View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First time Lucy advice

Swim47

Greenlighter
A bit about me. I have good amount of experience with mdma, shrooms, weed (daily smoker), amphetamines.

So my bro and I have started experimenting with psychedelics a few months back. For our first, time we grew a really good batch of Golden Teachers and had around 5 trips together over the past few months. Indeed, shrooms changed my world view, to the point where I can now easily understand most of my thinking processes, anxiety and depression. My depression and anxiety are gone, and I am a very happy person despite not tripping for over a month at this point.

So we are probably still gonna keep experimenting with shrooms later but that's not what this post is about.

We got our hand on 2 150ug tabs of some really high quality Lucy the other day, and we are stocked about it. It's gonna be my first time trying acid and I need some advice.

Trip sitter: We are planning to drop on a huge private farm with no chances of strangers and a lot of land. My buddy had acid ones, and he says that we don't really need a trip sitter because acid is not as confusing as shrooms can be, and you are mostly in control. My issue with that is the last time both of us tripped (shrooms lvl 4, 1/8 each), I got myself into a loop, because I couldn't stop worrying about not having a sitter that night. The loop ended relatively fast that time and I had the most pure life changing experience, that I'm endlessly grateful for. So even if you are mostly in control, do you think if the idea of not having a sitter terrified me at a moderately high dose of shrooms, the same might happen with LSD? Should we get a sitter? We were thinking about bringing our dogs with us in case there is any disturbance, they could warn us, so we just get back inside the house.

Dosage: My reasons for trying acid, is the same as with shrooms and mdma. To learn about myself, the world around me (since it's nothing like what I was taught to believe it was, and integrate my new insights into my daily sober life to improve it. So do you think 150ug will be good for those purposes for the first time?

Driving: The farm is about 1.5 hours from us. So we were thinking about getting there in the morning and dropping, so we can be drivable 12-14 hours after. We can also just spend the night at the farm. What options do you think makes more sense?

Food, snacks and conveniences: Since we will be far from stores, (and I would not wanna go into a store while tripping anyways), should i stock up on some stuff besides water and light snacks?

Other advice: If there is anything that is totally different about acid compared to shrooms, please let me know, so it doesn't surprise me too much haha.

Thank you in advance.

There is no question that certain persons have a much, much lower tolerance to psychedelics than others - it's a very individual thing. I always advise people to start small and inch forward. The main thing is having the patience to take the time necessary to discover one's own tolerance. IMHO, best to be quite deliberate in one's approach when experimenting with psychedelics.
I suggest 75ug first time out, and avoid smoking weed before/during your trip.

:)

You think 75ug will be enough for true experience? I mean i'm not new to the world of psychedelics, and normally have no problems just enjoying it and accepting all possible outcomes.

Every person will have a different tolerance to every substance. For this reason, better not to take any chance. 75ug is max for some people. IMHO, better to take your time gauging your personal tolerance to any substance. You can always do more next time, right? As my dear old dad used to say, "easy does it." (One of the few things he was right about...)

To me, psychedelics are a life-long commitment. Why not take, say, the 50-year approach? ;)

Last edited:
Every person will have a different tolerance to every substance. For this reason, better not to take any chance. 75ug is max for some people. IMHO, better to take your time gauging your personal tolerance to any substance. You can always do more next time, right? As my dear old dad used to say, "easy does it." (One of the few things he was right about...)

To me, psychedelics are a life-long commitment. Why not take, say, the 50-year approach? ;)

I really like your perspective

Take it slow, yes. In my observation with Lucy, you have about a two hour "window" to up your dosage after the first one, if needed.

First, some general advice I always give: Preferably have some benzos on hand in case things turn sour during the trip, and try not to smoke weed because that will often intensify the trip in unpredictable ways.

LSD doesn't exactly have a light headspace either ("more clear-headed than shrooms" isn't saying much, after all). I would suggest spending the night at the farm; at T+12 hours, the trip should be mostly over, but you'll likely be psychologically exhausted and may find it hard to focus on driving.

I don't think it is necessary (or even a good idea) to bring a "guard dog" - you said there is little chance of strangers appearing anyway, so you'd probably just be freaking out everytime one of the dogs start barking at a random bird or something. I mean... if cuddling and petting the dog gets you more relaxed, and there is absolutely no chance whatsoever that it might run off, then by all means take it with you, but if you're associating every bark with danger or worried about having to retrieve the dog while you're tripping balls, it can probably sit this one out.

I will listen to Mr Peabody. Do half doses and don?t mix with cannabis.

The dogs can be good companions to trip... why not?. They could teach you about instraspecies thought transference and dog language. If they are non agressive dogs I would totally go for it.

Regarding foods I would include some fresh fruit. Eating raw fruits while tripping it such a dimensional experience itself. You will want to eat only at the end of the experience and normally only non processed foods.

Come back to report your experience... Have a nice trip!

Last edited:
I really enjoy the tripsafe website for this, it is a great resource that tries to gather up a lot of good advice into one trip.

https://tripsafe.org/

My biggest tip is that being able to change the setting (change of music, lighting, room etc) is incredibly powerful to change the mood. Make sure you can do this and if you can't then plan for another occasion.

Personally I did 320ug First time ever, with a trip-sitter and out and about in the public!. In hind sight i wish i had halved that dose because it (Looking back at it) was very overwhelming and I didn't actually end up taking much of it in. I have had 60-100-150-300 and personally I find 60 not worth it. If I was going to coach a friend through their first lucy experience I would recommend 100/105/110 range. Being out on a farm is a great idea IMO especially if you feel at home-safe and at ease there, nature does wonders for trips. I have spent 90% of a trip in a single room with no windows and going outside is about 110% better. I find food to be a waste of time IME the only food I have ever enjoyed on a trip was a damn fresh apple.

TLDR: Set and Setting is the main thing and dont shoot yourself in the foot with a disappointingly low dose.
That being said it is always wise to start small, just depends on how you think you can handle it.

Happy Tripping

150ug is a good first time dose for legit LSD. Anything below 100 is going to be underwhelming for most, especially those who have experience with drugs. 150 should give you a nice starter experience on acid. Should get good visuals, nice headspace, come up shouldn't be too rough and I don't think you're at a huge risk of getting into deep loops. Some ego dissolution may occur but likely nothing too tremendous.
Definitely have some water with you (I would recommend put some pink himalayan salt/sea salt in your water for proper hydration), and as for snacks I usually like to eat "healthy" things on LSD. Processed food I can only really take near the end after some cones. Maybe make some sandwiches, get some fruits and veges. Sushi would be quite ideal. You likely won't be hungry until about 5-6hrs after dropping, and you might not feel thirsty but remind yourself to drink. I also recommend either dropping fasted or only have a light breakfast, and if possible avoid eating too much the day prior.
If you can, try to empty your bowels before the trip. You can drink some ginger, lemon and honey tea on the come up for relaxation purposes.

In terms smoking of weed, take note that it can be unpredictable. The first time I tripped I did 150ug and smoked after 6hrs and it reamplified the trip for me in an amazing and relaxed way. It can really do a lot for the visuals and music/synthasesia. On the other hand it does have the potential to boost the trip to an overwhelming state, cause extremely hectic thought loops that may lead to confusion and could potentially produce some anxiety. I find this is the case if I smoke too much too soon. Depends on a lot of other things though (strain of weed, method of ingestion, music playing, people around you). I personally love weed+acid I feel as if they were made for each-other but I hesitate to actually recommend it. Use your better judgement on this. If you do feel like you want to try some weed on-trip, wait til you feel like its settling down almost completely (6-7 hours or more after dropping), then maybe share a joint or vape a little bit and cautiously gauge it from there.

Have good music with you, and have a variety of music. Try to listen to things you might normally not. I will never EVER stop recommending Ozric Tentacles (1990 onwards). Very easy and engaging listening, light-hearted but professional and well executed. Listen to anything by these guys though and it's basically a guaranteed good trip, this shit was made for this and these guys live and breathe psychedelia and music. Up to you though.

All in all, take what I say with a grain of salt because it is impossible for one person to know how another will respond. Be prepared for anything but don't expect anything too.

I usually say less is better, but you have experience and a whole farm, and if it is a place you already know and are comfortable and trust people who are there, and unlikely to get involved with machinery, well then it is perfect, and you can do the whole 150 mic tab each and just relax far from the madding crowds.