• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

First Time Using Heroin A Few Questions

Biak12345

Greenlighter
Hi so I'm tempted to try heroin, in all honesty I dont think I will, but, I wanted some info just incase.
How much is reccomended for a first time dose? I dont want a full on nod, just a small one
Are there ways to further purify it? (Ive heard its about 5 to 10% pure where I live)
Whats the best form of ingestion besides injecting? And as I have an addictive personality and these are opiates we're talking about, are there any tips on avoiding dependence? I know theres probably not but i thought id ask anyway, thanks for any help

If you have and addictive personality you should not do H it is very addictive. Snort it if possible take 1-2 small bumps first time dose to try it out, another 1 or 2 if you don't feel it by 15 minutes

Please don't IV your first time. Not only are you risking your life, it's a bad way to start H. IMO.

It's so hard to tell someone what to dose because ALL our bodies are different. However if you are going to use, be safe!

Make sure you have a sitter .. a friend who you trust to call 911 if things go bad. Try a tiny bump nasally. Do you have any opiate tolerance at all? My 1st time with a oxycodone habit was a tiny bump of H. Don't redose! See how you feel off that tiny bump. Don't mix alcohol or benzos, please.

I think you've answered your own question... addictive personality and heroin? Not a good combo. And please don't IV your first time, go for the nasal route.

Also there is a lot of fentanyl going around, don't be surprised if this is in your heroin.

You should have a buddy with a naloxone kit nearby.

Read the "should I try heroin megathread".. You should not try heroin. Everyone that has posted has made valid points.

With all the fent out there it's impossible to give you a dose, batches can vary dramatically in potency. If you're dead set on trying hard opiates, try poppy tea. It's not very safe either and it's also impossible to know your dosage, but at least you won't die from one sip. I agree that you should have a friend with a naloxone kit with you the whole time if you do either of these. Please don't IV just to try heroin though, literally not a single person on this website will tell you that it's a good decision. If you don't have a tolerance, and especially if you're on the east coast, do not do street heroin without someone with you at all times. Seriously. It's not just a scare tactic, people die from ODs all the time, I live in a heroin town and you kind of get numb to it after a while. It's fucked up.

How much is reccomended for a first time dose? I dont want a full on nod, just a small one
if you have pure stuff 5-10mg should be more than enough. But with the heroin cut with fentanyl it's even harder to say, as even 0.5mg of fentanyl can get you more than high.

Are there ways to further purify it?
Not that I know of

Whats the best form of ingestion besides injecting?
Snorting or smoking

are there any tips on avoiding dependence?
Besides don't take it at all, only buy a small amount and get rid of the connection

Everyone that posted is pretty much right. I remember my first time doing H and I was previously a person to I.Ved meth. But my first time with H I snorted it. And that did the job just fine. I probably did more then a bump which I can't say was a good idea, because I of course found out later how sick the stuff makes you. You can't drink anything with out throwing it up. And it's not like the stomach flu kind of puking either, it's the kind you don't know when it's coming. I also have an addictive personality, but like I said I was a meth addict, and H or any opiates for that matter just weren't that addicting FOR ME THAT IS... But if I couldn't get my uppers then I would do the downers.

I think you've answered your own question... addictive personality and heroin? Not a good combo. And please don't IV your first time, go for the nasal route.

Also there is a lot of fentanyl going around, don't be surprised if this is in your heroin.

You should have a buddy with a naloxone kit nearby.

Be Careful and also be prepared if you do like it as you'll have a job keeping on top of it, not it on top of you, and like 'starting over' says, make sure you're NOT alone the first few times.
Most victims of Opiates, which you will become if not already, would say that they honestly rue the day they started them. Good luck and keep us posted how it went :)

How much is reccomended for a first time dose?

none.
but all jokes aside we need to know your opiate tolerance before anyone can say anything on that one

Are there ways to further purify it? (Ive heard its about 5 to 10% pure where I live)

wherabouts do you live? there's diff types of H in diff areas.

Whats the best form of ingestion besides injecting?

depending on where you live it could be smoking, could be snorting - perhaps plugging. we really need more info.

And as I have an addictive personality and these are opiates we're talking about, are there any tips on avoiding dependence? I know theres probably not but i thought id ask anyway, thanks for any help

listen man i don't mean to be a dick but you sound about as green as it gets, and thats a great thing. there's no tips really, every one someone comes up with they eventually break - please think twice before going down this lonely path.