• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time using Tramadol need advice for dosing

TheHatter

Greenlighter
Hi, this is my first post on blue light so I hope it's in the right forum. I tried using the search engine to find an answer but I couldn't really find any posts directly pertaining to my question.

Anyways, I got ahold of some Tramadol 50mg and I've been saving them for the right occasion to try them out for the first time. I have a mild opiate tolerance and have been using kratom daily for about 3 months. I've read that 150mg is a good starting dose for someone who hasn't tried Tramadol before but I have a limited amount and don't want to waste them. I also am concerned about the lowering of the seizure threshold. I have never had or been prone to them, but I have family members who are.

Am I safe to take Tramadol? If so, what dose would be recomnded? As I mentioned earlier I have a small opiate tolerance. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I would wait till a day that you haven't had any kratom before taking them and I would agree that 150mg is a safe starting dose. I had a seizure the first time I took them but I had 400mg in one dose and I was coming off valium at the time so my seizure threshold would have been low. If you think you might take a seizure from this then try and get a couple of gabapentin or pregablin as they would stop seizures and they synergies great. If not get a valium.

Dosing Tramadol (Ultram) is pretty straightforward my friend. 150mg is indeed probably a good starting dose, but if that doesn't work, you can at most double that dose to 300mg. You can't go any higher, as if you do, there is a pretty serious risk of seizures.

I might be able to get my hands on some gabapentin. How much would you recommend I take?

If it was me I would go for 900-1200mg. Take them about 90mins before the tramadol and they go very well together. Plus it should stop any seizures. I never take tramadol on their own but a medium dose of gabapentin and tramadol goes great together.

Don't take more than the 300 mg! Also people have died combining kratom and tramadol. Also there's a very good chance that gabapentin will do nothing to prevent seizures and/or seratonin syndrome after taking too much tramadol.

Your best bet is to stagger your doses 30-60 minutes apart until you reach 150 mg. 900 mg is a great way to wake up in the hospital (if you're lucky). Keep in mind that tramadol is a prodrug for it's much more potent demethylated derivative, so it will take around 3 hrs for you to feel peak effects. Honestly, kratom is a much stronger opioid than tramadol, so you probably wont feel much outside if the SNRI effects which basically makes it an antidepressant.

Stick to kratom IMO.

Don't take more than the 300 mg! Also people have died combining kratom and tramadol. Also there's a very good chance that gabapentin will do nothing to prevent seizures and/or seratonin syndrome after taking too much tramadol.

Your best bet is to stagger your doses 30-60 minutes apart until you reach 150 mg. 900 mg is a great way to wake up in the hospital (if you're lucky). Keep in mind that tramadol is a prodrug for it's much more potent demethylated derivative, so it will take around 3 hrs for you to feel peak effects. Honestly, kratom is a much stronger opioid than tramadol, so you probably wont feel much outside if the SNRI effects which basically makes it an antidepressant.
I
Stick to kratom IMO.

I said 900mg of gabapentin with the 150mg of tramadol. If he doesn't take kratom then he shouldn't get serotonin syndrome. Remember gabapentin is used to stop seizures he would be less likely to have a seizure and the high is much better.

Last edited:
I said 900mg of gabapentin with the 150mg of tramadol. If he doesn't take kratom then he shouldn't get serotonin syndrome. Remember gabapentin is used to stop seizures he would be less likely to have a seizure and the high is much better. Maybe he just wants to try a different high haven't you ever looked for a new high??

That sounds more reasonable. Your post just read differently to me. 900+ mg of gabapentin might be alot of OP isnt tolerant, but ya 150 mg is probably fine.

Seriously though, if the goal is to just try nother high, kava would be much better. Alot of people get strong synergy with kratom, and its waaaayyyy safer than tramadol as long as it isn't taken with other drugs that are hard on the liver. I just dont think OP is going to feel opiated from the trams since he already takes kratom every day, and all the potential, shitty side effects from trams prob arent worth it for an SNRI

Yeah mate, I agree on that. I had a fit the first time I took tramadol which is why I would tell anyone that was going to use it to take an anti seizure med. I don't usually take tramadol but have used the 200mg slow release tablets with gabapentin a couple of times but there wasn't much else on the go.

I also agree that kratom is a better high but if he wants to take the tramadol then let's hope he does it safely.

Last edited:
Yeah, I mainly am just curious to see how it feels compared to other opioids. I already should have a slight tolerance to the gabapentin as i take phenibut about 3 times a week on average, so i will try the 150mg of Tramadol with 1200mg of gabapentin within the next couple of days and post how it went on this thread. Any other advice in the mean time would be great, thanks guys.

Yeah mate, I agree on that. I had a fit the first time I took tramadol which is why I would tell anyone that was going to use it to take an anti seizure med. I don't usually take tramadol but have used the 200mg slow release tablets with gabapentin a couple of times but I was in jail at the time so there wasn't much else on the go.

I also agree that kratom is a better high but if he wants to take the tramadol then let's hope he does it safely.

That was my bad. I thought you were trying to tell someone to drop a gram of tramadol and that its okay as long as you take some gabapentin lol.

Tramadol isn't a opiate, so don't go in expecting that euphoria from it.. All it ever does is make my heart race personally. I have a bottle I keep around the house though, there great for amphetamine headaches, but that's about it too me

Tramadol isn't a opiate, so don't go in expecting that euphoria from it.. All it ever does is make my heart race personally. I have a bottle I keep around the house though, there great for amphetamine headaches, but that's about it too me

huh? yeah tramadol isn't a opiate, its an (synthetic)opioid so it works on the same receptors in the brain.
opioids can be extremely recreation and potent i.e.: oxy, hydro, fent

lots of people don't like tramadol's high but others absolutely love it, your experience is subjective

huh? yeah tramadol isn't a opiate, its an (synthetic)opioid so it works on the same receptors in the brain.
opioids can be extremely recreation and potent i.e.: oxy, hydro, fent

lots of people don't like tramadol's high but others absolutely love it, your experience is subjective
Lol that's what im saying, it's not a true opiate, but a synthetic..too me the euphorias can be different. I don't wanna see somebody hear that tramadol is an Ope and start popping them like crazy hoping it's gonna feel like morphine if they take enough.. Of course everyone's experience is subjective, tramadol should never be mixed with a Stim but help me through a comedown. There's a reason I put the word personally in my post.