• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

First time to take ecstasy.

Ra5koh

Greenlighter
My sister has invited me to go to a rave with her and some of her friends and they will be rolling... My sister has done it many times, but when i ask her what I should expect after taking it she just goes on about how I've never done it and talks about her past times taking it and never answers my question.
My sister knows who makes them, yet has never taken his because she hasn't done it in four years. I want to do it, but I personally don't know the guy who makes them and that makes me uncomfortable. All I really want to know is what to expect after taking it.

My sister says there are two types of people who take it, the Freaks and the Jammers. (Freaks being the ones who get really horny and the Jammers being the ones who, well, Jam out to music and have a good time.)
Can you control what you do while on it?
or Can you realize that your high and control it?
Because I really want to be the person who just has a good time.

I've done some research about its effects and what it can do, like jaw clenching, excessive sweating, and dehydration, but are there any more I should be aware of?

I've also read that while rolling thing can move slowly, like, lets say, a laser pointer, has a trail following it slowly, is this true?

And if any one can answer this question, tell me, What does it feel like?

Last edited:
Want to know what it feels like? Read this - http://thedea.org/letsroll.html

Want to confirm what drug you're taking? Look here for US - http://dancesafe.org or here for UK - http://eztest.co.uk or here for EU - http://eztest.com.

No idea what she means by the freaks and jammers. I usually just see a bunch of people having a good time and spreading good vibes to each other. I'll assume that you've tried alcohol and gotten drunk before (because most have), from which MDMA will provide you with much more control than that. You are in control of your actions, you're just more open to socializing and dancing with people than you would be sober. The best way I describe the 'control' part is that it's like being in a very good, chatty mood just without any social barriers between people you don't know. Going up to someone and introducing yourself is not a daunting task, it's now something you want to and will enjoy doing. I've had times clubbing where I've been drunk and met rollers and they're really not annoying like drunk people are. While sober, I'd much rather speak to someone rolling than someone who is drunk.

That's the best I can explain the whole control part of it anyway. Expect a whole load of euphoria, empathy and emotional well-being with enhanced appreciation for music.

But, you MUST test your pills before taking them or you could be taking anything. Buy one from one of those sites. If it tests for pure MDMA, you're good to go ;) I'd recommend a starting dose of anywhere between 100-120mg of MDMA. Check out this thread for more info on dosing and usage etc - http://http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/657228-Six-Simple-Rules-To-MDMA

Last edited:
Just follow the dosing recommendations found on Bluelight and Erowid, (usually 100-120 mg). Invest in a test kit to test your product and a milligram scale to weight your dose, they're both inexpensive and they make the difference between safe and unsafe use. If you test and weight your dose, you will be the person having a good time. :)

Don't do too much and keep your buddies close to you - you will have a wonderful time :)

Last edited:
Your question is like asking what chocolate taste likes, I could try and explain it but it will never be the same until you experience it.

Let's assume we are talking about MDMA, there are many imitations out there and it's not easy to synthesise, so unless your sisters friend is a chemist with access to some rare precursors there is always a chance you'll take something else. You should test it, but be reassured than many other chemicals out there will give you a similar experience. Perhaps not as good, but good enough for many experienced users to be fooled.

Don't worry about losing control, it's not the type of chemical that will force you to become someone else. You will be happy, you will feel a rushing feeling through your body into your heart and be energised. Shit music you would normally not care for will suddenly sound like the greatest song in the world and you will want to talk to strangers, even if usually you are an extremely shy person. Sober people will know you are on something, but if you are at a rave you shouldn't stand out as being an idiot.

During the peak you will sweat, you will chew people's ears off and you will want to move about and dance or at least tap your foot to the beat. Depending on how high you dose you may even feel a little over whelmed, but rest assured this will usually pass within 10- 15 minutes. Initially this feeling can be scary but the more you experience good quality ecstasy the more you will come to appreciate this rush as one of the best parts of the experience.

Some advise.

Keep your fluids up but go easy on alcohol. In fact I'd suggest avoiding alcohol altogether if you can but personally I enjoy a couple of beers on the come up. Have enough money on you that you can buy plenty of cold water and make sure you sip it throughout the night. Don't go over board, people have died from literally drowning themselves with too much water, but it is better that you stay hydrated and cool than overheat. If you are dancing up a sweaty storm a good rule to follow is a small bottle of water every hour or so.

Have a rest from time to time. Unless you are a trained professional dancer it takes a lot of fitness to dance non stop for even one hour, let alone a whole night. Ecstasy will give you untold energy at the time but your muscles will remember the workout the following few days. Take time to sit down or even take a stroll away from the crowded dance floor and find a cool outside breeze. Not only will this prevent you from overheating, you will also discover some new and interesting people. Talk to strangers but don't be offended if they don't want to talk back.

Everyone will be at their own level so might not share your same enthusiasm, but tell them it's your first time and they will smile and be jealous. Enjoy the moment as thankfully unlike sex, most people will agree the first time is probably the best time. You might dose more and peak harder as you gain more experience but nothing will beat that first night mix of fearing the unknown followed but an opening of your mind and soul to this other world. There is a reason it is called ecstasy and not misery ;)

Remember that ecstasy has a limited duration and what goes up, must come down. Expect the best part to last around 5-6 hours. Your brain has a limited supply of serotonin and taking more will never bring you back to that same first level. Redosing will give you a lift but it is little more sketchy, a little more dirty and will make your recovery a lot harder. Although you will miss the dizzying highs of the peak there is a certain appeal to the afterglow. Don't be tempted to push on for longer, you will only increase the chance of a bad comedown for the next few days. Trying to relax after a high is difficult, and sleep is important.

If your sister is a intelligent woman she will take you home and guide you through the after glow. Don't try and force sleep, I wouldn't even bother taking sleeping tablets etc. Gather your friends back at someone's house, brew some tea, put on some mellow tunes and let the warm feeling wash over you. For many this is the most enjoyable part of the experience. It's not loud and manic, people will want to cuddle and perhaps massage each other, and the room will be filled with love and empathy. You will talk about everything and anything and over a couple of hours you will solve all of the worlds problems and wonder why it is illegal. Don't miss this experience, nothing worse than going home by yourself as the drug leaves your body and lying in bed praying of sleep. Let the drug run it's course naturally, you might even watch the sun come up. Better to do this earlier at someone's lounge room than suffer through a comedown waiting in a cab line.

Finally the shit stuff. You will feel crappy for couple of days later. If you follow most of my advise you will simply feel tired and drained, particularly if you have missed a whole nights sleep and not eaten much for 24 hours. Sleep is your friend but often it takes a couple of days to recharge your batteries. They call it Suicide Tuesday for a reason, but by the end of the week you should be back to normal, wanting to do it again. Eat, sleep, exercise. Be assured that just like the dizzying highs, the flat feeling afterwards will pass too. Let your body recover and use your new found empathy and love for your fellow man for good. Remember you only get your first time once, make the most of it.

Best of luck you lucky bastard.

Last edited:
Can you control what you do while on it?
yes, but you'll still be doing different things than sober. you might hug a stranger that's rolling and sharing the same appreciation for the music ;)
Can you realize that your high and control it?
realize? definitely. you'll definitely know how inebriated you are.
control it? why would you want to do that? just let the waves of love and happiness wash over you.

I've done some research about its effects and what it can do, like jaw clenching, excessive sweating, and dehydration, but are there any more I should be aware of?
maybe mydriasis and nystagmus. mydriasis is dilation of the pupils, which makes it extremely hard to focus on something close by. nystagmus is fast movement of the eyes from side to side (eye wiggles; i've sometimes had sore eye muscles the next day ;) ), which makes your vision a bit blurry unless you deliberately stop it (which takes away part of the fun imho). so reading something on your phone is definitely a difficult task :)

for dehydration just listen to your body. you will get thirsty, do not ignore this! make a rest and drink some water.

I've also read that while rolling thing can move slowly, like, lets say, a laser pointer, has a trail following it slowly, is this true?
well, i'm not sure if a laser pointer would do anything if you don't stare into the opening (obviously don't do this), but bright lights definitely will leave a slight trail when they move through your field of vision.

And if any one can answer this question, tell me, What does it feel like?
there's no way to describe it fully. my closest approximation would be "boom, and everything's alright with the world". the first few times many people don't realize the effects until they are peaking, so the effects could really set in at the blink of an eye. another thing that often happens with the first few times is that you litterally feel like you're walking on clouds. try walking slowly, that makes the effect particulary pronounced.

for anything else i'd refer you to one thousand words' excellent post.

Last edited: