• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc First time meth use

methamphetamines

Greenlighter
not sure what prefix to put this under, so sorry if its wrong!
I snorted my first line since my friend had some on her, and its been two days and I kinda want to do it again. it's not like a nagging feeling like not having a cigarette after not smoking for a few days, but I feel like maybe I want to start using it every once in a while.
I know it causes weight loss, and I was thinking that maybe I could use it to get to my desired weight, then stop. I have the will power to stop.
Will I gain the weight back quickly? I have a fairly healthy diet, but because of genetics I'm severely over weight.

So all in all, can i use it for some time then quit without ending up looking like shit? I've got a hella cute face that i'd like to keep. ;)

Well it doesn't work like that.. you think you have the will power, until you end up addicted to it. I smoked meth for the first time a few weeks ago and lost about 5 pounds that day and it's stayed off but you can't just use meth to lose weight, you have to eat right afterwards and exercise or you will just gain everything back. And if you use it enough, you'll end up looking like shit no matter what. I saw a change in myself just after that one use and it took about a week to go back to normal. Also, it's extremely dangerous to use meth often in general, especially just to lose weight, you'll end up having a heart attack or just fucking yourself up in a different way. I wish I could've worded this better (sorry lol) but to answer your question.. Yes, you will end up looking like shit. Just stick to using meth maybe once a month as the occasional boost like I'm going to start doing but also keep eating healthy and exercise (don't exercise while on it, it'll speed up your heart even more than it's already going which you don't want. I could see my chest moving from how fast my heart was going all week afterwards lol)
You should also consider smoking it instead.. it's a lot more fun than snorting. :p

i'm able to shoot meth like once every two months sometimes less

^^^like reptalianbitch said Every addict says they can control it. I mean 99.9 percent of addicts have said at the beginning I will control my use I won't end up like the person living on the streets broke and high. But eh fact of the matter is sure you may be able to play with it for a while but your playing with fire and you know what they say when you play with fire your gonna get burned Its only a matter of time.

Each time a drug like Meth or heroin gets introduced to the brain the chance that the brain is going to develop a phycological/physical addiction increases until it re-wires the brain into an addict brain by constantly going through the cycle of
-Do drugs get high feel happy no worrys
-No drugs equal depressed, low Self esteem.
Once your brain is re wired into an addict brain it will stay that way for as long as you live. Every time you ingest the substance of choice even after periods of sobriety you will be susceptible to falling into the trap of addiction and becoming dependent on it.

I know you will probably do what you do though and I can't stop you from doing drugs most people need to learn this for themselves before they can understand addiction can happen to anybody despite their will power. I've known so many good decent honest hard working people who always had plenty of will power with alcohol and pot and things like that but one time got introduced to cocaine or Meth or heroin and they slowly but surely turned into lying, theiving junkies that would steal from their mother and don't care how many times they take from there friends and family to get the next fix. I've seen so many friends you never would have thought would turn out that way but did including me I was lucky enough to get a grip on my life again and survive almost a decade of the risky life as a heroin cocaine and meth addict, many good men I know have not been so lucky.

Using meth twice is not going to alter your looks.. ha. You're fine.

If you continue to use it over the long term, that can start to happen, along with a host of other shitty side effects. And, of course you want to do it again.. it's one of the most addictive drugs on the planet for a reason..

If I had a nickel for every time I heard people say they were only going to try methamphetamine just a couple times, that they're just experimenting, I would be typing this from my private island after having checked the latest increase in my trillion dollar company's stock rising.

If I had a nickel for every time I saw people stick to that, I doubt I could afford a damn thing at the 99 cent store.

^^ haha it's true.

Nobody willingly decides to get addicted to a substance. Not a single person has ever woke up and decided "Today is the day I get addicted to meth". It's something that's totally beyond most peoples control but there's always the illusion that the user feels they're in control. It's the reason why there are millions of drug addicted people in the world and an entire industry aimed at treating addictions. If you have the will power to stop, why do you need to do it again so soon? why is it so important? There are MUCH healthier and better ways of losing weight. If you really want to test your will power then I suggest you go to the gym instead. Self medicating with meth is almost a sure way to get addicted.

By the way, methamphetamine makes you lose weight alright, but not the kind of way that makes one any more attractive than prior to abusing it for weight loss. It's the kind of weight that makes people wonder if you're body is functioning correctly.

Methamphetamine makes people look like they are aging way faster than normal. If you have a cute face and want to keep it that way, then I would recommend avoiding developing a methamphetamine habit.

Sure, the high is incredible though to me anyway. But if you, like me, already resemble the cook from 'Breaking Bad,' then go for it!

Stop while you are ahead. It's all downhill from that first high. There are THOUSANDS of testimonials/stories/bad trip reports to bac this up. You tried it once, you arent fiending, but a second time will become a third will become an addiction, and no matter how intelligent or reserved you are, it will happen MANY more times than not. Arrogance about meth will put you in a bad place. I hope you have kick ass dental insurance, that shit rots your teeth badly. Not to mention ages you rapidly.

Blaming genetics is an excuse. If you track your calories and do exercise you will lose weight if you stick to it. Eating healthy will not make you lose weight. I could eat whole foods for a month, work out 2 hours a day, and will still gain weight if I'm taking in more calories than expending them.

To put it bluntly, and unfortunately seemingly rudely, if you don't have the will power to control/track food intake you do not have the will power to stop a meth addiction.

Ya.... Not a great idea to use meth As a weight loss method. I used for about 6 months when I was just out of high school and was able to just put it down overnight. I like it but didn't love it. I used it to party and paint at night (I was heavily into graffiti and painting pieces). After that short of time a friend of mine completely lost it mentally. Paranoia like crazy. He was using heavier then I. It will get you though. Trust me

Meth does a handful of things for weight loss. First off it suppresses your appetite like a mofo which can help and also hurt depending on how you're implementing it. Second off it increases your whole metabolism, and thirdly it actually creates a hormonal/chemical environment in the body to increase the amount of fat the body burns as opposed to other sources of fuel, it also is a diuretic and puts more subcutaneous fat into the blood meaning you pee out more fat while you're on it.

With the appetite suppression, the best way to implement this to get leaner and lose weight is to do a 24 hour fast where you eat nothing once a week. No more than a once every 7 days and no more than 24 hours. This has numerous health benefits, increases your metabolism, increases fat metabolism, lowers blood triglycerides and cholesterol and purifies the body's tissues. Don't go for days on end not eating when you're tweaking, that'll slow down your metabolism and is bad news for other reasons. As for your face, first off you should realize that all the "just once" ads are fucking retarded... I've dealt with a lot of methheads and you rarely see anything, like... anything, on that level. Methheads look fucked up like that when they live a shitty lifestyle where they dont sleep enough or eat enough and don;t care about anything but meth so they don't take care of themselves. Don't go over the deep end and you'll be fine, especially for short term use, people start to look like those ads after like 6+ years of heavy addiction... "Meth-mouth" is a product of dehydration causing a lack of saliva, poor hygenic practices, and poor diet that is common in methheads. Drink some fuckin water and don't turn into a homeless meth junkie and you'll be fine...

As for everyone's "Bleehhhh you'll get addicted no matter what, how dare you say you think you can control yourself, Juuuust Oooncee", seriously people guess what, everyone's different and even though you obviously take the religion of drug propaganda very seriously, the simple fact of the matter is that this is the real world and extreme absolute generalizations about drugs are just as retarded as absolute generalizations about anything else... grow a fucking brain...

In my personal experience meth isn't really that hard to put down, it's more of a binge drug, it gets old.

also, i dont know why this is but it seems that meth and most drugs age woman more severly than men. It really takes the physical appearance down. Not sayin that men look fantastic either but seems, to me, at least that the women are more effected by it physically.

My last rehab i was in had a womans home and you could really see how the drugs just ripped them up. But they were some of the nicest and most compassionate woman ive met. that superfical shit doesnt matter in there and you see people for who they are on the inside.

Sweet Jesus,
You sound young and naive as hell.
Now don't take that as an insult,
the two go together.

We where all there at one point.
This drug...
Is in a class of drugs that ask the question...
"Are humans meant to have this kind of power?"
It's not safe, Physically corroding and if you can find
one person who has been able to control it.
(actual proof of someone who uses meth medicinally
to supplement there life without abusing and destroying)
I will be truly amazed.

Theres better drugs out there, ones that will actualy leave you feeling better the next day, instead of worse.. or still awake.