• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos First time trying diazepam.. Doesn't seem to do much?

moonyham

Bluelighter
I got 25mg of diazepam in 5mg pills. I have no doubt they are real. I smoke a lot of weed every day and did 5mg orally followed by another 5mg an hour or so later. Can't say I really noticed anything.

Next day I took 15mg, sublingually, 5mg every 20min or so. I felt.. Relaxed. Not enough to say oh yeah I'm definitely on something right now like 40mg of morphine might do. I chilled for about an hour just playing games and reading. Again, felt slightly relaxed but I smoke a lot of weed and couldn't differentiate really. However I did the fall asleep for a few hours. Woke up feeling normal but relaxed. I was already kinda tired and having an afternoon nap isn't uncommon for me though.

Is diazepam just not effective for some people? I always thought the effects would be more drastic. It really wasn't much different than drinking 2 or 3 beers.

I'm a pretty chill person in general, so maybe it just isn't very noticeable but I was expecting my body to feel different?

I don't take any other drugs daily. I took 50mg of Ritalin 4 days ago but besides that nothing lately.

I bought these as I heard benzos can be good if you are tripping too hard. I don't see for a minute how it would help me out of intense trip with how mild the effects seem to be. I'd need to consume 25mg+ just to get started by the feels of it which doesn't seem right but I don't know enough about benzos as I've never tried them.

Does weed tolerance fuck with benzos? My brain just fucked? Do I need to just take way more? Is this just how diazepam is and people are just easily impressed by shit drugs lol?

I have a lot of experience with many different benzos and Diazepam is in my top 5 absolute favorites.
Benzos are notorious for creating delusions of sobriety.
In that, you are probably more fucked up on them than you are able to realize while on them.
There have been many times when I took stupid doses of benzos and was completely convinced I was 99% sober only for my wife to tell me how ridiculous I was acting before bed .
If you suffer from anxiety and or depression then benzos can be VERY euphoric but it's really the sudden cessation of the anxiety or depression that feels so good which is pretty different than the euphoria I imagine people feel from heroin or meth (never tried those kinds of drugs).
But even for someone like me with moderate ro high benzo tolorance I can definitely feel 30mg of Diazepam and it's a VERY nice feeling subjectively for me.
But everyone is different and although I'm a chronic pain sufferer I don't like opiates even when given to me at the hospital....they make me feel dysphoric and agitated which is truly atypical....so benzos just might not be for you and if you don't need them then that's awesome because benzo withdrawal is no joke....if you don't absolutely need them I would reccomend just leaving them alone.

I have a lot of experience with many different benzos and Diazepam is in my top 5 absolute favorites.
Benzos are notorious for creating delusions of sobriety.
In that, you are probably more fucked up on them than you are able to realize while on them.
There have been many times when I took stupid doses of benzos and was completely convinced I was 99% sober only for my wife to tell me how ridiculous I was acting before bed .
If you suffer from anxiety and or depression then benzos can be VERY euphoric but it's really the sudden cessation of the anxiety or depression that feels so good which is pretty different than the euphoria I imagine people feel from heroin or meth (never tried those kinds of drugs).
But even for someone like me with moderate ro high benzo tolorance I can definitely feel 30mg of Diazepam and it's a VERY nice feeling subjectively for me.
But everyone is different and although I'm a chronic pain sufferer I don't like opiates even when given to me at the hospital....they make me feel dysphoric and agitated which is truly atypical....so benzos just might not be for you and if you don't need them then that's awesome because benzo withdrawal is no joke....if you don't absolutely need them I would reccomend just leaving them alone.

Now that you mention it there was definitely delusions of sobriety. I know exactly what you mea mean. I guess I just expected more of a muscle relaxing 'floppy arms and jelly legs' kind of sensation and a bit of mind numbing but I didn't get either. I just felt slightly more chill than normal. Opiates are definitely way more relaxing and calmimg in my opinion. Like if I was in a frantic state I feel IV morphine would be the best way to chill me out.

I might get some more benzos but just to have for psychedelic usage as mentioned. Anything you'd suggest personally?

The first few times I took valium, I didn't get it either. Took way too much, like 30 to 35mg, and only felt slightly calmer, maybe slept a little easier. I actually used to give them away.

Then, I started noticing (usually when I woke up the following day) that I'd done all this stuff; painted a picture, wrote pages of ambitious thoughts and bright ideas and one night ventured into town for no fucking reason, bought all this stuff and had an excellent time.

Now, taking 5mg, I'm very aware of the relaxation, slow-motia, loss of inhibition and general sense of well-being that takes over.

..and I don't part with them so easily anymore. Xanax and Temazepam had more apparent effects from the first times I took them, but with benzos in general; it took a bit of time before I was tuned into the way they work, but once I got it, fuck.

Honestly count yourself lucky if you felt like they didn't do much for you and don't go chasing a high that might end up becoming a gorilla on your back. I'm prescribed diazepam 5mg twice daily for muscle spasms and anxiety/panic disorder and they are purely functional for me, I've never understood the hype. The 'high' i get from them is more a sense of relief when they start working to relieve the muscle tension or anxiety, the same 'high' i get from painkillers (and you better believe I've never gone looking to feel more in that area). There's been exactly one occasion that I've felt a good high and euphoria from benzos, off 1.5mg of xanax, and that was enough to tell me not to fuck around with it.

They are an essential in any trip kit and it's good you're around the idea of taking them sublingually as they come on so much quicker that way.

Does weed tolerance fuck with benzos? My brain just fucked? Do I need to just take way more? Is this just how diazepam is and people are just easily impressed by shit drugs lol?

I've got a feeling that yes it does. My friend in Perth is a gigantic stoner and he gets diazepam from a GP. He sells it. The other night he asked me something like "would 7 valium help with pain?" Well 7 is a lot even for me.

I know people who've taken half a 5mg diaz and been shocked by how sedating it is.

Honestly count yourself lucky if you felt like they didn't do much for you and don't go chasing a high that might end up becoming a gorilla on your back. I'm prescribed diazepam 5mg twice daily for muscle spasms and anxiety/panic disorder and they are purely functional for me, I've never understood the hype. The 'high' i get from them is more a sense of relief when they start working to relieve the muscle tension or anxiety, the same 'high' i get from painkillers (and you better believe I've never gone looking to feel more in that area). There's been exactly one occasion that I've felt a good high and euphoria from benzos, off 1.5mg of xanax, and that was enough to tell me not to fuck around with it.

They are an essential in any trip kit and it's good you're around the idea of taking them sublingually as they come on so much quicker that way.

Thanks for the input! And yeah I found out about sublingual after eating 2 hadn't done anything. I'm surprised i never heard of this in my research of using them for coming down off trips.

I've got a feeling that yes it does. My friend in Perth is a gigantic stoner and he gets diazepam from a GP. He sells it. The other night he asked me something like "would 7 valium help with pain?" Well 7 is a lot even for me.

I know people who've taken half a 5mg diaz and been shocked by how sedating it is.

Yeah I've smoked an ounce of really high quality stuff in the last week. The only reason I thought it would do more as years ago someone I knew who had just got out of rehab for alcohol had a bunch and gave me one and was real serious about how just the one would have me zonked out. I lost it so never tried it that time. But yeah he got quite an effect from just 5mg it seems although he was an emotional train wreck and cried a lot so maybe it's a bit in the mind.

Yeah I've smoked an ounce of really high quality stuff in the last week. The only reason I thought it would do more as years ago someone I knew who had just got out of rehab for alcohol had a bunch and gave me one and was real serious about how just the one would have me zonked out. I lost it so never tried it that time. But yeah he got quite an effect from just 5mg it seems although he was an emotional train wreck and cried a lot so maybe it's a bit in the mind.

4g a day? LOL.

Just for perspective on diazepam - there was a guy at AA one night who was an ex-heroin addict. He said if ever he was unable to get heroin he'd get a script for diazepam (50) and take the lot.

4g a day? LOL.

Just for perspective on diazepam - there was a guy at AA one night who was an ex-heroin addict. He said if ever he was unable to get heroin he'd get a script for diazepam (50) and take the lot.

Yeah I dunno if that's a lot of weed to you haha but it is for me. Usually it's more like half ounce a week of medium to high grade.

I am pretty resilient to opiates too which may be why I'm not that attracted to them. Smaller doses hospitals or doctors prescribe always need triple or more to actual get any real effect.

Then I have heard being a heavy weed smoker messed with opiates and you kinda have more tolerance but I don't know if that's true or why I'm quite resilient to them.

THC inhibits GABA which might explain that.

Personally I never liked diaz much. Takes 15-20mg for me to feel it, but it's one of my least favorite benzos.

Now that you mention it there was definitely delusions of sobriety. I know exactly what you mea mean. I guess I just expected more of a muscle relaxing 'floppy arms and jelly legs' kind of sensation and a bit of mind numbing but I didn't get either. I just felt slightly more chill than normal. Opiates are definitely way more relaxing and calmimg in my opinion. Like if I was in a frantic state I feel IV morphine would be the best way to chill me out.

I might get some more benzos but just to have for psychedelic usage as mentioned. Anything you'd suggest personally?
I only use benzos to combat insomnia....I don't really use them for recreation though...I often watch an episode of some TV show or movie with my wife before bed so I usually take my benzo of choice before we start watching whatever as I find with not all but most benzos it takes about an hour or so for me to noticeably feel drowsy so for a very short period before bed I do feel that benzo relaxation and sense of wellbeing but if I could just sleep like a normal person I would abandon all benzos in a heartbeat.
If I didn't absolutely need sonething to help me sleep I'd never take them....but from my point of view whats worse for my health taking a benzo a few nights a week to sleep or not sleeping at all fir a week or 2?
I can't really reccomend anything if diazepam is doing what you need I'm afraid....as I don't take them to try to feel good I'm just interested in getting enough sleep to do my job and look after my extremely ill mother.
Again, if you really don't absolutely need benzos then just stay clear of them....they will likely ruin you in time.