• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First time phenetylamine (2C-D), allergy test and related questions

If you expect to feel the lightest possible dose & titrate up from that point, then it would be best to have a completely empty stomach. For allergy testing, I doubt it matters much as you'd be wise to use your mouth & skin to allergy test, not your stomach.

Hi,

I know which vendor you're talking about, they are very legit and well know... But too bad you order from them because they are prices are WAAAY too expensive... You should get powder instead, much better. You can trust them, I was buying from them when I was a newb. These pills are indeed green and clean. Work like intended but please don't buy it there anymore, they're so expensive there and their customer service is awful! Avoid them in the future ;-)

You shouldn't stress that much, 50mg is fine. You'll be allright :)

Solipsis, I plan on taking 25 mg (and that's half a pill, yes). :)

HofmannBlotter: Thanks. Actually I compared them with another vendor (selling only powder), and the price was only higher by 2 or 3 euros. But yes, this was probably the first and last time I order RC's from them.

Yeah don't deal with *no vendor discussion* anymore :p

Half a pill would be plenty, 2C-D is light so don't stress to much about it ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
I find the idea of vendor-pressed RC tabs/pills quite dubious.
I'm not sure if this is fair or not, as I don't ever send anything away for lab testing, and take the purity/substance etc at face value (save for safeguards such as weighing doses and taking cautious 'allergy tests' and whatnot) and in doing so put a certain amount of trust in assuming that a substance is what it is presented as being - and at the purity level claimed.

But buying chems with pre-measured dosages pressed into pills/pellets/tabs etc etc just seems like an extra level of trust that could potentially cause problems.
This is certainly not a criticism of the OP or their HR methods in ensuring maximum safety with said psychedelic phenethylamine...however I'm just to wary to ever go down the path of buying RC pills ever again (after a bad experience with god-knows-what from a market stall about 8 years ago).

When there is a big market for "pure" chemicals, the pressed versions seem so much more difficult to measure (weight and therefore dose; is each pill equally mixed with actives/fillers/binders etc?)
Seems like a big ask for a 'semi legal' outfit to achieve - the risk of some pills - or half pills or however the end user ends up taking them - being stronger than others seems like a real risk - and with some of these substances - a real danger.

Agree that 2c-d is among the more forgiving of the RC psychedelics...but am I the only one that gives the purveyors of pre-dosed, packaged research chems a wide berth?
I feel that if you are going to take the plunge with these "novel psychoactives", buying things pre-dosed is actually increasing the potential for harm, rather than being a safer option (assuming one has procured the absolutely necessary items such as a set of milligram scales, having done enough research as not to be a danger to themselves).

I'm not sure if I'm going off-topic by mentioning this. I wonder what others thoughts are?
The idea for me of buying - say a 2c-x or 4-sub tryptamine in pill or pellet form is offputting - but maybe contradictory, as other illicit psychs (LSD for example) are pre-dosed as a rule.
Perhaps it is just what one is used to?
The line is so blurred with the proliferation of RCs into the "traditional" drug market anyway...but the only way I would ever feel comfortable taking - say - 2c-e or 2c-I is in powder/crystalline form that I weighed out myself (or at least watched as someone else did the same.
Am I just a creature of habit with this?

I agree with pretty much everything you said here. I would be very suspicious of any vendor that is distributing materials by pressing pills or laying blotter (especially with all of the shady NBOMe blotter going around nowadays). If I can't find a source for a chemical in powder form then I won't buy it. The only exceptions I've made are for AL-LAD and LSZ since it seems the lab that made those distributed them on blotter from the start.

@ HofmannBlotter: thanks, I'm not stressing about the effects of 2C-D but more about the fact that something else could be in one of those pills ^^

@ zn13bt, spacejunk: would you still be suspicious if it was from a well-known smartshop?

@ Solipsis: about the scale, I did the weighting yesterday and it was pretty good. Measurements had a pretty good replicability.

I actually measured each pill (I did triplicates) and added that and got a total of 1,128 g. I crushed everything, and weighted the total powder and got 1,06 g. That means I've lost 68 mg in the process, which is roughly 12 mg 2C-D... While crushing I was breathing some powder, so I guess most of those 68 mg went into the air, and the rest stayed on the mortar / pestle and weighting tray and my fingers.

I separated the powder into 8 amounts of 13 mg each (roughly 23 mg 2C-D), dissolved one into 100 mL (there is some precipitate), and made 7 parachutes. I've started testing the supertiny amounts from the solution. So far, no problem. :)

P.S.: by splashing, I meant that I put a tiny amount of powder on a cristallisoir (upside down), and wanted to add just a few drops of water to that, but when I pressed the syringue, the water got out of it under a lot of pressure (you know, when you get that last drop out of a syringue, and it "pops" out) so the water got onto the powder but at the same time was splashed everywhere...

Last edited:
^ the popularity or reputation of vendors isn't something I know a whole lot about or put a lot of faith in, to be honest.
It's worth remembering that even some of the more "reputable" RC vendors have "turned scam", become dodgy, unreliable or made mistakes.
I don't know much about 'smart shops' (do they really differ from online vendors, apart from their presentation - but if memory serves correctly, some industrially pressed pharmaceutical tablets can be of variable dosage when divided. I could be wrong about that (as lots of medications are scored for splitting into halves - but I'm guessing generic brands may be less evenly dosed) - but less regulated, smaller scale outfits...I dunno man - I'm not really the trusting type when it comes to grey market chemicals.

It's a judgement call everyone has make for themselves...but in the interest of harm reduction I would personally avoid these kinds of products.

Thanks for your input :) I chose not to trust as well and that's why I homogenized everything.

Yeah, wise move :)
I am wary of going much further with this line of discussion because it is getting too close to vendor discussion as it is.
But put simply, I don't think you can really be too careful.

Yeah, reputation doesn't prevent mistakes or ripoffs from happening. There was a well-known vendor (that went out of a business a few years ago) that sent a customer a batch of 2C-P mislabeled as butylone, and they ended up having a massive overdose which required hospitalization.

Shaal, you're definitely going about this the right way by grinding up the pills and using liquid measurement. But just think how much easier this would all be if you had bought the pure substance in powder form in the first place ;)

Shaal, you're definitely going about this the right way by grinding up the pills and using liquid measurement. But just think how much easier this would all be if you had bought the pure substance in powder form in the first place ;)

Haha yeah I know, it's my first time ever buying an RC (and even trying one), and when I bought it I chose this form because I don't have an accurate enough scale. I didn't think about considerations such as vendor mislabeling etc... :)

I agree with others here that it's better to go with raw powder than pressed pills, easier to reagent test and you have the ability to judge your own dose rather than being forced into the standard dose some vendor thinks is suitable - or more likely profitable.
There's still a chance of mis-labelling, deliberate or eroneous, & cutting but I just feel more comfortable with powder. Unfortunately there does seem to be more of a trend recently for potent psychedelics to be pre-packaged up by some vendors inorder to increase their appeal and marketability. This may make dosing them more convenient but it doesn't encourage a sense of self-responsiblity and knowledge in the user - OP is an obvious exception - and will nodoubt lead to some problems down the line.