• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

first time oxycodone

joeshmoe917

Greenlighter
my friend had the 10/325 oxys, i bought four of them. I have no tolerance to opiates ive only ever done tramadol once and i didnt really feel anything. i took two pills orally about an hour ago and i felt nothing so i snorted one more its been like 5 minutes and im starting to feel a little something. i just wanna know if i was born with an opiate tolerance or if its gonna hit me like a truck in like an hour? i was hoping for a more intense experience so i also wanna know if i should snort another one if im not satisfied or is that too dangerous?

my friend had the 10/325 oxys, i bought four of them. I have no tolerance to opiates ive only ever done tramadol once and i didnt really feel anything. i took two pills orally about an hour ago and i felt nothing so i snorted one more its been like 5 minutes and im starting to feel a little something. i just wanna know if i was born with an opiate tolerance or if its gonna hit me like a truck in like an hour? i was hoping for a more intense experience so i also wanna know if i should snort another one if im not satisfied or is that too dangerous?

Snorting your pills is wasting them. 20 mg worth of Oxy with no tolerance you should be able to definitely feel something. Maybe you do have a naturally high tolerance.. I always advise na?ve users to try 20 mg max first time trying Oxy.

Anyways, snorting should come on quicker. Just that far less of the drug gets into your system. My advice would have been, after the 20 mg didn't hit you orally, wait an hour, try another 10, then wait another hour, and if still nothing, then reluctantly try the other 10 mg. All taken orally. If 40 mg doesn't barely touch you with no tolerance, then just count yourself lucky/unlucky that Oxy (Opiates) are just not for you, and take it as a blessing in disguise.

To any other Oxy/Opiate na?ve people out there - please do not try and take 40 mg straight off the bat, as you will at the very least find yourself puking your guts up.. Or worse.

Stay safe people ;)

Snorting oxy is a waste of oxy and when it's combined with APAP is just going to be painful and even more counterproductive. It's too late, but just wait at least 6 hours until it decide to take more.

yeah i puked that night and my stomach was kinda hurting in the morning but i did get pretty high. i?ll just do it orally next time and if it doesnt work then yeah i guess opiates arent for me.

Last edited:
Definitly do less of you puked and felt sick, that is if you decide to do it again. Also yes stay with oral use, in my experience oral oxy comes on plenty fast and hard when on an empty stomach, no need to brutalize your nose.

"I puked the first time, I guess Opioids aren't for me :("

Never say never. I'm not proud of this behavior, as it was pretty reckless of me and I very easily could have killed my friend, but it's relevant to this situation. This kid would drive me every Saturday to my clinic to pick up my weekly script of Methadone and my dosage was 120mg per day at this point. After 3 or so trips, he finally said "what is this stuff exactly". Well, I said, "take a sip". Anyone who is familiar with Methadone understands that "a sip" from a 120mg take-home bottle could easily be lethal to a naive individual.

He spent over 36 hours in bed purging everything from his stomach and he scratched his face so badly from the itches that he basically had open sores by the time everything was said and done. I sat with him the whole time after I realized what I had done. I was drunk when I told him that and when I sobered up I realized that I was potentially going to become a murder if he didn't get medical attention. He kept refusing and he wasn't blue, he was breathing over 5 times per minute and he could engage me in conversation if stimulated.

After this event, he said, "I'm never doing that again and I don't understand why anybody would like it". I had to relent and say, "yea you're probably right". 3 days later he was asking me for more. Pretty much, after he recovered, had one day of clarity to think about the situation, his body and mind drove him back to me looking for more. You have to guess that this type of thing is purely biological. He didn't "have fun" or anything close to it, but he wanted more.

Be honest with yourself. That's all I can say about getting into this sort of thing.

Everyone has a different reaction/tolerance to opiates. With any drug you haven't used before, it's ALWAYS wise to start low and go slow. Learn what the peak dosage of oxycodone is for your body...by "peak" I mean the balance between being just enough to give you that euphoric feeling, and not so much that you become nauseous or sleepy. For me personally it was 60mg. But like I said, it's different for everyone.

I would strongly recommend against crushing/insufflating oxy. Yes, it's true you will feel the "high" much quicker via insufflation (within a few minutes) as opposed to swallowing the tablet (about 20 minutes), but significantly less of the drug is absorbed in your sinuses/nasal cavity than it is in your stomach. Basically, the pills are designed for dissolving in your stomach...not in your nose. If you snort oxy, the effectiveness of the drug will wear off much quicker than if you swallow it.

Another thing which is very important to remember: Percocet comes with both oxy and Tylenol (acetaminophen) in it. A 10/325 tablet has 10mg of oxy and 325mg of Tylenol. Taking more than about 1000mg of Tylenol during any one dose, and more than 4000mg over the course of an entire day, can lead to hepatotoxicity (liver damage) and/or cause other serious health conditions...especially if you take these doses over long periods of time.

Dude, do NOT snort oxycodone (or any other opioid for that matter). Other than that, you should have waited longer before becoming impatient. You likely ate beforehand or just experiecing a slow come up which can also be normal. For having never tried any opioids, to suddenly take 20 mg of oxy and not feel anything suggests a full stomach. If you ever take something you've never tried again, please be patient simply for your safety. Sad to hear you were sick though. Take care!