• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos First time using Xanax... What dosage & any suggestions?

niightfeelings

Greenlighter
Just picked up 2mg Xanax XR bars... I'm completely clueless on the dosage, etc. How much of a 2mg bar should I take for my first time? I wanna get pretty messed up without being high for hours and hours and hours, if that makes any sense... Any tips and suggestions would be great as well. Thanks!

Benzos are easily one of the worst classes of drug you could abuse. I would flush them and get some cannabis instead.

Also, dosage questions typically go in Basic Drug Discussion, and we don't help people get high. We're really focused on harm reduction. The best harm reduction advice I can give you is to not abuse benzos for fun. It's not worth it

Sorry to be harsh btw. GABAergic drugs like benzos are just a particularly insidious drug to become addicted to, and they're not as fun or euphoric as many safer drugs.

Like you were already told, getting into benzos is a bad idea unless you actually have a legitimate medical reason. I'm a bit of a hypocrite about this but nowadays I try to take just what I'm prescribed and no more but taking benzos for any reason is playing with fire. Not trying to scare you or anything but I would advise you to read some of the many personal accounts of benzo addiction and withdrawal before using any, I just think it's better for you to know ahead of time. There's also the chance of blacking out and doing some really dumb shit.

If you do choose to take them anyway I would advise 0.5mg(MAX) for the first time (might could even get by with 0.25mg if it's your first time.) Avoid alcohol, opioids and any other CNS depressants after taking them, obviously don't attempt to drive while under the influence, and eat them or put them under your tongue instead of trying to snort or shoot them because snorting, shooting (or God forbid smoking) are wasteful as well as dangerous ROAs.

If you take it or anything else in the near future have fun, and stay safe!

I concur that 0.5 mg would likely give you a good idea of what benzo intoxication is like without giving you any noticeable long term effects.

For me, finding an enjoyable benzo experience was all about taking them at the right time of day. I basically have to take them later at night, when going to bed would be acceptable within a few hours after dosing. If taken too early in the day, benzos can really mess up your schedule, leaving you especially confused/disoriented.

My favorite part of benzos when taken later at night is the afterglow in the morning. I'm a pretty anxious person and have a prescription, so I always enjoy the relaxed feeling that I can carry with me the next day (if I can get out of bed, that is).

Benzos are easily one of the worst classes of drug you could abuse. I would flush them and get some cannabis instead.
Agreed. Benzos are a shitty drug. I've tried them before a couple of times, but the experience was so lackluster I don't even remember anything about how much I took or anything. Frankly, I wouldn't even use the word high to describe the effects, since there is little to no euphoria. It's really more like being drunk than being high honestly and not even drunk in an enjoyable way, just more of a slowed down, medicated feeling drunken feeling. Really, the primary effect I experienced from the pills was the feeling that I wasted my money on them. Despite the fact that there is literally zero euphoria from the stuff, the withdrawal for people who use them frequently is truly a living hell from what I have heard. Worse than just about any other drug on the face of the Earth, and people often wind up in the hospital from withdrawing from the stuff.