Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First trip on LSD

connor92

Greenlighter
Hey guys,

I just have a few questions about my first trip on LSD (1P-LSD and BK-2-CB to be exact). Ill start by mentioning I've only done shrooms in the past about 3 times, although no newcomer to ketamine or 2c-e/b. I took a laughable dose of half a 100ug blotter, while I was just coming up from about 200mg bk-2-cb (Spaced evenly through about 4 hours) and even this felt like I'd over done it.

But anyway, my first question is trouble breathing, and I don't mean pain wise, I mean actually thinking about breathing so much that I'd stop and then a few seconds later would have to 'manually' make myself breath again. Common sense tells me I was just in a bit of a bad trip, but this lasted about an hour or so. What was worrying me was I wasn't sure if I was taking shorter breaths than usual, was I getting enough oxygen to my brain etc. If anything from this I'd like to know how people combat this sort of bad trip for next time (Since I bought quite a stock of 1P), I did try breathing exercises but to no avail. Thinking about it now, could it be linked with my anxiety?

My second question is a little embarrassing but we're all friends here, how common is it to feel like you're peeing on psychedelics? iirc when I took shrooms last I got into a terrible trip where I legit thought I was pissing in my bed, ran to the toilet and stayed there for 30 mins trying to pee, even though I know now my bladder would have been pretty empty. This sort of happened last night to the extent where I felt like I couldn't enjoy the trip because I was always on edge about pissing in my bed (Another factor is I live with family, and they don't know that I trip, so would be super awkward to explain why I pissed the bed). Towards the end of my trip (when I realized it was fading), I sort of bit the bullet and just ignored it and really enjoyed the last hour or so of my trip and then regretting not doing it sooner. But I just wanted to know how common this is.

My last question, in terms of "letting go" (which both questions sort of fit into) - There was 1 point that stands out where the sound of silence and my trip were in complete sync, I felt so close to it going further but broke out of it. I can only describe the noise as metal being dragged along metal, but in sync to the OEV's, and there were a few seconds of bliss being felt all over my body, but only to loose it just as quick. At the time I was thinking, 'shit is this really it? should I even be thinking about what to do etc.' Which is when I noticed my breathing rate was higher than usual, and got into the loop of 'was that being close to a real trip, or just lack of oxygen' and I never reached that point again. Gut feeling now is the moment I realised my breathing was deeper was I was having a mild panic attack possibly? This is what I mean by being scared to let go, not knowing what will happen etc.

Now, I know this will make me sound like a hypochondriac and that I should just 'let go' to the trip, but with these things answered and cleared up I guess it'll make the next trip go a bit smoother hopefully. I think I just think way too much into it (Typically a problem for me anyway, thinking too much into things) and perhaps too scared to let myself go to a true psychedelic moment. I'd love to be able to just find myself and enjoy the trip as much as possible.

Thanks in advanced, and sorry if this post is a little bit too long for what I'm asking

Last edited:
I just have a few questions about my first trip on LSD (1P-LSD and BK-2-CB to be exact).

Just FYI, it's a bit misleading to call those drugs "LSD." LSD is a specific chemical that is not the same as 1P-LSD or BK-2C-B.

But anyway, my first question is trouble breathing ... Thinking about it now, could it be linked with my anxiety?

Can you elaborate on your "anxiety?" Because it does indeed sound like anxiety colored your trip. Tripping in your house with family present was probably a factor. Pending more information, my advice would be to choose a more comfortable setting next time.

I wouldn't say my anxiety is that bad, it's more social anxiety more than anything it just gets bad sometimes. The setting for me was a little uneasy but I know I wouldn't have been caught, I don't have that much of an option for the setting unfortunately though. Also, my bad about calling this trip LSD induced, I've read that 1P is very similar to LSD in effects and trip, almost the same infact. I do know RC's are generally substitutes for the actual substance though

Just FYI, it's a bit misleading to call those drugs "LSD." LSD is a specific chemical that is not the same as 1P-LSD or BK-2C-B.

Can you elaborate on your "anxiety?" Because it does indeed sound like anxiety colored your trip. Tripping in your house with family present was probably a factor. Pending more information, my advice would be to choose a more comfortable setting next time.

Nichols proved that 1P-LSD is a prodrug so in your body it is indeed LSD :)

The second time I ever did LSD I felt the exact same sensation of feeling like you pissed yourself.. I was around a few other wouldn't say really friends but acquatenences so that just made it worse sending me into the worst trip I ever had.

I notice with LSD especially LSD if my mind is busy on the surroundings and not myself I have no problems what I find best helps in a bad trip is setting even though you said not much you could do about that. But other than that just finding something that makes me laugh seems to work.

Going to try a smaller dose tonight (quarter of a blot) and maybe take another quarter later into the trip, I've read taking smaller doses often helps if you're fairly new to 1P/LSD. This time I've organized, downloaded some massive resolution space pictures (Often used when I was using 2CB, amazing), got some pens and paper and a list of good music. Also might try to produce some music as I've read that's also a good thing to try and do :) I just think last time I was very unprepared and took it without having anything to do

Nichols proved that 1P-LSD is a prodrug so in your body it is indeed LSD :)

This may be true but its still 1p LSD outside of the body and still not the same thing. Lets hope the kids refrain from calling this 'acid' or LSD and stick to calling it 1p LSD. ;)