• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

First time rolling since febuary tomorrow. I take Vyvanse, will it affect MDMA?

Sublime947

Bluelighter
Hi. I am prescribed vyvanse. Have been taking 20mg. Love the effects to be honest, I am taking it as prescribed for social anxiety and sort of an off-label antidepressant. I don't abuse my stimulants either and take them as directed. I was on adderall IR for a month before at 10-20mg doses but switched to Vyvanse just recently because I didn't like the extreme highs and lows, and the crash and redosing was lame. Vyvanse, on the other hand feels somewhat like a mild MDMA. I am also able to sleep well, feel calm, and have better appetite.

Anyways, I am attending a music festival alone for the first time ever this weekend, and have skipped my 20mg morning vyvanse dose this morning based on responses I got from a reddit thread here
http://www.reddit.com/r/MDMA/comments/2eqsin/going_to_amazing_festival_this_weekend_but_i_am/

On Friday I plan on taking MDMA, on Saturday I plan on taking LSD.

I see a lot of information on the combination of MDMA and adderall, but not much information on the interactions MDMA and Vyvanse. From what I've gathered, it isn't recommended to mix them. I have read that MDMA doesn't work directly only on serotonin and also works on dopamine. Amphetamines like Vyvanse and Adderall seem to wok not only on dopamine, but serotonin and norepinephrine.

I am no scientist but I really want this to be a satisfying roll. I have tested MDMA that I have done in Febuary with no ill effects, however I wasn't on vyvanse then. I am a bit annoyed that I had to skip my vyvanse dose this morning, but I am only doing it to get the maximum benefit from my MDMA experience tomorrow. Anyone know how vyvanse interacts with MDMA? Was it a mistake to not take my vyvanse this morning :/ I am being extra careful in not taking it today and not tomorrow.

Did I do the right thing harm-reduction wise? It is never a good idea to stop taking your prescription medication that is intended for daily use, but this is an emergency here! And since I've been on adderall for a month and vyvanse for 2 days I don't think it'll be too bad right?

You've done the right thing by not taking vyvanse before MDMA. Taking two stimulants together is likely to cause overstimulation. Your roll should be just fine, so go ahead with whatever you had planned.

It is never a good idea to stop taking your prescription medication that is intended for daily use

It's a bit different with stimulants. I'd actually recommend not taking them everyday to avoid tolerance and side-effects (and I do so with methylphenidate which I use to study 2-3 times per week). Just because they're prescription drugs, doesn't mean they have no side-effects with daily, long-term usage. Taking a few days break from the vyvanse is a good idea to me anyway. Main point though: do NOT combine vyvanse & MDMA. Stick to one or the other in one day.

You've done the right thing by not taking vyvanse before MDMA. Taking two stimulants together is likely to cause overstimulation. Your roll should be just fine, so go ahead with whatever you had planned.

It's a bit different with stimulants. I'd actually recommend not taking them everyday to avoid tolerance and side-effects (and I do so with methylphenidate which I use to study 2-3 times per week). Just because they're prescription drugs, doesn't mean they have no side-effects with daily, long-term usage. Taking a few days break from the vyvanse is a good idea to me anyway. Main point though: do NOT combine vyvanse & MDMA. Stick to one or the other in one day.

Thank you JWills! This was reassuring to hear. And I had no idea that if you are prescribed it for daily use you should take occasional breaks. I assumed that taking a low therapeutic dose daily (20mg-40mg vyvanse which isn't too much in my opinion) wouldn't have any adverse affects. I was mainly concerned with having a withdrawal effect today since I haven't taken any, but I feel pretty okay as of now. I won't be taking it tomorrow for sure either because that's when I'm dropping the MDMA.

Also, compared to other stimulants, how does vyvanse compare when skipping a day to ritalin/adderall? I have read some anecdotal evidence of people taking vyvanse for long periods of time, missing a dose on a day and having horrible withdrawals. It's strange because usually there isn't too much withdrawal when it comes to these stimulant medications, but vyvanse stood out for some reason when I did some research. I hope I won't have to experience some horrible vyvanse withdrawal someday haha, as it's been really good thusfar. I have tried adderall IR, ritalin, vyvanse, and out of those vyvanse has worked best for me.

Anyways though, will it be okay to take vyvanse the day after rolling? Or should I wait it out. Depending on how the roll goes, I may not even feel a need to take the vyvanse the next day. Also I will be dropping acid the day following MDMA, so I guess it'll be better taking it clean w/o the dextroamphetamine :)

And I had no idea that if you are prescribed it for daily use you should take occasional breaks

Well, it's not like they actually cure underlying problems, they just mask the symptoms everyday. So, if you can tolerate whatever you had before, then taking days off helps to reduce this:

missing a dose on a day and having horrible withdrawals

Basically taking any drug everyday for a long-time is likely to cause some sort of change to the brain, which causes withdrawal when you stop taking it. They are pretty safe for long-term usage, but definitely tolerance is a big factor using every day. If I was you and I wanted to avoid this:

horrible vyvanse withdrawal

I'd rather tolerate a few days per week without vyvanse, so as to allow my brain to spend time sober. Vyvanse is a fucking awesome drug though I agree. It provides me with a very long-lasting, calm yet euphoric focus and motivation to do stuff. One day on any ADHD stimulant (but adderall/vyvanse are the best) is equivalent to 3-4 days sober studying for me.

Anyways though, will it be okay to take vyvanse the day after rolling?

Probably best to wait a few days. Taking MDMA, a powerful serotonin-releasing amphetamine, followed by dextro - a classic dopamine/norepinephrine stimulant in two days might make for a dodgy comedown from the vyvanse on day 2. Also depends on you, and how the MDMA comedown affects you. If you're like me then you're lucky and don't have a comedown, but an afterglow. But if you find the days after MDMA to be a bit shitty, then taking vyvanse isn't going to help when you crash back down.