• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Flexeril and Xanax?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rawkus1167

Greenlighter
I don't know if this is the correct place to post this, but if not...oh well. None of us is perfect. Anyway, does anyone know if there is any rec. value at all in taking them together? Safe ? Dangerous? Totally f*cking stupid?....any help at all would be highly appreciated. Has anyone here done it before?
Also, is Flexeril and Valium safe or no? I am literally talking about taking one pill of each. I ain't trying to go out like Heath Ledger or no shit.

No rec use out of Flexeril for me. Not dangerous for both. Xanax, get fucked up. Valium too. Flexeril and benzodiazepines together don't have any dangerous side effects at those doses, or any that I'm aware of. It is more likely that you will pass out before you OD on benzos. With Flexeril, it is more likely that you will have unpleasant side effects or fall asleep before you get to a dangerous dose. This is not to say that you can't OD, but it is unlikely unless that is your purpose or you're an idiot.

Thank you for the intelligent response. I was just curious if it maybe "amplified" the Xanax buzz or something. If the worst it can do is make me fall asleep a little earlier than I want, that ain't a big deal. Does anyone know if there is way to make the Xanax last longer or amplify its effects?

I guess it depends on your dose. Alcohol is synergistic with benzodiazepines like Xanax but with either one you tend to get some anterograde amnesia. I would suggest that if you do decide to go that route, you start slow with both. Just feel it out and be safe.

Also, many people take cimetidine (Tagamet) or grapefruit juice to potentiate their drugs, such as benzos or opiates. The latter is probably your best bet, seeing that Xanax even contains an auxiliary label on the prescription bottle warning of a potential interaction with grapefruit juice.

Flexeril has never agreed with me at all. The last time i took the stuff i had a panic attack so bad i thought i was going to have a heart attack. I couldnt sit still at all and my heart was beating out of my chest. So ya im never touching cyclobenzaprine again. This is just my experience with the drug most other people i know can take it without any bad side effects.

Some people find that flexeril works to help them sleep and i know more then a few people who get knocked on their ass from 10mg's of it. Don't take more then 30mg's at a time since it can mess with your heart. It will have a additive effect with xanax and increase the drowsiness but you will also feel the anti-cholinergic effects of the flexeril (bad dry mouth, drowsiness, fatigue, etc) and some people get hit hard by these side effects.

So it will increase the drowsiness anyway.

The anticholinergic effects of Flexeril were extremely intense in my case. I tend to get RLS symptoms all over my body as well as a fast heart rate and an overall extremely agitated feeling.

I take 30 mgs of flexiril every night before bed. Most nights I take a very small dose of xanax also (0.25-.5). My sleep has never been so good but I don't get any other pleasant effects from the combo--then again I'm not looking for anything else. The only downside is that the flexiril alone gives me horrible dry eyes and dry mouth. I wake up every morning and half to down about a liter of water before I can function, and I have to use the artificial tear drops throughout the day.

I hate flex, it really dries my mouth out. My Dr gives me Soma and those things will put you to sleep if you take four at one time. I dont think I would mix it with any benzos.

So does flexeril add to the effects of xanax (in a good or bad way?) or does it just pretty much do hardly anything noticable, at least?

Thank you for the intelligent response. I was just curious if it maybe "amplified" the Xanax buzz or something. If the worst it can do is make me fall asleep a little earlier than I want, that ain't a big deal. Does anyone know if there is way to make the Xanax last longer or amplify its effects?

The only thing I know of that amps up a benzo buzz is grapefruit juice. Drink a glass about 20 min before you take one..

i don't think flexeril has any rec. value, maybe it has a slight interaction with benzos...

I thought flexeril, if mixed with opiates, caused some potentiation, I could be wrong but I thought I remembered seeing that, anybody knows if this is true?

^ well it definatly will increase sedation. Id say flexeril would potentiate opiates. Just becuase the substance is not recreational on its own doesn't mean it can't be a good potentiator.

^ do you recommenf fkexril + a strong opiate H? any one

I took 20mg and my skeletal muscles felt like 500 ton boulders. Its not fun on its own for sure. I guess it woukd give xanax more sedation. But be carefuk about the dose,,,maybe lower your respitory system to much, keep the doses low so you know what your deaking out., Test the water before you jump in

anyone tho tried flereil and H? sorry for getting off topic

I'm also confused about this combo....

I currently take 3-4 mgs Xanax daily. I just got a dozen 10mg Flexerils.
I have tried taking the cyclobenzaprine with the xanax and with my percocet.
I don't know if I like the addition of flexeril to this combo or not yet.
It makes me more tired so far and walking a bit off balance.
IS THERE ANY RECREATIONAL VALUE for flexerils alone?
What is good dose to take for a 1st time cyclobenzaprine user like myself?
Would flexeril RUIN or ENHANCE benzos and/or opiates???
:\

u should be fine!

I don't know if this is the correct place to post this, but if not...oh well. None of us is perfect. Anyway, does anyone know if there is any rec. value at all in taking them together? Safe ? Dangerous? Totally f*cking stupid?....any help at all would be highly appreciated. Has anyone here done it before?
Also, is Flexeril and Valium safe or no? I am literally talking about taking one pill of each. I ain't trying to go out like Heath Ledger or no shit.
as long as ur body is used to either one of the medications (tolerance) then you should be fine! be careful w/ xanax though, they can cause overdose very easily if u dont know what ur doing!
-street-

Status
Not open for further replies.