View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First time trying DMT

PandaParty56

Greenlighter
I'm still new when it comes to psychedelic drugs. I've only done mushrooms about two times. I loved both trips, amazing experiences where I felt truly connected with my mind. Now I want to try DMT. I am aware it is a short and intense trip. But what about it is significantly different compared to mushrooms? I know that everyone experiences psychedelics differently but I'd like to see what you guys experience to maybe get an understanding of what to truly prepare for :)

Mushrooms and DMT have some similarities but DMT is much different. First of all it's MANY TIMES more intense than mushrooms, it's one of the most intense things you can experience. It hits you basically instantly too, the come-up takes just seconds. It can feel pretty overwhelming at first, but if you "break through" it's generally reported to be peaceful and loving, though people can have frightening experiences too. This requires vaporizing enough of it. I actually really enjoy low (10-15mg) doses too, they don't remove you from reality and can be quite beautiful. Very short though.

DMT is good stuff. I prefer mushrooms myself but it's partly because for some reason I have never been able to break through with DMT.

Yeah i was thinking of trying DMT too and actually wondering whether there is a simularity to nitrous oxide as a few people hav reported this. Is this just in low doses or wht?

There's very little similarity at any stage other than the fact that nitrous is also blindingly intense. DMT is a totally different drug.

both have near-overwhelming auditory hallucinations, and hit you within seconds. those are the only similarity for the two.
a dmt vision is realer than real. to the point its not even possible.
Pure strangeness. Sedating. Rollercoster. Loops. Entities. Eyes. Rocketship to another realm that occupies all space but no time..

its very easy to forget that you just smoked dmt.

I don't feel them similar at all, the mushrooms trip is more like a psychedelic journey, more introspective than visual for me. High doses of shrooms are a little more like DMT, you get a feeling of dissociation and the trip is mostly in your head, you don't need to move too much.

DMT is extremely intense (in a good way), yo take it and let the trip guide you, the normal world cease to exist and you find yourself in a very extrange place full with all kind of visuals you won't ever imagine, but you can't do anything, just observe. Then you go back to the normal world as if you were sober, but with a beautiful afterglow.

That's just my experience of course.