• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

First Time MDMA Advice

Flying_Chippmunk

Greenlighter
I have a good friend of mine who is able to get ahold of some crystalline MDMA. She has gotten product from the same source before, and assures me it is decent quality. Recently she bought an 8-ball, 3.5g **no prices**. I plan to purchase .85g. I plan to take it for the first time alone in my bedroom at night with my parents upstairs asleep. Yes I realize it is best a social drug. Yes I realize it is not a good idea to take it in that circumstances for first time. Previously I've taken shrooms on multiple occasions in my room with the parents upstairs. With proper planning and a good mindset, I've had mainly positive experiences. (First time paranoia, after that minimal paranoia) I have a few grams of decent weed on hand as well. So my questions would be:
1) What is a good starting dose? I am 6'1 and weigh 170. I've read around 100-125mg for a decent first time roll. I want to make sure I get a decent dose at the same time be able to keep my cool ....
2) with a medium dose will I need to worry about losing control. More specifically being able to sit still? I can walk around and move about, but I can't be dancing around spastically. I've taken 25i before and felt the need to move constantly, very twitchingly
3) when I dose up, will I be tempted to redose? I have pretty strong willpower, but I'd like to make sure I won't be eating it like candy once I start. After all I will probably have multiple doses on hand
4) In my previous drug use I've noticed I tend to hate the body high. Especially with shrooms, the "flowy" feeling is a little too weird for me. Whereas on 25i I get a pleasant tingly sensation all over. I'm assuming the body part of MDMA is "closer" to that of 25i, but is the body load of MDMA potentially unpleasant? Can't imagine some called Ecstasy could be very unpleasant lol.
5) How would you describe the headspace and "visuals"?
6) if I am going to take it, when would you consider the best to start? (I don't plan on sleeping afterwards lol) parents usually go to bed around 11 and I don't need be at school till 11. I was thinking about getting some shuteye from like 8pm-12am then dose.
7) Mixing weed and Molly? Good, bad? Like I mentioned before, parents upstairs so I have to be cautious smoking. If it's worth adding into the experience it's doable, if not I would rather skip. What's your experience or opinion?
8 ) Is your mind clear the next day?
---
That's all the I can think of now. Little tid bits: I've done my research, know to drink water and such. I plan to just chill out, listen to music, play video games, watch TV. Not looking for a mind blowing rave experience, just a smooth intro into the world of MDMA. Thanks! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't take it alone. And not with your parents in the house. MDMA is a great personal bonding drug. Roll with someone else also rolling. Make sure you have a safe place to let yourself free. You will find yourself wanting to wear very little clothes as you get warmer. Jump in a shower too. Weed is great when you are coming down as it boosts your body back to more rolls.

1) yeah take around 100-125mg. that should be the best dose with no harsh comedown whatsoever.
2) Medium dose meaning 100mgs? No. Not from my personal experience though. For me when I'm rolling too hard, i get a bit antsy, but its really relaxing for the most part.
3) Well you know you better than i do, so that'll all be up to you. For me, I get tempted to redose but i usually don't unless there i'm at a rave or something. But for house rolls i usually don't redose as there is no point to it. Remind yourself that there really is no point to redosing. Just smoke weed to get it back up if you're starting to come down. It helps
4) The bodyhigh on MDMA for me feels wayyy too amazing. Pure bliss. Everything feels nice. I mainly get a warm feeling in my chest. It's pretty amazing, i have no doubt you will enjoy it.
5) My mind usually wanders with thoughts with whatever im thinking about. You're just in complete peace with the world and everything around you. Everything seems so beautiful and profound and it all seems to make sense. I actually really like "visuals" on MDMA. Everything looks crystal clear and lights are really bright. LED lights in the dark would be cool to look at. I remember popping some super presses, i actually was hallucinating O_O.
6) Whenever you feel is best. If you're considering doing this all by yourself for your first time, with the worry of your parents, i wouldn't do it. Save it for some other time with some close friends that you trust and care about. It'll make it that much better
7) Mixing Weed and MDMA is the best combo in my opinion. It just makes it that much better. IMO, smoking weed before you start rolling was always the best for me hahaha. Its all personal preference though. But on the comedown, smoking weed is a MUST!!!!!!
8) From what i remember all i thought about was rolling again because it was just that amazing...(dont give in to that temptation or the consequences will catch up to you, believe me i know from personal experience:(. Brain fog, short term memory loss, difficult to concentrate, but not in extreme levels, unless you keep rolling of course 8(.

But yeah, if you're planning on dropping by yourself, i would save it for another time with best friends. you will seriously thank me later. the connections you make with people on this is amazing!!!! MDMA has created a lot of beautiful moments and memories for me that i will never forget. Have fun and be safe

No price discussion allowed here. I've edited out your post. Please check the stickied threads at the top of the forum; they contain all the answers you are seeking

Roll alone when you're home alone. You will wake up your parents because the first time you do ecstasy you will be out of control.

1. 1.5mg/kg body weight.
2. losing control is part of the fun, in fact mdma is the only drug where i find losing control enjoyable. i'd expect some loss of control at a full dose. it's best to choose your environment accordingly. chances are you're not going to look very fucked up to people, so i'd do it somewhere where that is normal.
3. yes. i always set aside a small quantity for when the urge do redose comes and keep the rest at home. with experience you'll be able to control redosing better, but in the beginning you feel amazing and if you have stuff at hand that can make you feel even more amazing or start to feel less amazing than before (coming down) you'll maybe not think twice before taking it (the ability to think logically is not something that mdma improves...)
4. the body high is absolutely enjoyable. it's not weird and flowing, it's among the best if not the best that current drugs can offer.
5. euphoric. confused, but euphoric. not confused in the sense that you cannot understand what's going on, but rather in the sense that you don't care to think too much about what's going on, because everything's alright on and there's a definite focus on sensory pleasures. at lower doses or at the beginning of the experience there are hardly any visuals. just intensification of colours, slight trails and a general change in perception i cannot describe (as with most drugs). at high doses or at the end of the experience many things can occur. glasses of people, mistaking people for someone else who looks nothing alike and those visuals look much more real than for instance those on shrooms.
6. imho on a different day in an environment with other rolling people and no one present (even in different rooms) who doesn't approve. you will be pretty exhausted after coming down and if you indeed have mdma then sleeping will be no problem. so i recommend sleeping afterwards instead of before.
7. i've never done that, nor ever felt the need to combine mdma with anything else. if it's your first time, why not try out the pure experience.
8. yes. but you'll be tired and won't want to do anything exhausting.

You will wake up your parents because the first time you do ecstasy you will be out of control.

I disagree, MDMA is pretty easy to control... it just COMPLETELY ruins the high if you have to try and act like you're not having the best fucking night of your life.

It's not like he'd be stripping naked and climbing into his parents bed to "cuddle", but you're definitely going to prefer an experience where you can turn the music as loud as you want and jump around like a fucking lunatic

I disagree, MDMA is pretty easy to control... it just COMPLETELY ruins the high if you have to try and act like you're not having the best fucking night of your life.

It's not like he'd be stripping naked and climbing into his parents bed to "cuddle", but you're definitely going to prefer an experience where you can turn the music as loud as you want and jump around like a fucking lunatic

One mistake in dosing and both would seem like a perfectly acceptable activity for that moment. I personally dosed very high on my first time (Pill mixup, I was supposed to get a 120mg pill but ended eating a 250mg pill) and doing some very bizarre things and I'm so grateful I was home alone.

Roll alone when you're home alone. You will wake up your parents because the first time you do ecstasy you will be out of control.

Its not as fun to roll alone. BTW how old is the OP? That's kinda important IMO?

I'm 17. I understand that it is best to try MDMA in a social setting. However, the only option available to me is to do it alone, unfortunately. I'm not looking for "the best night of my life" kinda experience, but just a nice introduction. I tend to use drugs for music appreciation. To be honest, that's what intrigues me the most about this drug. On a lower/moderate dose, would I (yes, I know you don't know me and everybody reacts differently) be able to just relax and enjoy the ride?

I'm 17. I understand that it is best to try MDMA in a social setting. However, the only option available to me is to do it alone, unfortunately. I'm not looking for "the best night of my life" kinda experience, but just a nice introduction. I tend to use drugs for music appreciation. To be honest, that's what intrigues me the most about this drug. On a lower/moderate dose, would I (yes, I know you don't know me and everybody reacts differently) be able to just relax and enjoy the ride?
if you just want to test the water, first (this is important) acquire a marquis reagent and make sure it's real MDMA. Second, acquire a mg scale.. or at least one that goes to the hundredth of a gram (0.01g), and measure a dose of 50 mg (0.05 g). That is approximately the threshold dose and will be controllable even for a first timer. Assuming it's pure, you should get a little buzz and begin to understand what it's about. Then if you want to dive in, go somewhere like a good friend's place who has done it before and have some fun lol

^ Why 50mg..? I'd hardly even get threshold effects at that level.

My first time was with a probably 60-75mg pill (purple Alien).. I was quite disappointed. If you're going to test the waters, why not at least see what the fuss is about? I'd aim for at LEAST 100mg, that is a very standard first timer dose that would hardly be too intense for anyone.

I really see no point in dosing under 100mg. Perhaps around 80mg if you think you'll be overly sensitive to the drug, but that much is not going to be overwhelming and will still show you why MDMA is so beloved. Also Mr. Chipmunk... if you think you can't find a better place to roll, you just aren't looking. :\ I was the same when I started doing MDMA, just taking pills by myself at home when my parents were asleep. I had some good times but looking back.. it was pretty fucking lame.

^ Why 50mg..? I'd hardly even get threshold effects at that level.

My first time was with a probably 60-75mg pill (purple Alien).. I was quite disappointed. If you're going to test the waters, why not at least see what the fuss is about? I'd aim for at LEAST 100mg, that is a very standard first timer dose that would hardly be too intense for anyone.

I really see no point in dosing under 100mg. Perhaps around 80mg if you think you'll be overly sensitive to the drug, but that much is not going to be overwhelming and will still show you why MDMA is so beloved. Also Mr. Chipmunk... if you think you can't find a better place to roll, you just aren't looking. :\ I was the same when I started doing MDMA, just taking pills by myself at home when my parents were asleep. I had some good times but looking back.. it was pretty fucking lame.

he's going to be alone at his parents and just wants a taste of the experience. My first time was probably about 50 mg and it was just a taste.. enough to appreciate music and feel good for an hour or two but not enough to last a long time or anything.

i'm not even sure if "testing the waters" even works as intended with mdma. people tend not to notice doses that don't cross the threshold, if they don't know what to expect. anyone i've been with who has had their first time mdma went from "i'm not feeling anything" (while having saucer pupils and appearing stimulated to the rest of us) to full on rolling in the blink of an eye, myself included. for my first time (i'd rather count it as zeroth time now) i split one of what later turned out to be excellent pills with a friend. we thought we felt something, but in retrospect it was nothing like a low dose of mdma, probably placebo.

it's certainly counterintuitive and i'm not sure if it's valid for everyone, but in my circle of friends we definitely noticed that our ability to feel the onset as well as small doses have slowly come when we gained more experience with mdma (not necessarily a good thing, i miss the instantanious onset a bit :) ).

^ 30 mg is the threshold... 50 is a low dose. OP insists on trying it alone @ parents' house. I wouldn't advise him to get floored or even a full experience in that situation lol.

neither would i. i'd rather recommend waiting for a better occasion. if he doesn't dose high enough to get "there", he'll probably just get a funny feeling and a bit of warmth, which is of course better than waking up the parents to tell them how much you love them and that they should also try mdma ( ;) ), but i see that turning out to be pretty disappointing.

100mg is said to be a fairly low dose... 50mg is half of a low dose.

In the spirit of compromise I say go 80mg

A high dose? Really? Moderate sure, but not high.

If you randomly selected 10 people on the street, 9 of them would be able to control 100mg with no difficulty. That dose is not going to make him do anything ridiculous, only the most highly sensitive people would be overwhelmed at 100mg.

Not to mention, the chances of his MDMA being 100% pure are fairly low. Trying to "roll" on 50mg would likely leave him disappointed and wanting to try again, soon. The next time he takes a full dose it would then have to deal with the tolerance so it wouldn't be as good as it should be.

OP, just wait until you a better opportunity opens up and find out what MDMA is really about. I say take at least 75mg, I really don't think you'll regret 100mg though. If I were you I'd REALLY want to tailor that roll to be as perfect as possible. You only get one first time.