• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time snorting heroin

ballsmclongcock

Greenlighter
Hello everyone,

I've used a bunch of different drugs most of them being amphetamines, but a few years ago I was prescribed hydro 7.5s for a knee injury, and I get a script of 90 each month to help deal with the pain. A year or so ago I started taking about 5 at a time to get a good high, now I'm to the point where I take 8 to feel okay.

My question for everyone though which I'm sure has been asked a million times, what would be a good starting dose as far as snorting goes? I bought a gram since the dealer didn't want to sell less (obviously not doing a gram at once). I will not IV as I'm very skeeved out by needles and I am also not interested in smoking it. As it is street grade no one knows what it's cut with, although it came in a hard chunk and the dealer said it was pure, I highly doubt it's close to pure.

Any input from anyone with experience would be greatly appreciated.

I am starting off by taking 15mg lines, 20 minutes apart until I achieve a good steady high, as snorting too much is irreversible. Thank you in advanced everyone!

Moved to BDD (this should be your first forum visiting/posting in before coming to OD, thank you)

I'm going to put in my personal advice on this, and I am an ex-heroin addict who just snorted it like you plan on doing. I never have and never will injected myself with anything.

My first time doing heroin I was really nervous because you just don't know what it's cut with. Nobody does, and you aren't going to know unless you pay the money to get a test kit or something along those lines. Assuming you just have the heroin by itself, START SMALL. I cannot emphasize how many cases I've read on about local heroin being cut with fentanyl & it's many analogues, not to mention little things such as baby powder. With this in mind, try a small bump to begin with. Once you have familiarized yourself with the effects you can always dose more! A small dose, being 10mg. I wouldn't even suggest 15mg in the sake of harm reduction and you are a first time user. You have to be careful! You may have a decent tolerance with opiates in general, but at least you can be completely sure that you're actually getting hydrocodone! A good method I've heard for cocaine (but can apply to the same situation) is to take a matchstick, break it in half, make a skinny line the size of one of those halves and go from there. Also, remember to post back regarding the dose you ended up beginning with and the effects it had on you.

I think you will be just fine with your tolerance history, but we've lost too many people on Bluelight. ♡

Thank you Cannablissss, for your advice and moving the post for me. I made several 15mg lines in 20min intervals and took 75mg total to get me to a good personal high.

It was nothing like I expected honestly. I was expecting a full blown nodding off experience which is not really what I wanted, and I'm sure with more it could have happened.

I will try more next weekend maybe, one question I do have though is since I found 75mg is my "sweet spot" would it make much of a difference if I took a 75mg line and just snorted half at once, then the other half 20mins later? Or would it theoretically be okay to do the whole line at once? Or stick to the 15mg 5 times idea?

Thanks again!

All in all, I prefer my hydros opposed to heroin.

I too have experience as both a heroin user and an addict. I started with the Roa you are using, skipped smoking and began intravenously injecting.

Apart from taking heroin orally, intranasal might be the safer of heroin's various routes of administration. So I'm glad you started there. It's not as dangerous as it gets, but it's still safer than IV use.

Everybody close to me who has died from a heroin OD died while IV'ing it. It's a classically risky method of taking any drug, especially so when the drug varies wildly sometimes in potency and can cause respiratory depression and cardiac arrest. Some users inject a little too much and they immediately are in trouble.

My point OP, is that while you are electing to do a dangerous activity, it at least sounds lije you're going about it in a cautious way and were right coming here to make this post. Please don't combine it with other drugs until you are comfortable enough with heroin on it's own, most overdoses with heroin actually get caused by interactions between it and another drug.

You know the spiel by now - so enjoy, be safe and report back

I'm of the opinion that a lot of deaths and overdoses could have been easily prevented just by making slight changes to the individual's behavior. We all want to get high; as high as we can. Nobody ever wants to do a 1 bag test shot. They've been waiting all day to get high and they don't want to mess around so they do their usual 5 bag shot and die. It's such an easy thing to do and it can save your life. I'm not saying that one bag of Heroin has never killed anyone, but for an addict, it's unlikely to unless a batch has been severely fucked with.

I think you've got the right idea as far as dosage goes. Just keep doing small lines until you're where you want to be. I imagine you'll enjoy Heroin more than you enjoyed Hydrocodone. It's ultimately more itchy/sedating/euphoric than Hydrocodone, but that's just me. Can I ask what color your dope is? Do you get mostly Fentanyl up there or is there still real shit?

It's a tan color, only thing I've seen that's comparable almost exactly the same when it's crushed would be poultry gravy mix. It came in a crumbly rock when I purchased it but broke apart fairly easy.

Which color is fentanyl?

It's a tan color, only thing I've seen that's comparable almost exactly the same when it's crushed would be poultry gravy mix. It came in a crumbly rock when I purchased it but broke apart fairly easy.

Which color is fentanyl?

Pure fentanyl is usually white but it can be a gray color as well, real heroin is often brownish and does sound heroin.

But you never truly know. I wouldn't go over .1 - .2 line, start small and see how you feel thats as simple as it goes.

The best heroin I've used took about .3 of a gram even with a tolerance to be close to overdosing, and people have died from half a gram that I know.

Be safe

I made an error here. I guess I wasn't thinking and I momentarily turned this into a drug identification thread. That's totally my fault, obviously.