• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

First time with MDMA

king0

Greenlighter
I have 84% pure MDMA coming (not tested yet, but I trust the reviews and will test when I get it to make sure).

I've done a few hours of reading to try and make sure I have the best experience possible, this is what I plan to do -

Supplements - I'm going to get the supplements recommended on http://www.rollsafe.org/ I had shitty week comedown when I did coke earlier this year, looking to try minimise any possible comedown this time.

Dose - I'm 6'2 but weigh 70kg. I'm thinking around 100-110mg? then a 40-50mg redose at the peak? (how exactly do you know when you've hit the peak, I've seen 1 hour 30 mins in is a good time to redose? Is that from once you first take it or when you start coming up?)

Hydration - 500ml of water of an hour (i'm assuming clubs in the UK sell bottled water right? never needed to notice before now)

Food - Eat a plain meal around 4 hours before dropping?

The plan is to bomb the mdma, I'm slightly worried about this because I cannot for the life of me swallow tablets or anything, will it be a lot easier to swallow a bomb? I guess I'll have to practice with sugar or something first.

Also, I'm planning to drink a couple of bottles of carlsberg or something before dropping, just to ease any nerves or anxiety I'll probably have before dropping and whilst waiting for it to kick in. Is this a good idea? Not going to be drunk, just slightly tipsy, if that.

One more thing, I've been reading on here that pure MDMA doesn't make you want to go dance? Is this true for everyone? Should I take a caffeine pill with it? (saw that recommended).

Any other advice will be much appreciated :D

Hey man I'll answer all your questions:

I'm going to get the supplements recommended on http://www.rollsafe.org/

That's not a bad idea but is a little overkill IMO. The key to keeping harm to a minimum is dosage over an evening whereas supplements can just assist things somewhat. A multivitamin or some 5-HTP won't harm but isn't compulsory in my opinion. All those supplements is just over the top tbh. It won't harm I just don't think it actually changes all that much so is a waste of dollar. Completely your decision of course.

I'm thinking around 100-110mg? then a 40-50mg redose at the peak? (how exactly do you know when you've hit the peak, I've seen 1 hour 30 mins in is a good time to redose? Is that from once you first take it or when you start coming up?)

This is a great dosing plan. Anywhere from 1hr-3hrs after dropping the initial dose works for me but some people suggest that 1hr-2hrs after is best. The first times I took MDMA I often brought a redose with me but never took it. When you're new to the drug one good dose can give you all you need. Play it by ear and see how you're feeling on the night. If you're having a great time vibing without it then don't bother taking the redose. If you wanna take it then anywhere from 1-3hrs after the initial dose has worked fine for me.

Hydration - 500ml of water of an hour (i'm assuming clubs in the UK sell bottled water right? never needed to notice before now)

500ml of water an hour is actually a lot of water and probably too much to stay hydrated. MDMA causes dehydration in a very similar fashion that exercise does - it increases your heart rate and blood pressure. Unless you're dancing really hard then 2-4 500ml bottles will probably be enough over the course of the evening. I used to be like you thinking I need to drink 500ml per hour and would get through 6-7 bottles a night then find myself pissing constantly on the comedown. Why did this happen? Because I was drinking far more than I was actually losing. Even considering I was dancing and on MDMA both of which cause dehydration. Obviously if you're sweating a lot then drink some more water. It's really not hard. Listen to what your body is telling you. All clubs sell bottled water so don't worry about that. They'll often rip you off for it but it's still there. My usual technique is to buy the initial bottle then refill it at the toilet taps to save money.

Food - Eat a plain meal around 4 hours before dropping?

Yeah sounds like a good idea. Main thing is to not eat too near to dropping as this could prolong the come-up time.

The plan is to bomb the mdma, I'm slightly worried about this because I cannot for the life of me swallow tablets or anything, will it be a lot easier to swallow a bomb?

Ermm, I'd imagine it's similar to swallowing a small pill. I never have any problems but I can swallow big pills without any water. Just grab a drink, whack the bomb in ya mouth and neck the drink.

Also, I'm planning to drink a couple of bottles of carlsberg or something before dropping, just to ease any nerves or anxiety I'll probably have before dropping and whilst waiting for it to kick in. Is this a good idea? Not going to be drunk, just slightly tipsy, if that.

I usually do this as well. A few beers in the pub before with my friends to loosen up goes just nicely. The key is to stay tipsy and not get full-on drunk or you could find yourself forgetting big parts of the nights with the MDMA + alcohol combo. I've experienced that one twice and it's not brilliant. But a few drinks before MDMA isn't overly dangerous. Just remember that alcohol will also dehydrate you so if you're drinking it while on MDMA then drink water as well.

One more thing, I've been reading on here that pure MDMA doesn't make you want to go dance? Is this true for everyone? Should I take a caffeine pill with it? (saw that recommended).

The effects from pure MDMA can be very set/setting dependent. I've always found that pure MDMA in a club setting has made me want to dance. It can also hit differently on different days so it's hard to say. Any times where I've not really been feeling it I've grabbed an energy drink which always gets me in the dancing mood. Instead of taking a caffeine pill with it, I'd wait till you're rolling in the club to see how you feel. If you're not feeling dancey then grab an energy drink which will certainly put you in the mood.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice man, will definitely take it on board. Can't believe I didn't think to just buy an energy drink aha.

I have 84% pure MDMA coming (not tested yet, but I trust the reviews and will test when I get it to make sure).
caution, quick chemistry lession following:
the whole "84% is the best you can get"-thing is a myth or marketing hype.
mdma freebase is a caustic oil that needs to be neutralised by acid to get a stable, easy to handle salt. just like adding hydrochloric acid to highly reactive sodium metal gives you table salt. saying that pure mdma is only 84% is like saying table salt is only 39% pure sodium.

you shouldn't trust the reviews, but it's fine as long as you are going to test it. good thing you're looking into testing before you take your first dose.

how exactly do you know when you've hit the peak, I've seen 1 hour 30 mins in is a good time to redose? Is that from once you first take it or when you start coming up?)

there's no way you can miss the peak ;)
especially the first few times, the time from feeling it come on to the peak is very short. it might be 10 minutes or it might be a matter of seconds.
the 1.5h are from the first dose. that translates into 30-45min after the peak starts.
The plan is to bomb the mdma, I'm slightly worried about this because I cannot for the life of me swallow tablets or anything, will it be a lot easier to swallow a bomb? I guess I'll have to practice with sugar or something first.

it's definitely easier than swallowing a tablet (i also have slight problems with tablets). just don't hesitate too long once you have it in your mouth. the paper will release its contents quickly and the taste is truly awful.
you'll hardly feel it after a good gulp of water, but it's advisable to have some bread or a cracker or something handy just in case.

you won't need the caffeine pill. most people who complain about that don't do mdma in a club environment, take way too much or are used to have some (meth)amphetamine in their pills along with mdma.
what is true is that the stimulating effects decrease a bit with more experience, but that should be of no concern to you. also mdma isn't like amphetamine in that it makes sitting around uncomfortable because you need to move and do something. sitting is pleasant and so is dancing your ass off. i have never even once witnessed anyone on their first time mdma not dancing the great majority of the night.

have fun!

Hey guys, just got back home from my first time taking MDMA, thought I would type it up seeing as I'm not that tired yet. It's 7:24am at time of writing this.

I drank 120mg in a small amount of Dr Pepper at around 10:45pm, this was because I didn't want to risk losing the MDMA by trying to swallow a bomb when previous dry runs proved me to start choking because of my ridiculous gag reflex aha. Didn't taste anywhere near as bad as I was expecting. Just slightly odd, like someone had poured some salt in there.

Took around 45 minutes for me to start noticing its effects. No anxiety or anything, I just felt a bit tipsy (I hadn't drunk any alcohol). The first thing I noticed was being slightly giggly on the inside. 5 or so minutes later I then noticed it felt like I was in space. My movements were all slow and I was waving my arms around, they felt heavy and light at the same time, not sure if this was because of the music being kind of slow (some chart r&b). We left for the club at about 12:15am, 1.5 hours after I first took it.

The second floor (dance music) was closed temporarily, so we stayed on the first floor which was again r&b music. I danced awkwardly for around 5 minutes, thinking to myself surely this is not it. I was bored. Part of me just wanted to go home. It was also really odd seeing how drunk everyone was around me, not sure if it was just because I was sober or MDMA improved my perception skills. Anyway, not being totally sure what to expect, I thought I was at or near the peak, so I went to a toilet cubicle, popped open my 60mg MDMA capsule and poured it into a glass of coke I had bought. Drank it down, went back to the dance floor and danced some more. I still wasn't really enjoying myself, so I suggested we went outside to the smoking area.

I stood around for a couple of minutes, then my friend who was also on MDMA said he fancied a hug. I was like sure, and he hugged me. WOW. That is when it hit me, the warmth from the hug was amazing, centralised from where he initially touched me, with the warmth feeling spreading up my back. He let go, and I just felt really happy. I said to him wow that's really kicked it off and he just smiled at me.

There was 4 of us just stood in a circle, smoking, being relaxed, giving each other group hugs. Other people around us must have wondered what was wrong with us, but it just felt so nice and cosy and warm. After maybe around 20-30 minutes of just talking we went upstairs as the dance floor was open again. Now.. I can't remember if we did something in-between this, but it happened at some point on the dancefloor. The lights just looked amazing, all of them blurring together, this music sounding louder and clearer than ever. Nobody to love came on and it just made me feel really happy and content, I've heard it a hundred times but this time was so much better Now, I think this might be when the 60mg kicked in, because eyes started rolling. I was just staring up at the lights, eyes wiggling around with all the lights blurring together, my friends around me, it was great.

At some point I ended up outside again in the smoking area, sat next to my friend on the ground. We were talking about family, relationships, recently deceased relatives and so on. Just a deeply emotional conversation, even though the subject matter wasn't particularly happy, I could feel that connection people talk about, making you feel really close. It was also around this time I started to come up from my third and last 60mg, again feeling the spacey floaty feeling again.

At around 3am we left the club and slowly made our way to another one that was open till 6am. I was rolling properly by now, and loving every second just losing myself in the music and the lights. My two friends who were also on MDMA (and started a couple of hours earlier than me) then sobered up, It was only around 3:45am, I had planned to roll until around 6am, but they were not feeling it any more and I could tell. We went outside, smoking and talking again. We decided to walk back to one of their houses just to smoke and relax. I was still rolling in the kitchen, just talking and joking around. Then at half 5, snap. It was gone. Everything suddenly sounded different, I let out a little sigh and said I think it's gone. I tried to get my eyes to do the wiggling, nope. I was sober.

Tried to get up for a drink, I had jelly legs though so my friend got me water. I felt a little odd, wired yet tired, also felt a bit like when you wake up early and you have a hangover. Had a slight nauseas feeling come up, still hasn't properly gone away. 45 minutes or so after that though I needed the toilet, had no problem going for a piss. I walked back into town with my friend, he went his way, I got in a cab. Now I am lying in bed, with a slight afterglow. Just feel content, with a new found love for my friends, oh and a slightly aching jaw aha.

Also, forgot to mention, my friend gave me some strawberry cider in the club... tasted absolutely amazing. It was like some sweet strawberry foam just gliding down my throat, never tasted anything so good before.

Not sure how well this post reads anyway, will read over it after I wake up and maybe change it a bit, but yes, MDMA was amazing and I have to say thanks to all the great users on the board who I took advice from in the various threads and posts that have been built up. Looking forward to my next experience (after a suitable break) :)

glad to hear you had a good time.

Then at half 5, snap. It was gone. Everything suddenly sounded different, I let out a little sigh and said I think it's gone. I tried to get my eyes to do the wiggling, nope. I was sober.
such a sad moment. it comes too soon every time ;)

I needed the toilet, had no problem going for a piss.
typically it's no problem once you're coming down again. only while rolling it can ime lead to awkwardly long sessions at the toilet...