may even remotely get you some sleep and relieve tension/pain can be a godsend. The clonidine and benzo are better, but as long as you dont over do any of them, adding a bit of Flexeril shouldnt be a huge deal. Do be careful of lethargy, dizziness especially upon standing and perhaps changes in BP and HR.

Cyclobenzaprine is a Tricyclic and is similar in structure to the widely used Tricyclic anti-depressant Amitriptyline but since it's mostly a Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitor it's closer in mechanism of action to the other Tricyclic anti-depressant that's a metabolite of Amitriptyline and a widely used TCA Noritriptyline. So it is not like Soma, or any of the benzodiazepines like Valium or any other remotely fun drug used as a muscle relaxant. I have taken it in the past and found it nothing but useless as a muscle relaxant. You can't take anymore then a total of 30mg's a dayi think as higher doses of Cyclobenzaprine can be quite Cardiotoxic. Do not take it with any other anti-depressants as it's NRI effects and mild effect as a Serotonin reuptake inhibitor will make it interact with just about every anti-depressant out there. I actually had a really bad panic attack occur because of taking Flexeril while i was on Amitriptyline at about 100mg's a day for Neuropathic pain and bipolar depression. I didn't know much about drug interactions at the time so i didn't know that both where Tricyclics that acted as Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitors not to mention both strong anticholinergic's. I am no longer on Amitriptyline and haven't been for ages but i still wouldn't take Cyclobenzaprine again as not only did i find it useless as a muscle relaxant but it triggered off one of the worst panic attacks i have ever experienced. I am guessing this drug was marketed as a muscle relaxant because it failed as a anti-depressant.

Cyclobenzaprine is certainly no more recreational then any other Tricyclic such as Amitriptyline, Nortriptyline, Trimipramine, Doxepin, etc. Taking more then 30mg's a day can lead to anything from seizures to Cardiotoxic effects depending on the dose. It can help some people sleep so it could be used as that during withdrawal. I would still much rather take Trimipramine or Amitriptyline for insomnia caused by withdrawal or not.

Yeah somas and flexiril are totally different drugs. Somas break down to meprobamate which is a barb and it has more recreational value then flexiril which has none. Neither one are good to party with but they will each help minimally with withdrawal. They might help you get a few winks if you can get something to help with the RLS (maybe high dose lopermide).

Holy shit thanks guys for the advice!! Like a human Google /wiki in your pocket lol . This site is awesome, I love how everyone (including myself) love to help people and answer as detailed as possible you pretty much broke everything down in terms of the norepinephrine reuptake and the anti depressant aspect thank you... We'll see how it goes

Yeah somas and flexiril are totally different drugs. Somas break down to meprobamate which is a barb and it has more recreational value then flexiril which has none. Neither one are good to party with but they will each help minimally with withdrawal. They might help you get a few winks if you can get something to help with the RLS (maybe high dose lopermide).

Meprobamate is a non-Barbiturate sedative and anti-anxiety drug. It has many of the same properties as Barbiturates due but it's a Carbamate so it's actually more closely related to the very shitty, completely useless and projectile vomit inducing muscle relaxant Methocarbamol which is sold OTC in alot of countries including Canada.

Meprobamate is a non-Barbiturate sedative and anti-anxiety drug. It has many of the same properties as Barbiturates due but it's a Carbamate so it's actually more closely related to the very shitty, completely useless and projectile vomit inducing muscle relaxant Methocarbamol which is sold OTC in alot of countries including Canada.
Thank you for the correction,yes it isn't a barb but it is close (probably closest thing to a barb you will get prescribed since they have all but vanished)and works on the barbiturate receptors. In my opinion it sucks recreationally except maybe the first 1/2 hour then after that nothing except being tired. After sayin that I will add it is more recreational to flexiril which has no recreational value.

Took 2.5 mgs and than another 2.5 mgs 2 hours later smoked weed feels alright mostly baggy eyes makes me feel tired