View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First time trying mescaline, v dissapointed

washingtonbound

Bluelighter
Hi all, I wanted to share this post with anyone who has considered buying mescaline off the darkweb. Recently I ate 47 capsules (30g) of mescaline, which equates to around 300mg. Upon researching on erowid I found this was a medium to high dose so I figured it should be enough. Anyway, after about three hours I became violently ill and vomited up all the mescaline along with my breakfast. I have heard people refer to this as "the purge," but I must say I felt no reduction in negative energy afterwards. I proceeded to feel like I was getting "headfucked," although I'm not sure exactly how to put my finger on it. There were no visuals, nothing spiritual or enlightening, just this feeling that I took something I shouldn't have. After about 4 and a half hours I smoked some weed and hot damn I started to trip. The best way I can describe it is I saw a silhouette of my face smiling and looking back at me in a fractal formation. I could not shake this image from my mind as every where I looked there was my face. I have seen this on lsd ou before but without the fractals. This trip really started to go strong after this point and I saw the fractals everywhere. So picture the only visuals you see during an entire trip being your face staring back at you. There was no enlightenment, positive feelings, etc.

I also want to mention that I have used DMT and 2c-b with minimal effects. Could just be me or possibly bad product. Anyway, that's just my two cents.

you mentioned that you experienced minimal effects from those other substances too, are you by any chance on any medication? certain medication will for the most part block the effects of psychedelics

Seems to me the vomiting just negatively affected the trip for you, causing the experience to unfold as it did. You could try an extract to see if it helps with the nausea, though if you decide to hold off from the chemical I would definitely understand.

Also 300mg is not that strong of a dose. My first dose was about 550mg of decent purity mescaline, it was a yellowish glistening off white HCl salt. I extracted and it was a good experience but not as psychedelic as when I do L so even my dose had few visuals in a sense with little psychedelic head space. It was a very mild yet awesome experience definitely go into this thinking it wont be like anything you have done before.

I also experience zero nausea with the extracted mescaline until it had been all day and i was literally starving but still tripping too much to eat.

Currently I take lamictal 25mg and strattera 100mg. I was on vraylar, which is bi polar medication, but I quit using it for a solid two weeks before this trip. Idk what the fuckin problem is really, I don't think strattera (which is a norepinephrine inhibitor) would dampen my trip. But I'm not really concerned at this point cause I've taken enough psychedelics.

I see what you're saying. My mindset was certainly positive but my surroundings were not. At the time I was dealing with my mom and my aunt around the fuckin house which dampened the trip. Honestly I just sat in the corner and watched my face fractal up. Disappointing really.

Cacti are very inconsistent in mescaline content. There are many other alkaloïds in cacti as well, wich could have affected your trip negatively. Hordenine, carbolines. You just had bad luck i guess.

Yeah, mescaline is great at lower doses, but really shines at high dose IMO. Far more immersive with psychedelic features that stand up to the other classics.

WashingtonBound, my 2 centavos is that you seeing your face staring back at you could be extremely significant Have you considered that this was a powerful message meant for you to interpret and gain some insight from? IME, bad trips are very often the most insightful.

probably a result of set and setting and too low a dose. i had a similar experience with extracted pedro.

Yea I have put some thought into that. I would try to interpret it differently but I have seen the same thing on LSD and there's nothing really great about it. Idk how a smiling silhouette of my self is significant in any way, but w/e.

^ I had a somewhat similar experience of "seeing" myself smiling back at me that felt very significant. I later also found that to eerily mirror some descriptions from the tibetan book of the dead. Of course the experience can have only as much significance, as you are willing to give to it. ;)