Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

First time MDMA horror

Deltronpedro

Bluelighter
Hi all,
first of all: Excuse my bad english. I hope you can unterstand the core of my post, because I could really use some help now.
On the 8th of Juni i joined a festival with my buddies and we were drinking a lots of alcohol, i got about 10 beer i think, but i don't really know it anymore....who cares...
Later that evening a friend of mine gave me a pill (Chupa Chups Red ~130mg) and i dropped it - this had to be told to me afterwards, cause I couldn't remind anything.
The evening was pretty fucked up, because it was clearly too much for me and i did not felt great, rather more overstrained, but as I said, can't remind that much.
The next 2 days were quite normal. I had a little hang over made by the alcohol, i thougt.
Then it happened:
On the 11th of Juni, three days after i dropped the pill something strange suddenly overcame me. I felt anxious, reality became distant(felt/feels like I am in a theater setting), depressions overwhelmed me and i started to cry, even if there was no reason to.
After the following week, i told my family and my girlfriend, they supported me and I gladly got a appointment at a neurologist. He checked my brain and told me it's not damaged, and i got prescription for neuroleptic drugs called Sulpirid. After another week of waiting and wishing i started taking it, because the symptoms didnt get better. Now, after week 5 the symptoms are still present, it feels like its a bit better now, but i cant say, if its the neuroleptic or an other reason. But the moment when the Depression "impacts" again and again is absolutely horrifying. I don't know what to do anymore...
Did someone of you heard of anyone you got through such a miserable time, or got to know it on its own?
I hope someone can help me.
Thanks for reading!

PS: Im smoking pott since 6 years now, till that "accident happened". If i smoke now and a panicattack hits me, im getting very anxious nad confused, so i didnt smoke anything for 4 weeks now.

Last edited by a moderator:
you shouldnt ever mix mdma with alcohol because you will have blackout and wont remember you night plus it makes the comedown what your feeling alot worse which is probably why your feeling like this all you have to do is get off that shit your doctors giving you eat healthy work out and just go outside dont smoke cannabis or anything for 3 months and you'll be back mate hope the best for you ;)

you shouldnt ever mix mdma with alcohol because you will have blackout and wont remember you night plus it makes the comedown what your feeling alot worse which is probably why your feeling like this all you have to do is get off that shit your doctors giving you eat healthy work out and just go outside dont smoke cannabis or anything for 3 months and you'll be back mate hope the best for you ;)

Thanks for your answer!
Feels good to hear :)
I thought the same about cannabis, Im drinking no alcohol also, everything that could support these feelings is banned.
I was a bit affraid of discontinuing the drug, because i had to do exams, but after this week, theyre done, so i will try it without them.

:) this makes me happy to see that my post has helped you in some way just remember keep your head up and go to the gym :) eat good foods pig out somtimes treat yourself to things in life

Hi there, It's fairly normal to get a crash a few days after taking MDMA / Pills - if you had a blackout caused by mixing substances then this feeling of dread, anxiety etc is even more pronounced as you simply do not know where you were / what you were doing etc.

Some people can experience a bad comedown that lasts a lot longer than most, I know it's easier to say than do but not thinking about it is usually the easiest way to move forward with this. If you look at the side effects that are listed with Sulprid, these could be what your actually feeling (anxiety, dizziness, restlessness etc). How long have you been advised to stay on this medication?

I'm sure when the mod of this section reads your post it will be moved over to the MDMA discussion section where you will get a few more replies.

Good Luck,

Bear

Hi Bearlove,
thanks for your answer, that sounds conclusive.
I always try to think positive when it hits me, but because i did not know(and now one could roughly told me whats going on with me) i lost my self everytime it started. It helps a lot to hear that someone knows my problem allready. :)
The doc says i have to take it for 2 more months and then we'll have to look if we can discontinue it, but the doctor hat not a hunch for my anxious and depressious condition caused by a pill. He thought i just freaked out - so it appealed to me.

Obviously I can only talk from my experience (started Ecstasy in the 80's) - I have seen this happen to a lot of people, read about it so many times and had it happen to myself on occasion. I think it's the same with any, for want of a better word traumatic, experience - when you think about it at a later date the feelings associated with the event may reoccur (anxiety, depression, anger etc). I don't think its a chemical change that happened due to you ingesting a pill, more about that your anxious about losing x amount of hours where you just have no memory of at a public event.

If you were with friends, letting them tell you about the night, what you all did etc can really help maybe filling in the blanks. You know that you were with your buddies so nothing bad happened so that should give you a bit of comfort. After that it just takes a bit of time.

I'm sure that if you just give it a bit of time, don't stress yourself out over it, look after yourself and maybe give the drugs a miss you will be fine. Don't forget about the side effects of the tablets, read how they could be making you feel - don't get the confusion that they can cause confused with depression etc.

Safe
Bear

Hi Bear,
it feels like a trauma yep(i already thought that to me as well), everytime i think about that night and the moment the depression started my brain crashes and i feel very anxoius, but thinking back is getting better and i can more and more be above this evening.
I will take these neuroleptics till friday, when exams are done, because Im affraid of falling back in these feelings and maybe this drugs have a placebo effect for me.(I'm still taking the acclimatization dose, because i've never wanted to take more of these "things")
Giving the drugs a miss:
I dont drink alcohol and i even dont smoke pott, as i was used to the last 5 or 6 years.
When i do it feels like the anxoius feelings are getting worse when such a phase overcomes me.

It honestly does get better, I know that at the moment you feel a bit overwhelmed by these feelings but with time you get used to the association of the event with the way your feeling. I've had a few black outs by pushing my limits with MDMA, the worst one I can remember how I felt when I came around - I still have that feeling of dread, that creeping feeling of fear but its short lasting.

(Didn't know your drug use / history and was just throwing it out there).

Just were smoking cannabis for a long time and tried acid, DMT and shrooms one time, but it never went wrong and i dont have a bad feeling about it. You are taking mdma by now again without a bad feeling?

Honestly the experience I had like yours (with MDMA) was over 15 years ago - Yeah If I think about it now (like now when I'm talking to you) I still get that weird feeling in my gut, makes me feel a bit sick and then randomly the anxiety kicks in. Just asked my partner - can you recall an event that makes you feel sick, stressed and uncomfortable - they could, they did and went through the emotions were discussing now.

I've had so many great experiences after that :) - I could pick a few of the bad experiences that I've had with MDMA/ecstasy. Two or three make me feel really uncomfortable now but I know that it was out of my control after I dropped. IF i looked back over my 20+ years of use I could pick a 'few' instances where it went really wrong. I could also bore the living daylights out of you explaining the times I've danced watching the sun set, rise, set, rise etc :D

Thanks for your answer:)
What im wondering about, is that i get these feelings without thinking about that night. Ive read a lot about MDMA post depression cause a lack of serotonin. Do you think that goes hand in hand with this traumatic feelings ?

Hey mate!
Sounds like a rough comedown! Don't worry brother, most of us have been there! As everyone has said, remain positive, eat well, rest well and exercise well. It's largely a mind over matter thing.
You should definitely purchase some 5-HTP, which you can buy at any pharmacy (no prescription needed) which should aid in replenishing your serotonin faster. In my experience, 5-HTP has not only helped in comedown recovery, but also it makes me feel happier in general and helps with sleeping. 5-HTP can give you a headache though...
Good luck, stay positive. Negative thoughts just makes everything seem worse than it is... Go watch a movie and have dinner with your girlfriend, you will feel better very soon!
-A

Its getting worse...
Yesterday i couldnt feel my hands for sometime. My skin got numb and i couldnt hear and see clear anymore.
I just want this feelings to stop

Hate to say it dude, but you should check out the long term comedown threads in here. Sounds like that is what you might be experiencing. If you had a shit load of bad symptoms about 3 days after you took it and it is lasting for days/weeks, then that is probably what is happening. You'll recover, but it is going to take months/years. Not kidding. I'm on month 6 and feeling much better, but still not all the way recovered yet.

@rphilli72: Was it the first time you dropped MDMA? If it was, what was the dosage.
Cant live with the thougt of ruining my life with just one pill..

A lot of times when people report on such a bad comedown there are added factors to consider: high alcohol consumption (like you described), combinations with other drugs (coke is one I come across a lot when reading about such comedowns), excessive redosing, way too high of a dose, untested adulterated product... to name a few

I'm not saying such a bad comedown would be impossible when you take a normal dose, no other drugs involved and not rolling too frequent, but it seems to me this is very very rare. As with any drugs you ingest there are risks, it's never 100% safe, so a bad comedown is always possible. Having said that I think the risks when sticking to the few 'rules' MDMA has are very small.

I hope you have more luck should you want to try again, but you will have to make this decision for yourself. I also hope you are back to 100% fast. All the best!

Last edited: