• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First Timer LSD: React badly to MDMA, will LSD be okay?

LetsBounce

Greenlighter
Hi all.
So I haven't dropped anything at all (apart from booze, cigarettes/ weed) in 2-3 years. I used to take MDMA relatively frequently (had a year or two where I would drop 1/4 every few months), but I stopped because by the fifth or sixth time the comedowns became absolutely brutal. Not just emotionally difficult but physically awful - I would go sheet white on the comedown, shake, be incredibly nauseous, often be vomiting all day after dropping to the point where the last time I dropped I considered going to hospital, but didn't in the end because I started feeling better. Like the worst physical hangover you've ever had and then a thousand times worse. (and I should say I wasn't hitting it really really hard, I would take 1/4g, maybe just under a 1/ 3g for a big night, wouldn't take it multiple nights in a row, was leaving a month between doses) When this started happening I took a year and a half out from MDMA, when I went back to it with a v. v. low dose (like 1/ 8 ) I got all the same symptoms, but milder, which I attributed to the low dose. ANYWAY, the point of this is that I've basically written off being able to take MDMA ever again :(

So, I'm thinking about trying LSD with an experienced friend this weekend. I've tried quite a few other things (amphetamines, some dodgy af legal highs, prescription downers) but never any psychedelics and never anything particularly hard or longer lasting like Ket (or MDMA). I just wondered whether anyone knows if there's a comedown from acid and if so whether my extreme susceptibility to MDMA comedowns might mean my acid comedown would be equally bad. I'm feeling excited about possibly taking LSD, and I don't think my mindset is a problem. Also on MDMA i never had a problem with the actual trip, it was always the comedown that killed me physically.

Just would be great if anyone has any insight into this or any advice for a first timer. Also, I know I'm on the psychedelics thread, but if anyone has any pearls of wisdom about my brutal experience with MDMA would be all ears (would LOVE to go back to it, even if just once or twice)
Thanks all.

LSD isn't known to have comedowns in quite the same way as MDMA, but there's really no way of knowing until you try it. Just start with a mild dose.

In my experience of doing MDMA, the comedowns would get worse every time I did it while the buzz would also get weaker. I never plan to take MDMA again for this reason and now consider quite a dirty, harsh drug.

LSD however doesn't really have a comedown in the same way. You don't burn out all your of serotonin like with MDMA so you don't feel depressed. In my experience LSD will give me a comfortable body high and although it can be uncomfortable and even scary on a high dose, at the right dose its very relaxing. I like to take 300ug, usually spread out over the day through three 100ug tabs.

Coming down from LSD is not uncomfortable at all like with MDMA. In my experience after a good trip I will get an afterglow and remain feeling happy from the trip for a few days. LSD can be an intense drug on your mind and the come downs from LSD will really only make you a bit dopey. After spending hours tripping I always feel like my brain is a bit frazzled but not uncomfortable.

Just make sure you set aside a day after to relax, you don't want to go to school or do any work that you need to think about because your brain will be exhausted and your body might feel a bit weak. As long as you are in a comfortable setting you will feel good.

On a side note I now enjoy taking 6-apb as a substitute to MDMA. It is not quite the same but a similar high, I find it a bit milder but much longer. The come up usually takes about 4 hours but there is not really any come down. Calm ride up, calm ride down. And if you are tolerant to MDMA, 6-apb will make you feel like the you felt the first time you took MDMA.

As others have said, LSD does not release chemicals in your brain and is completely non-toxic, so MDMA-type comedowns are not an issue with LSD. That doesn't mean, however, that LSD comedowns don't happen. For me it's usually just a bit of a 'cracked out' feeling from the end of the peak until I've slept. The day after I usually have a great afterglow, and feel surprisingly 'normal'... More normal than I do after other drugs or psychedelics.

YMMV though some report never having this post-peak burn out, and some also report feeling pretty tired and worn out in the day(s) following use rather than having an afterglow. Really the main thing to be aware of is the greater likelihood of an LSD trip taking you to an uncomfortable place than an MDMA trip. Make sure your set and setting are good. Any comedown feelings you may have should be short lived if they appear and nowhere near as bad as an MDMA comedown can be.

LSD will keep you awake for quite a while after the effects have worn off, so falling asleep might prove difficult and frustrating — but once you do, you'll sleep like a rock. You shouldn't feel any sort of physical hangover after this, but some people (myself included) can feel a bit grumpy the next day, although it's nothing like post-MDMA depression.

Thanks for your advice everyone. Am feeling good and (in some way) prepared for the stronger nature of the trip that LSD is gonna be. Also like I said, planning on taking it with a close friend in a safe environment at a low dose.

^I just wanted to chime in, that sounds like the ideal way to try acid. Tripping outside is almost a guaranteed amazing, euphoric trip for me. And as others have said, there's no come down. Ip always get a euphoric afterglow, actually. Some people find the come up to be really uncomfortable but I don't think it's bad. It's more physical for me than mental, just a very strong body buzz, but in the right mindset, it can be kind of pleasant. It was weird at first, but now I like it. But if you want to avoid that, I've found that drinking a beer during the come up really smoothes things out without diminishing the psychedelia. And good choice starting with a low dose, the visuals will be mild and there won't even be a real mindfuck, it'll just get you thinking kind of whimsically and maybe a bit deeper than usual. You sound like you have it planned out perfectly so enjoy!!

So just to update the thread (I hope it's ok to do this, I couldn't find any prohibitive rules in the guidelines about trip reporting) - I ended up taking 100mics of LSD. I took it in two 50mic doses - putting the first dose in and keeping it on my tongue for 15mins, then swallowing and doing the same with the second dose. (I'm a woman, 22 yrs old, 125lbs) (The friends I was with advised that we do this and it seemed to make for a relatively smooth come-up). We took the dose at 4pm and were up by 5pm, when we also took some anti-nausea medicine called Stematil. I found the come-up fine and felt very calm and content throughout, but the body-high felt very intense to me, much more than any mental or visual effects. I did some deep breathing and that helped with the intensity. I did start to notice that stuff just looked, like, MORE though. I noticed colours, details and objects that I hadn't seen before. I saw a painting and couldn't stop looking at it. The trees outside rippled with wind and light. The feeling of happiness, contentment and body buzz seemed came in waves over me.

Around 6pm I felt a tangible sense of euphoria and the walls started moving. I couldn't stop smiling. We went downstairs to the kitchen and one of my friends made tea - the noise of the kettle made ripples in the air and the floor was incredibly green and patterned. We smoked a small amount of low-THC weed. We then peaked between 6.30 and 9pm, with the height of the peak being around 7.30/8pm. I couldn't stop smiling and laughing, we listened to music and it sounded better than anything. I played with a child's toy. I felt absolutely in the moment, and stripped back to primitive feelings. I experienced some visuals, but nothing major. I saw the carpet buzz with the music and had a few small trips while staring at the wall (i saw a couple of people dancing).

At around 9.30 we started coming down from the peak, and I felt disoriented and tired for ten or fifteen minutes. The slow nature of time on the trip felt overwhelming. I think it was because I was still tripping, but was more sober than I was an hour before, and that confused me. The body high was still very intense and I think without the anti-nausea medicine I would have experienced some bad nausea, as I felt quite sickly and ill. My friends looked after me and suggested that we change music to change vibes. Then I ate a banana and brushed my teeth which made me feel better. I listened to some calming music with headphones and felt much better. Me and my friends hung out and chatted and ate a bit more food. Around 4am we went to bed. It took me twenty or thirty minutes to fall asleep and I felt quite sick while I was lying there, but eventually it was fine and I did sleep for around five hours.

The next day I had little appetite and felt tired and a bit nauseous, but I was overall fine. The afterglow was quite nice, but wasn't very strong. All in all it was an incredible first experience and I would try it again. The sense of happiness and bliss I felt in the first half of the trip was overwhelming, and the contentment of the post-peak was good too.

All in all it was an incredible first experience and I would try it again. The sense of happiness and bliss I felt in the first half of the trip was overwhelming, and the contentment of the post-peak was good too.

I am glad, thanks for sharing.

So just to update the thread (I hope it's ok to do this, I couldn't find any prohibitive rules in the guidelines about trip reporting) - I ended up taking 100mics of LSD. I took it in two 50mic doses - putting the first dose in and keeping it on my tongue for 15mins, then swallowing and doing the same with the second dose. (I'm a woman, 22 yrs old, 125lbs) (The friends I was with advised that we do this and it seemed to make for a relatively smooth come-up). We took the dose at 4pm and were up by 5pm, when we also took some anti-nausea medicine called Stematil. I found the come-up fine and felt very calm and content throughout, but the body-high felt very intense to me, much more than any mental or visual effects. I did some deep breathing and that helped with the intensity. I did start to notice that stuff just looked, like, MORE though. I noticed colours, details and objects that I hadn't seen before. I saw a painting and couldn't stop looking at it. The trees outside rippled with wind and light. The feeling of happiness, contentment and body buzz seemed came in waves over me.

Around 6pm I felt a tangible sense of euphoria and the walls started moving. I couldn't stop smiling. We went downstairs to the kitchen and one of my friends made tea - the noise of the kettle made ripples in the air and the floor was incredibly green and patterned. We smoked a small amount of low-THC weed. We then peaked between 6.30 and 9pm, with the height of the peak being around 7.30/8pm. I couldn't stop smiling and laughing, we listened to music and it sounded better than anything. I played with a child's toy. I felt absolutely in the moment, and stripped back to primitive feelings. I experienced some visuals, but nothing major. I saw the carpet buzz with the music and had a few small trips while staring at the wall (i saw a couple of people dancing).

At around 9.30 we started coming down from the peak, and I felt disoriented and tired for ten or fifteen minutes. The slow nature of time on the trip felt overwhelming. I think it was because I was still tripping, but was more sober than I was an hour before, and that confused me. The body high was still very intense and I think without the anti-nausea medicine I would have experienced some bad nausea, as I felt quite sickly and ill. My friends looked after me and suggested that we change music to change vibes. Then I ate a banana and brushed my teeth which made me feel better. I listened to some calming music with headphones and felt much better. Me and my friends hung out and chatted and ate a bit more food. Around 4am we went to bed. It took me twenty or thirty minutes to fall asleep and I felt quite sick while I was lying there, but eventually it was fine and I did sleep for around five hours.

The next day I had little appetite and felt tired and a bit nauseous, but I was overall fine. The afterglow was quite nice, but wasn't very strong. All in all it was an incredible first experience and I would try it again. The sense of happiness and bliss I felt in the first half of the trip was overwhelming, and the contentment of the post-peak was good too.

Good stuff.

Where are you going to go from here?

Body load and nausea are quite often psychosomatic with LSD. The experience is unlike anything your system has experienced before and can result in your subconsciousness trying to "blame" it on your body. The more experienced you get in letting go and accepting the trip for what it is, the less physical side effects you will get. A good LSD trip can be mostly free of those. You shouldn't need ant-nausea meds unless you have a specific condition that warants them.

That's good to know.
I think I'm gonna experiment a little more with low doses, maybe some micro-dosing.

Don't feel bad. I've only tryed MDMA once. LSD should be fine if you start small.

Plenty of good advice so far, while LSD indeed does not really cause a hangover, it still can varied after-effects. For some people it may not be too out of the ordinary w.r.t. after-effects either way, but others might experience a positive afterglow from feeling kind of reborn or reset. But even others may find that upon coming down the world is a bit grey and dull sober by comparison which is a bit disenchanting. But that would not be a hangover effect from having affected neurotransmitter levels or other unusual things at the neuron level, but more of a psychological response to the quality of the experience.
Nothing serious though I'd say.

I didn't tried MDMA again for 9 years and won't touch it again even if it were offered for free. I still take LSD once a month at least. You'll learn that MDMA is the most fake and dirtier drug you ever tried