• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

First time possession of paraphernalia charge [Texas]

Status
Not open for further replies.

somegirl24

Greenlighter
I got pulled over for my break light being out and was told "It smells like weed so I am going to search your car. It is better if you be honest with me." I replied saying that I have 3 grams of weed in my purse but nothing else. He then searched my car and then initially told me I was under arrest for the possession of marijuana and to call my parents to come pick up my car. I start crying (20 year old girl who has never gotten in trouble with the law before) and told them I had a paper to turn in the next morning so I asked the 2 cops if I could write down how my parents could submit it for me. They went to go get a piece of paper and came back saying "We think school is too important so we are going to let you off with a possession of paraphernalia charge" and then let me go. They confiscated the marijuana and the ticket they gave me says that the paraphernalia was "contraband." Should i get a lawyer? Can I get this expunged or dismissed? If you had this charge what happened to you?

Those cops cut you a sweet break for Texas.

Lawyer up, see what he can do for you. Other than that, though? I'm sorry to say that we're not really allowed to seek or give legal advice out around here.

Seriously, though. Get a lawyer. That never hurts. Best of luck to you.

I got pulled over for my break light being out and was told "It smells like weed so I am going to search your car. It is better if you be honest with me." I replied saying that I have 3 grams of weed in my purse but nothing else. He then searched my car and then initially told me I was under arrest for the possession of marijuana and to call my parents to come pick up my car. I start crying (20 year old girl who has never gotten in trouble with the law before) and told them I had a paper to turn in the next morning so I asked the 2 cops if I could write down how my parents could submit it for me. They went to go get a piece of paper and came back saying "We think school is too important so we are going to let you off with a possession of paraphernalia charge" and then let me go. They confiscated the marijuana and the ticket they gave me says that the paraphernalia was "contraband." Should i get a lawyer? Can I get this expunged or dismissed? If you had this charge what happened to you?

Sound like good cops, a rarity today.

Lawyer up, see what he can do for you. Other than that, though? I'm sorry to say that we're not really allowed to seek or give legal advice out around here.

cosign, sorry but BL can't really help you with legal matters, best to lawyer up

Status
Not open for further replies.