• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids first time morphine ampoules

hackedreality

Greenlighter
so I have a fairly low tolerance to oxy (20-30mg OC) and dont use opiates that often

I got a couple 10/mg/1ml ampoules

the person who sold it to me told me it can be injected IV

now the question is, what if this ampoule is meant to be injected IM and I inject it IV, can it kill me? :?

also, can I just load the liquid in a syringe and shoot it up my veins and call it a day?

what dose should I shoot?

thanks

Is there any text on the ampoules? Like name of the drug (like benadryl for diphenhydramine)? You can tell if it can be IV'd/IM'd if you know what exactly the solution inside is. I guess.

It's probably for IM use but junkies IV it for better rush :D

it just says 'morphine hydrochloride 10mg/1ml injectable solution'

is it safe to use any kind of needle?

how can I prevent air gettin into the syringe?

thanks!

Have you ever injected before? If not, I’d suggest plugging it (squirt it up your ass).

You get air out the syringe by holding it needle pointing straight up and flicking the sides so the air bubble(s) rise to the top and then press the plunger til all the air is pushed out. Pretty simple.

But if some small air bubbles remain its not going to hurt you. It takes a decent amount of air to get an air embolism.

We can’t know for sure without knowing more about it, but it is probably safe to IM/IV/SC if injectable is written on it. Don’t use more than one 10mg dose to start if you’re going to try injecting it. Are you familiar with how to properly inject stuff OP? And aware of all the risks involved?

We can’t know for sure without knowing more about it, but it is probably safe to IM/IV/SC if injectable is written on it. Don’t use more than one 10mg dose to start if you’re going to try injecting it.

Alright!

Are you familiar with how to properly inject stuff OP? And aware of all the risks involved?

No I don't know anything about that. Can you link me some good info? ;)

Have you ever injected before? If not, I’d suggest plugging it (squirt it up your ass).

You get air out the syringe by holding it needle pointing straight up and flicking the sides so the air bubble(s) rise to the top and then press the plunger til all the air is pushed out. Pretty simple.

But if some small air bubbles remain its not going to hurt you. It takes a decent amount of air to get an air embolism.

Alright thanks!

You should really wait for someone who knows better than me to answer it. According to wiki, morphine hydrochloride is acidic and is mixed with NaOH so IV use can be possible. So i guess it's not for IV use? I guess it's for subcutaneous use, which is apparently somehow different from IM and IV.

Yep morphine hydrochloride injections are for subcutaneous use according to google, which means it just goes under the skin. Maybe you have different kind of morphine hydrochloride ampoules though, i just guess and don't know anything about injecting.

Definitely don't do anything needle-related based on my guessing please :D

Well... where I live some pharmacies have trained nurses... I think I'm going to try to get it injected in one of them. :)

Are you sure you wanna start injecting opiates like that? I've heard that injecting opiates makes all other routes suck. Like popping a pill and getting pissed about not having the rush you had IV, instead of being happy :D I romanticize IV use too, seen Trainspotting like 10 times and probably will try it sometimes in the future. I think people should try all the goodness that drugs offer. But still, it's IVing opiates, you won't experience anything better after that :D Which is kinda scary :D I would probably get hooked on that pretty fast :D

So what do you mean exactly, will this drastically augment my tolerance to opiates? or are you saying theyre going to suck just in comparison? but will the same old effects of oxy remain?

eat 30mg - 3ml. If you aren't an opioid addict and don't shoot already, don't start.

One thing to consider with morphine is that its bioavailability changes drastically depending on the RoA.

Injecting or snorting oxycodone naturally makes it come on quicker and thus produce more of a "rush" than just eating the pill, but the total amount of the drug that eventually reaches your brain stays roughly the same.
Not so with morphine: Most of what is absorbed after oral administration is quickly flushed out again once it enters the liver, so bypassing the liver by plugging or injecting it will drastically increase its bioavailability.

Consequently, while oral morphine is considered somewhat weaker than oral Oxy (mg for mg), IM/IV morphine is actually going to be far stronger than oral oxycodone, and still significantly stronger than IV oxycodone.

So please take that into account should you decide on IV/IM'ing the dose (which, yeah, is something you might not want to get used to... or even start with).

If you aren't familiar with shooting it already and you're not super tolerant, which you aren't, just plug one or two of the ampules! If you absolutely must inject we can help you with vein charts and tips and whatnot, but you're really much better off not going down that road if you haven't already.

There are two reasons to inject opioids: efficiency/cost/bioavailability and RUSH. With morphine's much higher IM/IV/SC BA compared to oral, intranasal or even rectal, you'd only really want to inject it for BA reasons, but that isn't so important for you OP because you don't have a super high tolerance and 10-20mg plugged should get your well and fine without the risk of injection.

Some people get super addicted to the rush associated with injection, which is actually distinct from the opioid effects themselves. The rush, particularly with the histamine reaction of morphine or heroin, is very distinct and (can be) enjoyable, to the point where after you start liking it too much taking opioids via any other ROA won't be as good as they once were.

Perhaps that is what the earlier post was referring to.

If you aren't familiar with shooting it already and you're not super tolerant, which you aren't, just plug one or two of the ampules! If you absolutely must inject we can help you with vein charts and tips and whatnot, but you're really much better off not going down that road if you haven't already.

There are two reasons to inject opioids: efficiency/cost/bioavailability and RUSH. With morphine's much higher IM/IV/SC BA compared to oral, intranasal or even rectal, you'd only really want to inject it for BA reasons, but that isn't so important for you OP because you don't have a super high tolerance and 10-20mg plugged should get your well and fine without the risk of injection.

Some people get super addicted to the rush associated with injection, which is actually distinct from the opioid effects themselves. The rush, particularly with the histamine reaction of morphine or heroin, is very distinct and (can be) enjoyable, to the point where after you start liking it too much taking opioids via any other ROA won't be as good as they once were.

Perhaps that is what the earlier post was referring to.

Well I think I reconsidered it and I'll wait a couple months before going down this route.

But I would like to see the veins charts and tips there's too much info out there... I'm just curious at this point, thanks.

eat 30mg - 3ml. If you aren't an opioid addict and don't shoot already, don't start.

Good advice, IV use becomes a habit in itself and most people who start end up with that as their go-to.

My usualy ROA for smack was to take an oral syringe (the ones with no needle attachment, pharmacies give them out for free in my area) and melt the tip of it/poke a pin hole in it so that it squirts a mist. Use that to draw up the desolved drug through some cotton and proceed to squirt it up my nose.

It hits quicker then just snorting a line and that turned into my go-to, so much so that whenever i hit up the CVS the pharmacist would ask me how my cats are doing because that was my excuse for picking them up weekly

"Oh you know, my cats chew these things up constantly.. Hyuk Hyuk Hyuk!"