• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

First time trying MDMA (sold to me as 'Molly') -- What did I do wrong?

Mayo_Tree

Bluelighter
Having aquired a few capsules of 'Molly' (plug claims it's straight MDMA, although he's not absolutely certain), I decided to try it today for the first time.

Being that it was my first time, I thought it best to be extra safe about it. Perhaps I even played it too safe, because I can't be sure I felt anything really.
Here's what I did:

I opened the capsule, and dumped out the contents onto a plate. The substance was invitingly crystalline, a rather beautiful sight to see, I instantly wanted to sniff a bump of it.
But I didn't...

I thought about taking half of it, but then decided I'd be even more careful, and (taking my wife's advice) separated it into thirds: 3 bumps, in relatively equal size.
Now, I don't normally mess around with 'parachutes,' I usually either pop, sniff, or both. I decided to eat it, so I just wet my finger-tip and put a bump on my finger, put it on my tongue, and washed it down with carbonated water. Figured I'd see what that might do before trying any more.

After about an hour, I didn't feel much of anything, I decided to take another bump in the same manner. My wife and I went into the next town to run some errands, and while I couldn't swear that I felt anything, I also couldn't swear that I didn't. I checked my pulse several times, and it seemed normal enough, not elevated. No pupil dilation.

We came home within two hours, and I took the last bump (in the same way) about 30-45min ago. I still can't say I feel much of an effect, although it's possible that there is some, just barely detectable on the periphery.

Did I take it right? Was I too safe? Should I have snorted it, or ate half of it instead? Did I screw it up somehow by just licking it off my finger-tip, and washing it down?

I have 2 capsules left, with the possibility of getting more (theoretically; what I mean is, it's available).

Anyone have any info or feedback? Is this a good discussion topic? lol....

Cheers to you all, and best wishes,
-Mayo.

Last edited:
Did I take it right? Was I too safe? Should I have snorted it, or ate half of it instead? Did I screw it up somehow by just licking it off my finger-tip, and washing it down?
Considering that you weren't sure it was MDMA or how much MDMA was in the capsule it sounds like you did the safest thing taking it bit by bit. Better to do that than take too much MDMA or too much of some dodgy research chemical.

It's possible the capsule was MDMA but dosed low so that three doses spaced out didn't really register, no one can tell you if it was MDMA though.

Next time the best thing would be to buy a reagent test kit, even if it is just Marquis you'll be able to get a good idea if you have MDMA or not. Ideally get a mg scale so you know how much you are taking as well.

Also sounds like your dealer is shit, they should know for sure what they are selling.

Capsules are often 100mg. If you split that in 3 then yea you were taking some pretty low doses. 100mg in one go should be the standard. Better safe than sorry, you always got a couple weeks from now to try again.

I also have to second the shadiness of the dealer, if they aren’t confident in their product that’s a really bad sign.. People that sell good product talk about it like it’s the best you’ve ever had (even though it likely ain’t but at least shows they think it’s good.)

Get yourself a test kit and scale to sort all this out.

-GC

Thanks guys, I appreciate your responses and advice, I'll look into those (especially a reagent test kit).

As for my dealer, well.... he has the one quality that one wants best (or at least I do) in a dealer: reliability. I hate dealers who only want to sell when they "feel like it," ya know? This guy has consitently come through for me when I needed him, on multiple occasions, so I got his back. ;) But, he's also rather young, so while he does his best to know his product, he's only human, right? Anyways, he called it both "MDMA" and 'Molly,' but when I asked him more detail, he said it was "sedating," which I found odd. Again, he's young, what does he know? Haha...

But he and several of his friends have tried it a bunch of times apparently, and they seem confident it's MDMA. Just how pure it is, one can only speculate, but as I mentioned, it was full of lovely crystals. I'm so tempted to snort it, you have no idea (I'm hardly the only one who has that reaction, am I? lol).

@G_Chem Your comment on dosage intervals sounds about right. Definitely better safe than sorry! Having never done it before, I could only remember the story of that girl (probably more than one, tbh) that died from one hit of 'Ecstasy,' so it's always in the back of my mind.

What should I do next time I try it, like, try taking it in two halves? Or just dose the whole capsule? I know I've read that I should wait a month before doing it again, but.... I'm not sure if that is likely. Then again, I'm not a total idiot (I think, maybe), given the right info I can certainly be persuaded in a more intelligent direction (possibly).

I’ve always been of the mindset, if you didn’t roll there’s no reason to really wait all that long. Obviously this is talking about complete dud experiences, and still smart to wait a couple weeks just to be safe.

Since you’re new to MDMA, here’s a thread to give you helpful information to use it safely. It’s in regards to avoiding permanent MDMA tolerance but that’s part of how you know you’re using it safely.

https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/gc’s-guide-to-not-losing-the-magic.910721/

-GC

Thanks guys, I appreciate your responses and advice, I'll look into those (especially a reagent test kit).

As for my dealer, well.... he has the one quality that one wants best (or at least I do) in a dealer: reliability. I hate dealers who only want to sell when they "feel like it," ya know? This guy has consitently come through for me when I needed him, on multiple occasions, so I got his back. ;) But, he's also rather young, so while he does his best to know his product, he's only human, right? Anyways, he called it both "MDMA" and 'Molly,' but when I asked him more detail, he said it was "sedating," which I found odd. Again, he's young, what does he know? Haha...

But he and several of his friends have tried it a bunch of times apparently, and they seem confident it's MDMA. Just how pure it is, one can only speculate, but as I mentioned, it was full of lovely crystals. I'm so tempted to snort it, you have no idea (I'm hardly the only one who has that reaction, am I? lol).

@G_Chem Your comment on dosage intervals sounds about right. Definitely better safe than sorry! Having never done it before, I could only remember the story of that girl (probably more than one, tbh) that died from one hit of 'Ecstasy,' so it's always in the back of my mind.

What should I do next time I try it, like, try taking it in two halves? Or just dose the whole capsule? I know I've read that I should wait a month before doing it again, but.... I'm not sure if that is likely. Then again, I'm not a total idiot (I think, maybe), given the right info I can certainly be persuaded in a more intelligent direction (possibly).

To answer your question though, I honestly wouldn’t personally proceed without getting at least a scale to weigh your doses. Preferably also a test kit. I’ve watched people have really nasty reactions to stuff they refused to test, so I urge you to at least consider it.

-GC

To answer your question though, I honestly wouldn’t personally proceed without getting at least a scale to weigh your doses. Preferably also a test kit. I’ve watched people have really nasty reactions to stuff they refused to test, so I urge you to at least consider it.

-GC
Thanks, I will consider it. Actually, I'll consider both, but especially the test kit. As for a scale, it may come in handy, but I'm also not entirely sure how often I'll need to use it. I'll think about it though, and check out where they might be available.

Also, thanks for the thread, checking it out now. :)

he called it both "MDMA" and 'Molly,'
Molly or Ecstacy are often used to describe MDMA but also sometimes things that are like MDMA but not.

You could ask your dealer how much is in the capsules if he is the one weighing out the doses, he might lie though.

You can get a scale good enough for MDMA for £20, a lot of people would say if you can afford to buy drugs you can afford to buy a scale and test kit.

I have taken pills that I don't know the dose of and I have bought crystal MDMA, weighed and tested it and chosen a dose appropriate for me and its way better the second way. Also makes it possible to get the same dose next time around, so you can better recreate a good experience.

Yea considering that 50$ could literally save your life, it’s not a hard decision. But at the end of the day I understand people will do what they do.

I’ve watched people literally drop dead right in front of me from bad pills. A guy had a heart attack the balcony right below us once at a venue and I saw him fall. I’ve seen my friends have the batch tested in front of them, refuse to accept the loss and eat it anyways only to walk away with lasting issues.

MDMA is incredibly safe, it becomes unsafe when incorrect doses or something other than MDMA is consumed.

-GC

Having aquired a few capsules of 'Molly' (plug claims it's straight MDMA, although he's not absolutely certain), I decided to try it today for the first time.

Being that it was my first time, I thought it best to be extra safe about it. Perhaps I even played it too safe, because I can't be sure I felt anything really.
Here's what I did:

I opened the capsule, and dumped out the contents onto a plate. The substance was invitingly crystalline, a rather beautiful sight to see, I instantly wanted to sniff a bump of it.
But I didn't...

I thought about taking half of it, but then decided I'd be even more careful, and (taking my wife's advice) separated it into thirds: 3 bumps, in relatively equal size.
Now, I don't normally mess around with 'parachutes,' I usually either pop, sniff, or both. I decided to eat it, so I just wet my finger-tip and put a bump on my finger, put it on my tongue, and washed it down with carbonated water. Figured I'd see what that might do before trying any more.

After about an hour, I didn't feel much of anything, I decided to take another bump in the same manner. My wife and I went into the next town to run some errands, and while I couldn't swear that I felt anything, I also couldn't swear that I didn't. I checked my pulse several times, and it seemed normal enough, not elevated. No pupil dilation.

We came home within two hours, and I took the last bump (in the same way) about 30-45min ago. I still can't say I feel much of an effect, although it's possible that there is some, just barely detectable on the periphery.

I have 2 capsules left, with the possibility of getting more (theoretically; what I mean is, it's available).

Anyone have any info or feedback? Is this a good discussion topic? lol....

Cheers to you all, and best wishes,
-Mayo.
Did you have an empty stomach? I'd have it near empty when trying it so it doesn't take long to hit you.

I made mistake of having a pizza and it took ages to kick in. In the meantime I tried more and of course ended up out my face. Adding alcohol wasn't a good idea either

Last edited:
If it didn't worked as expected you should be carefull when you want to higher your dose. Can be mixed with something you dont want. Spend some $ on testkits, know the contents, and weight your dose.

Molly or Ecstacy are often used to describe MDMA but also sometimes things that are like MDMA but not.

You could ask your dealer how much is in the capsules if he is the one weighing out the doses, he might lie though.

You can get a scale good enough for MDMA for £20, a lot of people would say if you can afford to buy drugs you can afford to buy a scale and test kit.

I have taken pills that I don't know the dose of and I have bought crystal MDMA, weighed and tested it and chosen a dose appropriate for me and its way better the second way. Also makes it possible to get the same dose next time around, so you can better recreate a good experience.
My dealer probably would tell me actually, he's pretty open with me. If he even knew himself, that is.

Don't worry, I'm keping all that info about scales and test-kits in the back of my mind. I'll check around for them next time we're out and about, there's a few shops that might sell them.

Yea considering that 50$ could literally save your life, it’s not a hard decision. But at the end of the day I understand people will do what they do.

I’ve watched people literally drop dead right in front of me from bad pills. A guy had a heart attack the balcony right below us once at a venue and I saw him fall. I’ve seen my friends have the batch tested in front of them, refuse to accept the loss and eat it anyways only to walk away with lasting issues.

MDMA is incredibly safe, it becomes unsafe when incorrect doses or something other than MDMA is consumed.

-GC
Dang, that is some scary stuff! At very least, I know a bunch of them have already taken it several times, so it should be fine I would think. I'm still wary of it, tbh.

Did you have an empty stomach? I'd have it near empty when trying it so it doesn't take long to hit you.

I made mistake of having a pizza and it took ages to kick in. In the meantime I tried more and of course ended up out my face. Adding alcohol wasn't a good idea either
I did have an empty stomach, yeah. I dosed it right in the morning, before breakfast. I think I just didn't take enough for it to be noticeable.

Yeah, adding alcohol can be problematic with just about everything. Gotta be careful. ;) Stay safe. <3

UPDATE: A few nights ago, after having taken speed all day and pulled an all-nighter, at the end of the 2nd evening I was out of speed, crashing, and wanting to A.) stay awake in order to go to bed at a decent hour, and B.) alleviate my exacerbated anxiety, caused by the speed (and sleep-deprivation) no doubt. It wasn't full-blown panic, otherwise I had a couple benzos at my disposal. Thing is, I'm trying to minimize my benzo dose to half-a-pill, both because I'm trying to eventually get off them, and by only taking half I can save some up in case I really need them during a crisis.

I decided I'd try some of this "molly" again, or whatever it is, and so I emptied the contents of a capsule and crushed up the crystals, deciding to snort it. I made 4 equal-size bumps and took it over the course of an hour. After a while, I noticed that I did feel something. It felt almost like a dissociative, which made me wonder if it was actually Ketamine! Curious now, and wanting to feel the effects a bit more (it didn't seem that strong), I emptied a 2nd capsule and separated it into another 4 bumps, which I took over the course of another hour.

No fast heart-rate, nor effects I'd read about associated with MDMA (such as empathy, increased tactile sensation, etc.). In fact, my pulse was slower, and my anxiety totally subsided! I don't know what it was, but it helped me feel better. My pupils got huge also. Besides the dilated pupils, the only other thing that matched reports of sniffing MDMA was blood in the sinuses the next day, when I blew my nose.

I acquired 4 more of the capsules the next day. Unfortunately, I have not been able to acquire a testing kit, so I still don't know what it is exactly. Stupid maybe, but based on the last experience, I assume it's something a bit more anxiolytic. When I bought them, my dealer did tell me that "they're more sedating," which is why I got them in the first place. Sounded interesting, and kind of what I was looking for.

Today I've been taking speed again, and here I find myself at 4am feeling the anxiety. Tbh, I've been fighting it off all day, thinking about taking benzos all day. Instead, I decided to try another of these capsules, this time orally, full dose at once. I'm hoping that it will help my anxiety subside again, and that (since taken orally) it will last longer, but since it's a full dose, I admit I'm not sure what to expect exactly.

If things get out of hand, I have a couple benzos still, which I'll plan on using in the event that my heart rate goes up too much or something, or a full panic attack is triggered. Since it's possibly even a downer, I'll monitor my heart-rate to make sure I'm not heaping downers on downers. If I don't need the benzos, I won't take any, or I'll just take a half later on (to keep withdrawals away).

Another possibly stupid thing, is that I'm sort of here alone, my wife having gone to her parents for a couple days. Normally, I would've waited until she was there to watch me (just in case), but considering the last experience with it, I thought I'd give it a shot.

If anyone out there is the praying type, please mention me to the Divine above. Thank you.

When I sniffed it the other day, it was very enjoyable and pleasant. Sort of gave a "heaviness" in the head area, and almost double-vision like with DXM. Again, very dissociative-like. I remember seeing my huge pupils and saying "Whoa, I hope I didn't actually take too much!" My wife didn't think that I had, as I often take bigger doses of things than most people. After a few hours, it seemed like it may have been wearing off, which is another reason I chose to take it orally tonight (er.... this morning).

Please wish me luck, say a prayer, and be gentle with me if you want to yell at me for being an idiot. You still can, it's just.... I'm sensitive. ;)
I'll intend on leaving an update to this update in a while, so as not to worry anyone too much, Lord willing.

All the best,
-Mayo.

Last edited:
2nd UPDATE (Later): So, the mystery capsule kicked in maybe 30min after my last post. It's pretty much gone now. Wtf?! It's good, it took my anxiety away, but didn't last very long. Pupils are still a bit dilated as of now, but effects are fading fast. Hoping it will keep the anxiety away, and I just took more speed (doh!!). I'm not taking much speed at a time mind you, just a quarter at a time, orally. Amounts to a small piece every hour or two, on average. When I feel like I'm "crashy," I pop another piece.

Anyway, I guess I'll experiment with whatever this stuff is. If the anxiety comes back, maybe I'll try taking another one or something. Dunno, I'll think about it.

I know that without a reagent test there's no way of knowing for sure what it is, but does anyone have any guesses? It's definitely not 2c-b. I used 2c-b quite a bit back in 2012, and this feels nothing like that. Plus, 2c-b lasted way longer (and even that, I thought it was short at the time; I had to pop 2 at once, then another every hour for a couple hours, maybe three..... after that, I was buzzy! lol).

Be well, everyone. Cheers.

Sounds a lot like K. Which means your getting ripped off hard cuz K is much cheaper than MDMA typically. It might be. cut to hell K. Hard to say in the end without a test kit, anything is pure speculation.

-GC

Sounds a lot like K. Which means your getting ripped off hard cuz K is much cheaper than MDMA typically. It might be. cut to hell K. Hard to say in the end without a test kit, anything is pure speculation.

-GC
I hear ya. Actually, if it was K, the price would still be reasonable imo, at least for these parts. Ketamine rarely makes an appearance around here that I know of, so at $10 per capsule, it wouldn't be so bad. Now, I have no idea compared to other places where it's more prevalent.

The short duration would also be reminiscent of K. That's pretty much what I didn't like about it, lol. "The buzz is good, why it's gotta go away so soon?" xD

But without a test, it's pure speculation, I agree. But, at least for now, in a pinch I guess I've got something to calm me down when the anxiety gets too scratchy. And that is something which is quite welcome. If only it lasted longer!

Gotta take 20. :LOL: (jk) ;)