• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

First time with packaged edibles.

Speed King

Bluelighter
I just received two pieces of THC infused candy. According to the package, each piece has 100 mg of THC and tastes dank AF. I don't know how it will effect me, so I ate half of one piece(50mg). I actually took it sublingually.

I smoke dank exclusively, so I can handle a decent amount of bud, but I never had accurate dosages before.

My stomach is empty, I have 30mg of dextroamphetamine sulphate in my system, but that's about it.

I guess I'm asking is 50 mg decent? 100 mg decent? I just don't know how it compares to smoking.

My buddy said that two would get me high and this dude smokes more then me.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi.

50 mg is a pretty hefty dose if you've never done edibles before. Even if you've done edibles, it can be very strong. Sublingual is gonna hit you quicker than eating the piece of candy.

If you smoke dank and can handle things, you should be perfectly ok. Have water to drink (not beer like me) and something healthy to eat. You've got 150 mg left? Put it away so you don't eat it out of hunger :)

Have something nice, easy and somewhat healthy to eat. Munchies on edibles are pure evil.

Tom

(If you ate both pieces, you probably would be flying a bit too fast. - and it might last 8-12 hours)

Last edited:
No way. I started low, for all the correct reasons. Thanks for the food suggestions. I could of ate a big chili meal, but didn't know how it would effect me. I have water and Gatorade on hand.

I have a feeling it's going to take a bit longer to fully kick in. I don't know the sublingual part worked, but that will be cool not having to wait all night. It hasn't been 2 hours yet, but something is definately going on.

Last edited:
2-3 hours is what it usually takes to kick in for me. Gatorade is a great idea; never thought of that.

Have fun.

Tom

(Speed King; I forgot to add, but you may already suspect that the more you take, the quicker it starts to come on, and yeah I also forgot that it hits the hardest on an empty stomach. I've just taken 200 mg and going to watch the election on DVR and get annoyed all over again and start shouting. And I ignore my own advice and am drinking beer along with the edible. - gonna feel like shit tomorrow morning, but in a few hours I'll be flying)

Last edited:
Sounds great. I wish I could get edibles that I actually knew the dosage of. But since anything with thc in it is illegal here there isn't much chance of that. Prohibition sux.

We make cookies and our friends do too and it's really hard to know what you are in for. Sometimes I've started with half a cookie (decent sized cookies) and ended up couch locked and people coming into the room saying how shit faced I looked for many hours.

Having them the way you are and knowing how much thc is in them is great. So if you have 50 mg's this time and it seems an average hit you will know you can probably handle 100mg's with no issue next time.

i actually tried a dank candy edible i was told was 150mg. tasted really dank.

i had it a while after breakfast and did not get an effect at all. i've made stronger edibles with firecrackers, oil/butter.

i prefer to make my own as i don't trust others really. i hate being underwhelmed from them.

i actually tried a dank candy edible i was told was 150mg and did not get an effect at all

150mg of THC should put you on your ass. Some people measure as 150mg of flower to make it seem stronger. 90mg of THC in an accurately dosed edible gets me pretty good and I take a dozen dabs a day or more.

You should definitely feel 50mg on an empty stomach with definite pain relief, etc. I'd say that's at or above what a lot ofmany people use for chronic pain, especially if they're not big smokers (so it's more on target for you since you're new to edibles but do smoke). When I take 80-100mg that's generally before bed or an airline flight (before bed I'd also be taking many dabs tho)

When I take 80-100mg that's generally before bed or an airline flight (before bed I'd also be taking many dabs tho)

Interesting that you mention edibles before airline flights - that's what I do because of a horrible fear of flying. Besides, I figure if I'm gonna get shot out of the sky by a missile, I want to be as high as I can. Hate flying.

Tom

150mg of THC should put you on your ass. Some people measure as 150mg of flower to make it seem stronger. 90mg of THC in an accurately dosed edible gets me pretty good and I take a dozen dabs a day or more.

well i'm more inclined to now think they were not 150mg at all. maybe 10mg or 50mg. either way i had no effect and i'd say i'm a relatively heavy smoker.

no dabs though. hash/oil is a delicacy to me.

^that's what I was thinking. I know you smoke regularly but even so, a heavy dabber (or super heavy smoker) will still feel a true 150mg of THC. It comes on differently for some folks but that's a dose that at some point it would hit you all at once and you'd take a nap. lol

Interesting that you mention edibles before airline flights - that's what I do because of a horrible fear of flying. Besides, I figure if I'm gonna get shot out of the sky by a missile, I want to be as high as I can. Hate flying.

I don't hate flying but I like it less now than when I was small (doesn't feel as roomy). I just dislike screaming kids and groups of people mostly, plus I don't drink so high and opiated is how I like to fly.

I don't hate flying but I like it less now than when I was small (doesn't feel as roomy). I just dislike screaming kids and groups of people mostly, plus I don't drink so high and opiated is how I like to fly.

i may try an edible to fly when i head home.. i haven't really done it.. i used to be an anxious flyer but now i just take about 20mg diazepam and just chill out.

i'm gonna go for the benzo+kratom+edible flight home =D.

i may try an edible to fly when i head home.. i haven't really done it.. i used to be an anxious flyer but now i just take about 20mg diazepam and just chill out.

i'm gonna go for the benzo+kratom+edible flight home =D.

Good Lord Sir, you have my respect. I've never tried Kratom (its in a head shop a few mile from my house) and I've never mixed edibles with Benzodiazepines (stopped those 6 years ago, though I do miss em).

I've been putting off flying to BC to see my cousin because of flying....shit man, God didn't give me wings.

Everyone has got to stop talking about airplanes and switch to something safe like...living in underground bunkers.

Jesus I really hate planes - last time was flying to Los Angeles in 1992 and had a window seat. My boss at the time (loved him, but what an asshole) said 'Hey Tom, look at how the the wings are oscillating up and down, isn't it cool? NO IT ISNT I left Winnipeg at 6 am and by 12 noon I was wandering around somewhere where they only spoke Spanish. I knew the word Cerveza and just kept paying for every beer with a 5$. Still alive. I had to take something called zopicloni? for the flight back.

Let's just get rid or all the airlines, ok?

Tom
(horses worked for thousands of years and you can eat them when times get tough and they stay on the ground)

I'm afraid of being over, rather than underwhelmed. I'm prone to anxiety and to my understanding (I've never had any) edibles hit you a lot harder, albeit later, and last a long time.

I have a friend who tells me he had this really terrifying experience where he was convinced he was going to die when he way overshot the dose, and he is quite experienced. So while oral consumption seems like a good way of ingesting, I'm wary.

Seems like it would be great to eliminate smoke, and make more effect with less, but I'm concerned about how to figure it out, as someone else alluded to since it's not legal (here), there's no way to really mathematically figure it out, I mean I don't have THC content on a label.

At a conservative dose, 8 hours flew by, since I origionally posted. I enjoy the packaged edibles, but believe I could make my own edibles. Defenately a game changer.

Last edited:
Jesus I really hate planes - last time was flying to Los Angeles in 1992 and had a window seat. My boss at the time (loved him, but what an asshole) said 'Hey Tom, look at how the the wings are oscillating up and down, isn't it cool? NO IT ISNT I left Winnipeg at 6 am and by 12 noon I was wandering around somewhere where they only spoke Spanish. I knew the word Cerveza and just kept paying for every beer with a 5$. Still alive. I had to take something called zopicloni? for the flight back.

uno cerveza, por favor/para llebar :D

flying stoned would really wear me out, takes a bunch of mental energy just to get packed, get to the airport, get to the terminal, get through security sober and once i'm that far in there's usually a bar to have a relaxing pint at anyway.

Ot, but I wouldnt mind a few zopicloni myself. Would pair with a rice crispie treat.