• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

First time, very little effects

Oakstone

Bluelighter
So a little while back I finally got around to trying some cannabis. I was with a friend and his sister, both of whom have smoked a good amount in the past.
I smoked almost as much as them (if not the same amount), maybe three pretty good drags, which I held in for about ten seconds. They both got fairly high (especially his sister, who hadn't smoked in a while), but I felt close to nothing. A sort of pressure/heat behind my head early on which quickly developed into a bad headache.
I did get a little bit of expected effects, but... not much at all. I was pretty close to sober. I'd compare it to taking a regular-size dose of an opiate when I already have a somewhat high tolerance. I feel a little bit of something... but it's just a hint of it. And the headache was pretty much unbearable later on.

Any ideas why this could be? I have depression and possibly schizophrenia, if those might have anything to do with it (natural lack of endogenous cannabinoids, etc).

3 drags won't do much. But, as a side note it's common for first time smokers to feel hardly anything. Google "first time smoking weed feel nothing".

A lot of people feel nothing first time. Were you definitely taking it all the way in? I have a friend who keeps it in his mouth (EVERYTIME) then bitches about how rubbish my weed is hahahaha! I would also agree that 3 drags really wont do much! Like even early on, when i had a low tolerance, i would need 9 decent drags to feel it properly! and i get decent weed!

Oh no, I definitely was taking it all the way in. (I smoke/vape, so I'm used to it.)
Ah, well, it's good to hear it's not just me. Any idea what could have caused the headache, though? I'm definitely going to try it again when I get a chance, but that headache sucked.

This is a few days old but I just thought I would pop in to say that first yeah 3 drags is very little. Try smoking a bowl or have a joint to your self and you'll definitly feel it. As for the headache though that could just be the body high. Weed often causes a sense of pressure behind the eyes, in the temple. when you get used to it and realise it's just the drug you can take your mind of it but when I first smoked I also thought I had a headache which caused me to focus on the sensation and then that causes it to become more intense. I did smoke too much my first time though with no prior drug experience and actually thought my head was gonna explode.