• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin First time smoking heroin

studman69

Bluelighter
I’m someone with plenty of drug experience, and plenty of experience smoking meth on tin foil, but I’ve never really used any opiates. I have 0.1g of heroin, and I’d like to try smoking some. As someone with absolutely no tolerance, how careful do I need to be? If I do a tiny little bit at a time, will I know when I’ve reached a (relatively) safe dosage?

(I’m in Australia, if that helps. Not sure how our heroin compares to US or EU product)

As long as you aren't combining it with other depressants like benzodiazepines or alcohol, chasing is the safest method for heroin use. Since you feel the high pretty much instantly, you can understand if you have had enough within a minute at most. If I were you, I would chase a third of it without rushing and enjoy and understand your state for about ten minutes without smoking. After that, if you think you need more smoke another third slowly. You will know when you have enough.
If you don't combine with other depressants and if there's no fentanyl kind of substance in it, it's very hard to od when you chase heroin. One tends to nod heavily before being able to smoke enough to overdose. Still be careful and don't rush. Finally if you combine with stimulants like meth, keep in mind that they tend to mask the sedation which comes with heroin. This may cause you to use more heroin thinking that you haven't used enough. You could consume more H than you need because of that and get sick.
Take vare, good luck.

It depends on the type of heroin #4 can't be smoked very nicely, but #3 can.

You need to make a tooter and a plate from an aluminium foil.

You have to fold it, place the heroin and put a flame under it, not too close not to burn it, and when it starts evaporing tilt the foil and run it. There is a thread about this i'm gonna search for it just i'm at work right now. You can dose it however you want like this, run a line see how you feel, if not enough, run one again in the opposite directiom

Last edited by a moderator:
If you've never used any opioid before you might want to pick up an antihistamine that is good for nausea. Although I think many of the nausea focused ones are also sedating so you would probably want to ask the pharmacist specifically for something non sedating, as a first time heroin user really shouldn't be taking anything extra that increases sedation.

But yeah nausea is pretty common from first time strong opiates if you haven't at least worked your way up with the weaker ones (codeine etc)

You will be fine smoking just dont do a lot of lines one after another and don't drink or take any downers, worst thing that might happen is you get itchy or maybe feel sick if that happens back off.