View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Flashbacks LSD

Freddie F

Greenlighter
I was tripping years ago with some friends then a few weeks later started seeing flashes in front of my eyes, they only lasted for a second but appeared one after the other. So for about 5 minutes I was practically blind. I was later told that people were shocking me, (making me jump), while I was tripping but I had no memory of this.
Is there anyone clued up on flashbacks enough to tell me the correct name for these type of flashbacks? There seems to be different types.

I'm kind of having a flashback of this thread right now (ah you deleted it ;) )

But seriously: LSD flashbacks are about reliving specific past experiences, what you experienced sounds mostly like the 'flash' part without the 'back' part, to me it sounds like you had an epileptiform attack which has pretty much nothing to do with flashbacks as they are neurological, physical phenomena i.e. dysfunction of the brain and not psychological ones resulting from extremely intense / traumatic experience.
I guess the LSD could have triggered something related to that attack though, a lot of things can start manifesting (more strongly) after using psychedelics.

Seek help from a neurologist if something like this happens again or keeps happening. A short whiteout type flash, just like a brain zap, does not need to be serious, but minutes of practical blindness is a different story. Despite everything I said about my own ideas we can and will not give you a diagnosis, this forum is no substitute for medical attention. Get that if you need it.

good luck dude

I sort of am getting the medical attention mate. I think they were called "recurrent unbidden images" but am not sure. I saw the place were I was when I was tripping so but with a hallucination too. I researching into them and someone told me about this sight. If you talk to anyone who knows about them please ask them to put something on for me....