• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First week suboxone, can someone tell me if this is normal?

Harmredux

Bluelighter
Background - 10+years pain patient trying to get free from massive amounts of prescribed opiates.

I have taken suboxone before, I got a generic with no naloxone and contrary to the "less is more", I did a shit ton of research that absolutely puts that theory to rest as complete nonsense. But in the past, I had definite feelings after taking it. This is only my second or third day and no withdrawal but I have depression and cravings even on 16-18mg.Doc said don't hesitate to go up to the 24mg scripted, but I do NOT want to stay that high dose for more than a week.

I feel so bummed right now, I quit drinking about a six pack 2 months ago and miss feeling loaded a whole lot today. Does it get better?

Background - 10+years pain patient trying to get free from massive amounts of prescribed opiates.

I have taken suboxone before, I got a generic with no naloxone and contrary to the "less is more", I did a shit ton of research that absolutely puts that theory to rest as complete nonsense. But in the past, I had definite feelings after taking it. This is only my second or third day and no withdrawal but I have depression and cravings even on 16-18mg.Doc said don't hesitate to go up to the 24mg scripted, but I do NOT want to stay that high dose for more than a week.

I feel so bummed right now, I quit drinking about a six pack 2 months ago and miss feeling loaded a whole lot today. Does it get better?
Same with me. I just got my Suboxone script yesterday and they do absolutely NOTHING. I'm still withdrawing after taking 2mg. I got the generic Mylans. I just think generics are completely BUNK.

Good, I am glad I am not alone. Hang in bruv, I am about 20%. Better today, but really I think a lot of this is that we need something like prescribed ketamine to let us feel a bit less pain and honestly a little buzz until we accept the truth that we can not ever get pain relief like we are used to from opiates. Our brain only knows it is in pain, it doesn't give a fuck why. And maybe or maybe not the generic is not providing that pain relief.

I also know for sure that our specific chemical state between gut health, brain chemicals, etc. changes almost weekly very significantly, last time I had suboxone I definitely felt something and I had a generic before in much smaller doses where I felt something so it's just the state of everything this minute.

I don't know what the answer is but just give it at least a few more days

Same with me. I just got my Suboxone script yesterday and they do absolutely NOTHING. I'm still withdrawing after taking 2mg. I got the generic Mylans. I just think generics are completely BUNK.

Yup. I can’t take any of them. Although I was hoping Mylan would be better. I’ve tried Dr Reddys, Alvogen and Mylan Subutex. None of them worked.

And I know cuz I have been on Suboxone for a long time. All generics give me a nasty headache and they feel really opiate heavy but not in a good way. Brand name gives me energy and makes me feel normal. I took up to 4x with generic and still wasn’t where I needed to be..

Also the less is more thing is true, but only with brand name. Generics feel more like a traditional opiate in that more feels “better” but still not as good as brand name.

I’m about to shell out like $600 for a month script from my buddy. It’ll suck but that’ll last me year or two.

-GC

Yup. I can’t take any of them. Although I was hoping Mylan would be better. I’ve tried Dr Reddys, Alvogen and Mylan Subutex. None of them worked.

And I know cuz I have been on Suboxone for a long time. All generics give me a nasty headache and they feel really opiate heavy but not in a good way. Brand name gives me energy and makes me feel normal. I took up to 4x with generic and still wasn’t where I needed to be..

Also the less is more thing is true, but only with brand name. Generics feel more like a traditional opiate in that more feels “better” but still not as good as brand name.

I’m about to shell out like $600 for a month script from my buddy. It’ll suck but that’ll last me year or two.

-GC
100%. Less is NOT more with generics. Generics are like 50% weaker. My usual subs dose is 2mg and I'm great. But on my Mylans generics I have to take 8mg just to feel anything. But I guess you get what you pay for. And the generics only last a couple hours before I have to redose or withdrawals will creep in. Generics should be pulled from the shelves imo. It's a scam

Can we get a few more opinions? Wondering if this could be true to that much of an extent
They taste terrible and take 45mins to dissolve. I can put 10-15 vicodon 5/500 (when they made them)in my mouth for an hour and not be grossed out by the taste but this shits on another level bad.

Can we get a few more opinions? Wondering if this could be true to that much of an extent
They taste terrible and take 45mins to dissolve. I can put 10-15 vicodon 5/500 (when they made them)in my mouth for an hour and not be grossed out by the taste but this shits on another level bad.
Which ones? Mine have absolutely no taste at all. The Mylan generic films.