• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First time mescaline and 2C-B questions?

Dozamon

Greenlighter
I've never done mescaline before, and I'm looking for some advice.

I've done 2C-B by itself twice (20mg first time, 30mg second time). My roommate and I were planning on doing 350mg of mescaline for our first time on Saturday. Our dealer didn't have enough and instead gave us two 250mg doses of mescaline and two 20mg doses of 2C-B to take a couple hours after the mescaline if we weren't feeling the effects enough.

I still bought them both, but is 250mg worth it as a first experience? I know many factors go into it, but could we have a decent trip with this amount? If we did decide to combine it with 2C-B, do these two play nicely together? Any experiences/tips? We also have shrooms and acid lying around that we could do instead if we opted to wait for more mescaline.

Roommate and I are clearly both newbies in this area, so any advice at all is appreciated!

I've never done mescaline before, and I'm looking for some advice.

I've done 2C-B by itself twice (20mg first time, 30mg second time). My roommate and I were planning on doing 350mg of mescaline for our first time on Saturday. Our dealer didn't have enough and instead gave us two 250mg doses of mescaline and two 20mg doses of 2C-B to take a couple hours after the mescaline if we weren't feeling the effects enough.

I still bought them both, but is 250mg worth it as a first experience? I know many factors go into it, but could we have a decent trip with this amount? If we did decide to combine it with 2C-B, do these two play nicely together? Any experiences/tips? We also have shrooms and acid lying around that we could do instead if we opted to wait for more mescaline.

Roommate and I are clearly both newbies in this area, so any advice at all is appreciated!
There is no ideal dosage. Everyone is different. If you're not happy with the effects you can always get more later. Better than taking too much and losing your mind.

My first time I took 500mg and tripped soo hard lmao..there was this John Lennon poster on the wall...every time I'd look at him, he'd look away. I also smoked a bit of weed and took a few grams of shrooms that night..I ended up hiding under my friends bed with him lol

Dude, these kinds of psychedelics, they will amaze you. Take a lot. you want a trip not just a grimey half-swirly mess. a lot of people waste a lot of good drugs by dosing them way too low.

Are you sure it's mescaline? What's it look like?

My first time I took 500mg and tripped soo hard lmao..there was this John Lennon poster on the wall...every time I'd look at him, he'd look away. I also smoked a bit of weed and took a few grams of shrooms that night..I ended up hiding under my friends bed with him lol

That's very unusual - to put it in perspective, Aldous Huxley took his first trip when he was an old age pensioner and managed fine on 400mg of mescaline. Mescaline is by far the gentlest and most unlikely psychedelic to overwhelm anyone.

Dude, these kinds of psychedelics, they will amaze you. Take a lot. you want a trip not just a grimey half-swirly mess. a lot of people waste a lot of good drugs by dosing them way too low.

I don't think this is safe advice - especially when we are talking about phen psychedelics with doses in the hundreds of milligrams (mescaline).
Allergy testing (ie initial under-dosing) is highly advisable, as you wouldn't want to take 250mg of any of the 2C-x drugs (for example).
While i tend to agree that not having quite enough of a psychedelic dose can be fairly unpleasant, for the sake of reducing harm it is really not a good idea to be too gung-ho with drugs like this.

You need to be absolutely sure it is mescaline, or at least fits the dosage profile.

That's very unusual - to put it in perspective, Aldous Huxley took his first trip when he was an old age pensioner and managed fine on 400mg of mescaline. Mescaline is by far the gentlest and most unlikely psychedelic to overwhelm anyone.
Well.. it and the shrooms were bought from some random dude we had just met.

search

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's good mescaline, like extracted very well or even synthesised, 250mg should be a decent dose. I've had enjoyable (though certainly not strong) trips on 150mg. Good mescaline is active at pretty low dosages but it just has a very shallow dose response curve, so going from 150-300 is maybe like going from say 16-22mg of 2C-B, if that makes sense? It's been my experience anyway. So what I'm trying to say ultimately is that 250mg should be enjoyable and have decent effects if it's strong mescaline but taking up to even 450mg should still be enjoyable without having to worry about tripping out too much like you might when increasing doses of LSD or mushrooms by that factor

Did you miss the part where he said he took a few grams of shrooms on top of the 500mg mescaline and smoking weed? That could easily overwhelm anybody

By the way, mescaline is far too beautiful to waste in combination with a RC like 2CB. If you are simply trying to get "fucked up" then I suppose go for it. If you are trying to experience mescaline, don't waste your time with 2cb... Please don't.

By the way, mescaline is far too beautiful to waste in combination with a RC like 2CB. If you are simply trying to get "fucked up" then I suppose go for it. If you are trying to experience mescaline, don't waste your time with 2cb... Please don't.

so are you one of those people who thinks that a non-synthetic substance is better than a synthetic one just because?

so are you one of those people who thinks that a non-synthetic substance is better than a synthetic one just because?

Not necessarily, I love alprazolam, diazepam, and mitazolam. But I tend to be sketched out by drugs with zero research done on the long term effects from human use. There have been studies done indicating no long term damage from mescaline use by native Americans

Not so much a natural vs. synthetic thing but I really wouldn't advise combining those two, mescaline is a very 'special' (don't know how else to put it) feeling psychedelic and I don't think it necessarily needs anything else thrown in there, especially not for your first time.

Not so much a natural vs. synthetic thing but I really wouldn't advise combining those two, mescaline is a very 'special' (don't know how else to put it) feeling psychedelic and I don't think it necessarily needs anything else thrown in there, especially not for your first time.

Thank you! That is all I was trying to say. Mescaline is the most 'special' drug out there IMO. Respect mescalito and you will receive respect back

I agree with you 100% 500mg was powerful yet extremely subtle and is the only drug on which I was able to communicate fairly well. 1 gram of mescaline most definitely can be life shattering but overwhelming too. That was a trip in which almost destroyed me for a couple days afterwards until I learned to deal with what I had learned.

Not sure about the mescalito thing - as far as I remember "mescalito" was something Castanada made up to try and claim he wasn't as clueless as he was. I seem to remember he claimed to have "smoken" mushrooms (he was so fucking clueless he thought you smoked mushrooms like you smoke pot)

Yes, combining psychedelics can mask the magical beauty of what you've taken & what it's giving back, especially Mescalito. (1st times above all not a good idea to be mixing: it's difficult to trace what caused any reaction, good/bad). I'm not against synthetic psyches, but know your source or better test as well. Mescaline has a full chalice of experience that 's best left it's own space/Spirit.

LD-50 ratio for mescaline is about 24:1...

Thank you! That is all I was trying to say. Mescaline is the most 'special' drug out there IMO. Respect mescalito and you will receive respect back

Yes, respect can't be understated imo. Plant entheogens seem to have a what Rupert Sheldrake calls the "morpho-genetic field", which is to say, sacred plants with a history of human use have a developed a Spirit that we can create relationships with, Mother Ayahuasca a famous example. In respecting psychedelic plants & substances you'll get the most out of your experience especially if spiritual growth is part of your tripping agenda. Some say a short mantra to the plant/molecule as one ingests. Enjoy.