View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First time LSD: Can't sleep

zzirgrizz

Greenlighter
So I made the mistake of taking LSD at 11:15 PM last night. It was the first time and I don't plan on doing it again but now I'm just afraid because I cannot fall asleep and haven't slept and it's 3:49 PM. Would benadryl make it possible to fall asleep or should I just wait a bit longer? I kinda just want to feel like my old self again.

Yeah, 25-50mg DPH will help you with sleep. Or Melatonin, if you have that.

And there's no reason to be afraid! What went wrong?

*EDIT*: Welcome to BL!!

Benedryl may help you calm down. If you have access to any benzodiazepines (xanax, etizolam et all....) They will be more effective. You should be fairly tired around 8 tonight. You're still a little 'squirrelly'; your brain is still in aw of what just happened. After tripping a couple of times, sleep will become easier, IME. Just relax and enjoy the afterglow. You'll be down soon enough. Did you run any reagent tests to confirm what you have?

Last edited:
It would probably be more helpful to wait it out til later at night (around 9:00-10:00pm) before popping the benadryls and trying to get some sleep (nd you might not even need the benadryls by then). Otherwise you might end up ruining your sleep schedule for the next few days/week, which will only serve to further extend the time needed to return to baseline. Not to mention put you at increased risk for nasty occurrences like sleep paralysis and such. So yeah, knock yourself out right now if absolutely you have to, but if you can hold out for a bit longer, do it.

Don't worry though, you will feel like your old self eventually -- probably as soon your brain gets a good night's rest and some time to reflect on what you just experienced. Don't expect to make sense of anything that happened in your trip right now though -- you'll have plenty of time to do that in the upcoming days/weeks. Other than that, I wish you best of luck in your return trip back to orbit :)

You'll be able to sleep fine once night arrives. That's what happens when you take LSD at night, it's nothing abnormal. After a good 18 hour rest you'll feel fine, if not amazing!

welcome to bluelight! may you return here more often

relax. its normal to not fall asleep after LSD... you ll be back to your old sleepy self come nightdown and then feel fully rested.
sorry the first time didnt go too well but dont be worried about this sleep thing

feel free to come back and share your experience, maybe it will also help

I used to be awake long after it was over when I got old it stopped now I sleep right after. I never take it late at night. You will be ok though for sure.