• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time with oxycodone. Quick question.

Sick115

Greenlighter
I took Oxycodone for the first time this morning. I woke up, and took 3 5-325 tablets first thing, and swallowed them with grape juice. Which in hindsight, was a terrible idea, considering the events that followed. I got on the computer and figured it may take a while for them to take effect. About 2 minutes later, it hit me like a train. My vision blurred, and it was hard to move my legs. I stood up to get some food, and almost fell down, but I caught myself on the counter. Then I had the worst nausea I had ever felt. I barely made it to my room without puking. I laid down and went to sleep for a few hours, and was fine.

I'm just wondering if this is normal for the first time taking oxycodone. I'm sure the empty stomach/first thing in the morning thing contributed to the bad experience. Does anyone have any tips on how to avoid nausea in the future?

Last edited:
take less. some people are really sensitive to oxy. it blows my mind how, but you are not the first person i have heard of throwing up from 15-20mg of oxy.

i would not eat them on a full stomach; they get "lost." but maybe have a good meal a few hours before.

and bluelight does not use "swim." you will catch flak for doing so. i even think it is against the rules.

I didn't throw up, but I came pretty close. I was only nauseous when I stood up. Laying down I was fine.

My bad about the swim thing. I saw it on another site, so i just assume that was the rule in other sites. I can edit the op if needed

If you have no opiate tolerance, 15 mg of oxycodone could make you a little sick, even cause vomiting, but it sounds like it made you very, very sick. You are likely naturally sensitive to opiates, as some people are. Lying down when on opiates helps greatly to relieve with nausea.

When I tried 5mg of Vicodin for the first time, I got severely nauseated. I tried a 5-325 Perc a month later & the same thing, nauseation & felt like I was gonna fall down so I stopped using any opiates for 10 years. Last year I was prescribed 7.5/750 Vicodins for my back pain & it was the best high I ever had gotten off of just 1 pill.

I use to be sensitive to opiates but 10 years later, still with a very low tolerance, I was able to take opiates w/o getting nauseated, dont know why. A year later & my tolerance is up a bit & I can take more.

You might need some time for your mind & body to get use to opiates.

Well, I took 3 pills, and this was my first time experiencing any kind of opiates, so maybe I'll try again tomorrow with a lower dose, maybe 1 or 2.

Nausea is a very common side effect of opiates and usually occurs when you take too much. 15mg of oxycodone is a large dose to start off at. For a first timer with no opiate experience I'd recommend 10mg to get the "full" high but not get sick. I started my opiate career off with 15mg of hydrocodone or 10mg oxycodone. Equivalent doses. I got high as fuck from 10mg of oxycodone, I can't believe how high I got. I wish I could get that high again.

This is normal, don't take opiates on a totally empty stomach if you aren't tolerant to them, they will cause nausea. Eat a small meal (preferably fatty) if you are taking them orally, other ROAs don't matter. Since I take birth control pills I have never tried potentiating with grapefruit juice so have no experience with that. Eating something should help, or you could also take some bendryl (diphenhydramine) which will potentiate the opiate as well. Welcome to BL!

yea some people are just really sensitive to oxy ( or opiates in general) i would suggest cutting it to around 10mg oxycodone and if you begin to feel nauseas just lay down on your side... it usually subsides quicky. good luck.

take less. some people are really sensitive to oxy. it blows my mind how, but you are not the first person i have heard of throwing up from 15-20mg of oxy.

i would not eat them on a full stomach; they get "lost." but maybe have a good meal a few hours before.

and bluelight does not use "swim." you will catch flak for doing so. i even think it is against the rules.

If I take 40-80mg of straight OC or OP I feel great and not nauseous. I took 3 percs once for amout 20mg and puked. I think its the tylenol, also the grapefuit was a BAD idea.

If I take 40-80mg of straight OC or OP I feel great and not nauseous. I took 3 percs once for amout 20mg and puked. I think its the tylenol, also the grapefuit was a BAD idea.

I don't think acetaminophen can make you puke unless your taking higher doses like 4 grams or more. But it is possible.

other sites that use swim ... smh.... but yea some people just arent made for opiates...it sucks but its also pretty good for you...unless your really in pain...then indeed it sucks

I advise the poster to try 7.5 mg oxycodone the next time. Often 10 mg oxycodone is a good starting point for the opiate-naive, but you may be especially sensitive so 7.5 mg would be my recommendation. I would take it in the early evening after having eaten that day. Lie down, and relax, you should have a very different, much more enjoyable experience.

7.5mg is a pretty low dose. Don't think it will carry much euphoria at all but I guess its something you could try.

I felt lovely from just 5 mg my first time, but didn't really realize how lovely until the experience was over, it was great but subtle. 10 mg is ideal for an opiate-naive individual in most situations, but 7.5 mg seems like it would be better since 15 mg made his vision blurry, and he almost fell down.

I felt lovely from just 5 mg my first time, but didn't really realize how lovely until the experience was over, it was great but subtle. 10 mg is ideal for an opiate-naive individual in most situations, but 7.5 mg seems like it would be better since 15 mg made his vision blurry, and he almost fell down.

Possibly could.

i dont remember what it felt like when i first started because i was actually in so much paint i had to take more then recommended...

Yeah, as others have said, it seems like you took a large first-time dose along with having a fully empty stomach. Next time, take less, or you could try taking the same dose about an hour after breakfast. I'm guessing that the main problem was your empty stomach, because 2 minutes is an incredibly fast come up, even for taking it upon waking.

Good advice RedBaron. A good way to prevent nausea is to eat a small snack and wait about 30-60 minutes until consumption of opiate.