• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

First time MDMA (low dose, odd experience)

Stringer_Bell

Bluelighter
Am in Las Vegas for <<event X>> which starts tomorrow (it's thursday when I'm posting this, <<event X>> starts on Friday 19th June).

I got some pure MDMA. I know it's pure because I tested it and it passed every one of the tests with flying colours (four different tests). Also I know that people using this stuff have had an amazing time with it. For the purposes of this thread I would really appreciate if you just assume it is pure. Otherwise this could turn into a back and forth about where I got something that isn't actually MDMA. I appreciate that gas chromotography is the only way I could be 100% sure but I am very confident that this is MDMA, so please indulge me.

I took a low dose, maybe 40mg. It is my first time and I didn't want to take a 'normal' dose because I was scared and wanted to make sure I'd be ok. Some people on this board had advised me in a previous thread that taking a low dose was pointless and may actually be unpleasant, in a way that taking a dose of, say, 100mg wouldn't be.

Well, they were right. The effects have been unpleasant but not horribly so and I haven't had any positive effects from it. No euphoria at all, no energy (actually i feel sluggish), mild anxiety and just feeling overall blehh. Pupils are quite big.

I know you're not supposed to roll more than once every couple of months, at leas, but this has done nothing, so I'm intending to take a proper dose (100mg) at <<event X>> and will hopefully see why this drug is so raved (no pun intended) about.

I have taken prescription Dexamfetamine many times and it has always been far more powerful than this (energy, euphoria, sociability).

Does this account sound plausible? I'm sure some people will say this isn't MDMA but I would reiterate that the tests were unequivocal.

Last edited by a moderator:
You took 40mg what did you expect?? Even assuming its pure mdma (which you shouldn't) That's half an enjoyable dose if not less.
I bet when you took the dex it was an active dose and that should explain why it did more for you.... it was an actual dose.

I honestly wouldn't have wasted the mdma with 40 mg test dose (Especially the night before <<event X>>) as you seem to be some what knowledgeable about the drug so you know it wasn't enough and that you shouldn't be taking more this weekend.
With that said try taking 120mg and see if you understand.

You took 40mg what did you expect?? Even assuming its pure mdma (which you shouldn't) That's half an enjoyable dose if not less.
I bet when you took the dex it was an active dose and that should explain why it did more for you.... it was an actual dose.

I honestly wouldn't have wasted the mdma with 40 mg test dose (Especially the night before <<event X>>) as you seem to be some what knowledgeable about the drug so you know it wasn't enough and that you shouldn't be taking more this weekend.
With that said try taking 120mg and see if you understand.

You're totally right. And I was stupid for taking the 40mg. I've had a bit of a fear of drugs since a bad LSD experience a loooooong time ago so I wanted to make sure that nothing bad would happen before taking a 'proper' dose. My logic is messed up, I know.

I'm not at all surprised by the experience 40mg has given me, my subject header for this thread was misleading, you're right, it's not an odd experience at all, it's a perfectly understandable one. My main point was to reaffirm what others have advised, that low dose MDMA is just pointless. And yes, with dexamfetamine, I always took a proper dose (between 20mg - 60mg). The equivalent would have been taking 2.5mg, which would do absolutely nothing.

Will update this thread after Saturday, once I've taken a reasonable dose.

I made this mistake on my first time too man, MDMA was the first thing I tried after weed and I was scared. Felt disgusting for the rest of the day and couldn't think. Four weeks later I ate 120mg's and had the experience.

I would advice waiting as long as you can before your first MDMA experience so there's no chance of any tolerance / depleted serotonin. And take care of set and setting for your 1st time, for me hanging out with my friends / gf is the ideal setting for rolling but other people prefer parties etc.

I hope you have a great experience man! :)

edit. See if you can get your hands on some 2c-b. Ingest 5-15mg as soon as you feel the MDMA magic going away, this completely transforms the comedown into something beautiful and can be better than the actual peak. Sex can be impossible when rolling but after 2c-b I can go for hours, definitely get some if you're rolling with someone to try this with.

Last edited:
I made this mistake on my first time too man, MDMA was the first thing I tried after weed and I was scared. Felt disgusting for the rest of the day and couldn't think. Four weeks later I ate 120mg's and had the experience.

I would advice waiting as long as you can before your first MDMA experience so there's no chance of any tolerance / depleted serotonin. And take care of set and setting for your 1st time, for me hanging out with my friends / gf is the ideal setting for rolling but other people prefer parties etc.

I hope you have a great experience man! :)

edit. See if you can get your hands on some 2c-b. Ingest 5-15mg as soon as you feel the MDMA magic going away, this completely transforms the comedown into something beautiful and can be better than the actual peak. Sex can be impossible when rolling but after 2c-b I can go for hours, definitely get some if you're rolling with someone to try this with.

Thanks a lot man, yeah this is exactly how i felt. Just disgusting and brain fog. Wasn't nice. The only good thing is I woke up with a perfectly normal mood. Ideally I would wait a good while as you suggest but <<event X>> is just three days so I'm going to have to take it either today or tomorrow. Bit worried about it because I know it's not the best thing but am hoping it will still be ok. Unfortunately I can't get hold of 2c-b.

One question though, if I'm anxious is it worth taking a couple of (0.4mg) Xanax an hour or so before taking the MDMA?

No way. That'll just dull the roll. Maybe have a drink or 2?

One question though, if I'm anxious is it worth taking a couple of (0.4mg) Xanax an hour or so before taking the MDMA?

i'd rather recommend taking xanax when the mdma has already hit (at least 1h after dropping) and you're for some reason still anxious instead of rolling properly. taking xanax before the mdma can dull the roll and you don't want that :)

I have taken prescription Dexamfetamine many times and it has always been far more powerful than this (energy, euphoria, sociability).
:D. that reminds me of my first (real) time with mdma. after half a pill i felt just enhancement of touch, slightly increased energy (could have been placebo) and a slight dizzyness. i said to the experienced roller i was with "yeah, mdma is quite ok, but i like amphetamine much more with all the energy, ...". his response was "take the other half". needless to say, i was in for a surprise ;)

Thanks a lot man, yeah this is exactly how i felt. Just disgusting and brain fog. Wasn't nice. The only good thing is I woke up with a perfectly normal mood. Ideally I would wait a good while as you suggest but <<event X>> is just three days so I'm going to have to take it either today or tomorrow. Bit worried about it because I know it's not the best thing but am hoping it will still be ok. Unfortunately I can't get hold of 2c-b.

No, don't take xanax before, it will completely kill your roll and you won't really experience it, they use benzos to bring people down off stimulant ODs. Save the xanax for if you cant sleep when you comedown, works a treat (although ive only used valium not xanax for this but I assume it would be similar).

If you're too anxious before, don't do it BUT I used to get somewhat anxious (intense butterflies, worrying about anything going wrong etc...) for the first 10 or so times before I dropped MD and it would disappear as soon as I came up and I'd have what you're looking to experience.

Repeating it so soon after you're experience with 40mg most likely won't do anything to harm you just this once, but do not make a habit of it. My golden rule is no more than once every 3 months. My guess is that doing 40mg didn't use up that much serotonin so you should still get a decent role, but I may be wrong :p

No problem, I'm sure you'll have a blast!

Save the Xanax for sleeping or the next day. You'll probably be feeling so warm and open there's very little risk for anxiety unless you overdose. I've never heard anyone getting anxious while rolling so no worries man! :) Take 100-150mg depending on your weight, I'm around 70kg (155 lb) and I usually take 120mg + 60mg redose 1-1½ hours in, 100mg if I plug it.

Have a great night and remember to drink plenty of water! :)

Thank you all SO much for the replies. Am sincerely grateful.

Ok great, i'm going to have the Xanax with me but just as a 'Break glass in the case of emergency' type situation. i WON'T take it before the roll.

I think my seratonin is probably fine. Felt absolutely normal this morning.

Ok, here we go! Will report back.

Thanks all!!!!!

Guys, please take care not to mention event names where you will be taking drugs or have taken drugs. I have edited out all occurrences. This is not allowed to protect both you and the event promotors as per the forum rules. I have nothing further to add, everyone already provided great responses :D

Last edited:
Guys, please take care not to mention event names where you will be taking drugs or have taken drugs. I have edited out all occurrences. This is not allowed to protect both you and the event promotors as per the forum rules. I have nothing further to add, everyone already provided great responses :D

So sorry Bluebull. I had actually been made aware of this but forgot it in the excitement of the particular EDM event I was talking about.

I thought I'd report back.

I went to the EDM event on Friday. Earlier in the day I'd done a couple of lines of coke (only my second time ever). I should stress that I don't take illegal drugs in my 'normal' life. The only illegal drug I'd taken before last week in about 20 years was coke (once). Before that I did a lot of acid and smoked dope regularly. Although this post is about MDMA I might as well say that the coke was absolutely amazing....... for about 20 mins, lol. I fell in love after my first line, thought I'd found my DOC for life but then realised 20 mins later (when the depression already started to hit) that coke wasn't going to be the drug for me.

I took 100mg of MDMA at around 11:30pm on Friday, when I arrived at the event. Was really anxious because the event was so overwhelming. However I didn't have a hard come up or anything. I could feel the effects of the drug but it was really mild. I had another 100mg capsule but didn't want to take the whole thing so I tipped about half the contents out and swallowed the capsule. So my overall dose should have been about 150mg. I'll say again that this is MDMA that I had tested and had come out as 'pure'.

Nothing much happened. I felt quite good at times but it was pretty mild. No overwhelming euphoria, no teeth clenching, no heightened empathy.

I can only think that the 40mg 'test dose' I had taken on Thursday, dulled the Friday night experience. There was no intensity to it. I actually had another MDMA pill (orange TESLA obtained from a different source) which I could have taken on Saturday but I ended up doing quite a lot of blow on Saturday then having a huge and terrifying panic attack on the way to the event. So, after taking a couple of Xanax to calm down, I decided not to take anything else.

I feel like I still haven't had the amazing full on MDMA experience. I still want to but have no idea how to source it in the UK. I'm sure I'll find a way but will wait a couple of months anyway.

The panic attack I had was terrifying at the time and is just really annoying now. I like drugs (occasionally) and want to be able to do them occasionally without ending up feeling like I'm about to die at any minute. I still don't know if the panic was all in my head or whether I was actually at risk. I kept telling my girlfriend I was about to die (this was about 2 hours after my last line of coke). I was stuck in bumper to bumper traffic, otherwise I would have driven straight to the nearest hospital.

Have also had pretty crushing depression since Sunday. I used to be built for drugs as a teenager. No panic, no rebound anxiety or depression, recovered quickly, etc. Then I had a terrible LSD experience and have suffered from anxiety/depression ever since. I don't want to never do drugs again, I find them too fun and interesting. But I hate all the things that go with them.

Sorry for the long post. I just flew back to the UK and am half awake and half asleep!

You had coke AND MDMA the same day? You probably wasted the MDMA, and only got the comedown and neurotoxicity... they are the opposite. One raises what the other lowers, so they negate each other, specially if you took coke first. Please read a bit when you mix drugs :)

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/531338-Cocaine-And-MDMA

Thanks nightelf. I had never planned to mix but I got a bit stupidly excited being in the city where the event is held (not sure if I'm allowed to name it, lol, but it's a party city), got some really good blow and really wanted to try it so..........

Basically I completedly f**ked up my first time MDMA experience. I'm going to wait 3 months then do it properly next time.

I think everyone already answered sufficiently. About the event names: vague references are fine, just no specific naming of events. Don't worry about it, shit happens, that's why I have an edit button :D