View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First Time taking 2CE. Any tips?

MrPitt

Bluelighter
So I have 20mg of 2CE. I took 1mg of 25I NBOH ~90 hours ago. I've had two full night's sleep and have been eating well. My overall tolerance to psych's are low. The 25I was the first psychedelic I have taken in almost 6 months. Should tolerance be a factor here? Any other tips you guys have?

20mg is a very healthy dose... you will feel it just fine IMO

I don't think so... sound like you hardly trip... and a 4 day rest, seems like your good to go... 20 mg is going to be a strong dose...
still: wait for a few other people to post and decide then...

What's the rush? Wait a couple of weeks until your tolerance is done. Take between 12-16mg of 2C-E depending on your experience level.

Otherwise yes, tolerance will definitely play a role. The problem is that tolerance isn't very predictable so trying to work around it by taking high doses tends to end badly.

can't comment on the 25I-NBOH, but just regarding 2C-E:

1) empty stomach
2) be rested and in good physical condition (it can be draining)
3) have an option to go outside or do something with your body. it's not a drug to sit still and do nothing. in my experience some walking, exploring, is the best thing to lessen the bodyload (which can be pronounced)
4) 20mg might be a hefty dose, some get full +++ experiences with less than that. I'd only recommend this dose for a first time if you are prepared and willing to possibly go deep (even though 20mg was always rather ++ for me personally).

I am a bigger guy at around 240lbs. And I've had this stuff on hand for a few weeks now and tonight will be my last opportunity to take it for a few more weeks. I just want to have a good time. Not looking to try and guess my dosage based of my perceived tolerance.
On another note it is incredibly cold but there is a lake by my house and I feel like that would be fun to chill at for a while. Maybe just go for a walk around it a couple times and listen to some music.

Last edited:
I think 20mg is too much for your first dose with this. When you say "I just want to have a good time" makes me think you should go for something like 12-16mg. If it was me and I just wanted a good time I'd go for 8-12mg, but I'm much smaller than you and it sounds like your keen to go a bit harder.

It sounds like you're situated in an ideal place to have a nice trip!

I can't really speak on the tolerance part either, but if it is just about a few weeks I would consider waiting for the next opportunity, if I were you.

20mg is definitely too much for a first trial, I would say 10-12mg or maybe up to 15mg if you are generally quite experienced with psychedelics. The bodyload can feel very strange and unpleasant and can strongly affect your mindset, I had one rather difficult experience on 12mg once (second time with the substance). Being active should take care of that, my mistake that time was to lie down and think "hopefully this will get better soon" which of course only helped me to concentrate more on that unpleasant feeling.

Walking around in nature and/or listening to music sounds good to me.

Well I'll definitely take that into consideration. Is the body load strong? I've done DMT several times and found the body load extremely strong, and somewhat uncomfortable at first. LSD or most 25x's on the other hand are rather euphoric body wise for me. How would these comepare to 2CE? I've heard nausea can be distracting, at least during the come up. I am also considering plugging it to avoid that.

Last edited:
I think 20mg is too much for your first dose with this. When you say "I just want to have a good time" makes me think you should go for something like 12-16mg. If it was me and I just wanted a good time I'd go for 8-12mg, but I'm much smaller than you and it sounds like your keen to go a bit harder.

It sounds like you're situated in an ideal place to have a nice trip!

By have a good time I meant have taken enough 2CE to have not wasted the trip. Of course I enjoy hard trips, But I'm not looking to skyrocket into space. I just want to more or less spend the night relaxed with fun visuals and thoughts, getting confused by a video game or staring at a lake.

^ yeah, for me 8mg would be enough for that kind of a trip. I think I'm more sensitive to 2C-E than most people are, so you might go higher than that, which is why I said 12-16mg. Tokezu's recommendation of 10-12mg is wise. 12mg is a good sweet spot for a very strong but not overwhelming trip for me. 20mg would most likely skyrocket you into space, that's a really heavy duty dose of 2C-E, and not recommended at all for your first go with it.

perpetualdawn Any suggestions for nausea? Have you experienced any? I plan on drinking some ginger ale.

I think I have had a bit of nausea on it (and other psychedelics). Usually I just try to ignore it, I find that fussing over nausea just makes it worse. Probably ginger tea or strong ginger beer would be better, because ginger ale hardly has any actual ginger in it.

Well i tried 17mgs and nothing but threshold visuals, slight body high, and some giggliness. I guess my tolerance is too high. I added some MXP to them mix and it's quite enjoyable. Kinda disappointed though.

By have a good time I meant have taken enough 2CE to have not wasted the trip. Of course I enjoy hard trips, But I'm not looking to skyrocket into space. I just want to more or less spend the night relaxed with fun visuals and thoughts, getting confused by a video game or staring at a lake.

^ yeah, for me 8mg would be enough for that kind of a trip. I think I'm more sensitive to 2C-E than most people are, so you might go higher than that, which is why I said 12-16mg. Tokezu's recommendation of 10-12mg is wise. 12mg is a good sweet spot for a very strong but not overwhelming trip for me. 20mg would most likely skyrocket you into space, that's a really heavy duty dose of 2C-E, and not recommended at all for your first go with it.

well i guess i'm too late, but i would have agreed that 12-15 mg would be the dose for the kind of trip you described, MrPitt. 20 mg would certain "skyrocket" a lot of people, including me. 12 mg was my first dose and it was great. i've never dosed much higher than 20 mg, and 17 mg was actually my preferred dose...resulting in pretty strong effects.

if you decide to try 2ce again, don't increase the dose too crazily. 20 mg might be what you are looking for. increasing the dose by just a couple mg can subjectively double the intensity.

Yeah I have a feeling this would have been really fun if I had less tolerance from the 25i. Oh well. Still enjoyable though

Yeah I have a feeling this would have been really fun if I had less tolerance from the 25i. Oh well. Still enjoyable though

If you are tripping multiple times a week tolerance is clearly a factor. I would agree though with everyone on this thread; My first go with 2C-E was at 12 mg and I had a manageable but very strong trip

I would agree with porkstock that 12-15 mg would be about what you've described. Even as low as 10 would be a great yet thorough introduction to this space. Hold on tight...

Yeah, the tolerance probably killed it. For most people 17mg would've been a lot more than just "threshold visuals, slight body high, and some giggliness"