• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Flashbacks?

Doctors are great for some kind of operations but regarding psychedelics they pretty much ignore everything. On the other hand I have studied and bioassaid psychs for 15 years so I trust more in my knowledge and insighs and the knowledge of long time users that you can found here that my doctor...
I always felt my shrink who was also an accomplished neurologist struggled to diagnose me.

I'm not saying your flashbacks are psychotic in nature, my poor choice of words, I mean medical science lacks a definition really, and that they will always call it psychosis bor schizophrenia.

Hppd is.a very specific and misunderstood diagnosis if you read the dsim5, neither of us qualify for true hppd the way we describe it.

There is absolutely a lack of psychedelic related mental conditions in dsim/respected medical work

not every doctor is totally clueless about psychedelics, shit, some of them were teenagers/college students in the late 60s/all of the 1970s
Certainly not the norm.

But my last favorite shrink seemed fascinated with my psychedelic use. Specifically DMT. Older guy, neurologist, I felt like he was into LSD culture.

He loved to talk about UFOs and aliens during meetings. He was big in that community. I also love the subject.

Them one day he realized that he was talking about aliens with someone who he diagnosed as schizophrenic... And stopped. I missed that tho, lol

I'm not that type of paranoid schizophrenic but he just stopped one day. Not the best subject probably for mentally ill patients. Lol

Sometimes engaging schizophrenics in their delusions/fantasies can actually help overall.
By embracing the hallucinations rather than trying to reject them, they can be 'adjusted' to become less negative/aggressive and more neutral or even beneficial.
In fact there are some societies that treat the voices/"entities" experienced by schizophrenics as a positive thing, a blessing from the ancestors or something of the sort.

Sometimes engaging schizophrenics in their delusions/fantasies can actually help overall.
By embracing the hallucinations rather than trying to reject them, they can be 'adjusted' to become less negative/aggressive and more neutral or even beneficial.
Paul fletcher is a researcher who does work in this area, I find it quite compelling

yup same here. Edible cannabis feels so much like LSD to me these days its insane. Infact i enjoy the flashbacks on weed now ima try eat a few hundred mg tonight over a few hours. The brownie is so strong tasting. I want to have a out of body experince.
Edible, vaped, and smoked cannabis and hashish-especially if it is Sativa/Sativa dominant-reminds me of low doses of Psilocybin mushrooms with light or mild OEVs, and heavy CEVs.

I have met other people who trip like this from marijuana/hash and it is to the point for us where when we smoke weed or get stoned we trip and it is almost exactly or very similar to a low dose Psilocybin mushroom experience, to where if you told us that we ate shrooms we might believe you.

If you get real sativa Moroccan hashish, pollen/polem, or kif/keef it is super psychedelic.

I never had a bad trip or freak out from too much pot/hash, acid, or mushrooms. But I know people who did. My friend's housemate gave some girls some trainwreck Sativa bud, they smoked too much and thought they were dying and called him asking if they should go to the hospital he calmed them down and said they were not overdosing or dying and they would be fine in 3-4 hours. I smoked some of the trainwreck at a party my friend had-he was not smoking just drinking beer-and my friend's housemate got paranoid thinking their neighbors could see us smoking pot in a second floor bedroom that did not even face their house, that they were calling the police, etc. but none of this happened.

Last edited:
The only flashback i have is - I once came to out of a dilaudid coma by my friend rubbing two popsicles against my temples to keep my heart pumping - now whenever i see the ice cream freezer in the cornershop i feel an eerie tingle.

Everybody, in the US at least, has heard that one story about that one kid who took LSD, freaked out and was never the same. Went to the psych ward and never came back. Common modern myth for many decades now.

Am I that kid they talked about?

I've certainly never "freaked out" on any psychedelic, in fact most of the worst trips I've had I lay mostly still and quiet (sometimes retreating to a warm shower for a few hours - fetal position may be required), and yet later in my life I was the proverbial "drug induced schizophrenic" apparently from too many psychedelics. I was basically that one in a million that fits the myth, where my issue is not genetic and was definitely the drugs. Obviously my story is a lot more complicated and the reason was absolutely a lot more than just the drugs. It would have never happened without the drugs. The drugs. Psychedelics.

I ponder this:

Before my vast, varied and ultimately fatal excursion with psychedelics... and after; I feel a very clear difference. I assume many veteran psycnonauts may understand what I am trying to pose, which is, my brain, my mind's eye, my mind's vision will randomly throughout the day "trip" and see extremely lysergic and DMT like visuals. I'll see a 3D shape twisted and distorted into whatever impossible shape. I'll see colors and light and flashes. I do not physically see these things, they are not really hallucinations per se... I guess instead of me daydreaming about boobs or driving sometimes I will daydream about tripping my ass off like reimagining DMT.

Are these "flashbacks"? Are these part of my schizo? Do all veteran psychonauts experience these things?

Am I "permafried"?

I surely haven’t done as many psychedelics as you (~5 times a year for 15 years?), but I have in the last two years done a couple things that have triggered sort of involuntary persistent closed eye visuals when sober. I started having insane CEVs during peak erotic experiences, which led me to search for CEVs while falling asleep. For several months I was fascinated by the tricks played on me, and often I drifted off to sleep looking at the beautiful shapes, colors and images my minds eye projected on the blackness of my eyelids. In the last year, I have amped it up and tripped maybe 10 times (tryptamines, acid, shrooms) and every time I spend 1-4 hours with my eyes closed. The CEVs are insane, and they influence my sober CEVs. Now my capacity to visually fantasize is off the charts, with the basis being a sort of electric light show that deviates into all sorts of crazy hallucinations.

But this has become a problem, because I no longer find these visuals soporific. When I try to sleep I am often kept awake now by this involuntary home cinema behind my eyelids. I feel like I have opened a Pandora’s box, as closing one’s eyes should be relaxing. It is like tinnitus or an ear worm, but for the eyes. Note that I take almost no other drugs and don’t drink. The occasional benzo doesn’t seem to help. I tried hypnotics for sleeping last week but that made me feel terrible. I probably need to set a stricter sleep schedule, I dunno. Any advice? I will slow down the psychedelics in any case…

Everybody, in the US at least, has heard that one story about that one kid who took LSD, freaked out and was never the same. Went to the psych ward and never came back. Common modern myth for many decades now.

Am I that kid they talked about?

I've certainly never "freaked out" on any psychedelic, in fact most of the worst trips I've had I lay mostly still and quiet (sometimes retreating to a warm shower for a few hours - fetal position may be required), and yet later in my life I was the proverbial "drug induced schizophrenic" apparently from too many psychedelics. I was basically that one in a million that fits the myth, where my issue is not genetic and was definitely the drugs. Obviously my story is a lot more complicated and the reason was absolutely a lot more than just the drugs. It would have never happened without the drugs. The drugs. Psychedelics.

I ponder this:

Before my vast, varied and ultimately fatal excursion with psychedelics... and after; I feel a very clear difference. I assume many veteran psycnonauts may understand what I am trying to pose, which is, my brain, my mind's eye, my mind's vision will randomly throughout the day "trip" and see extremely lysergic and DMT like visuals. I'll see a 3D shape twisted and distorted into whatever impossible shape. I'll see colors and light and flashes. I do not physically see these things, they are not really hallucinations per se... I guess instead of me daydreaming about boobs or driving sometimes I will daydream about tripping my ass off like reimagining DMT.

Are these "flashbacks"? Are these part of my schizo? Do all veteran psychonauts experience these things?

Am I "permafried"?
Never had one. I’ve taken a fair fuck load of psychedelics in my day. Have fondly and deeply remembered experiences. Not as some uncontrollable experience of the mind.

Any advice? I will slow down the psychedelics in any case…
I have pretty much retired from tripping and noticed that the CEVs start to fade the further away I get from my psychedelic use. Luckily my other schizo symptoms also fade, I have mostly recovered. I no longer see intensely psychedelic CEVs but I do still have hypnagogic hallucination CEVs (people, places, objects, colors-- but not fractals anymore), which are very odd on their own, but again they tend to go away with sober time under your belt.

This is the only advice I know.

Hypnotics like benzos sometimes tend to exacerbate them even more for some paradoxical reason. In me, at least.

After a few years I simply got used to them, as much as I can, and it doesn't stress me out anymore nor do they disrupt my sleeping these days (usually).

For me, sobriety brings normalcy to my brain, but it does take some time and patience. When you pry your 3rd eye open it takes some time to close again.