• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First Time LSD but i take Lithium Regularly?

Lovelyhell

Greenlighter
Im going to be doing my first time LSD this weekend but i take Lithium (3 capsules) on a daily basis. What can i expect? And if i stop taking lithium for this week will it be better and safer?

I highly suggest you do not take lsd while being treated with lithium. Even more, imo do not stop lithium to use lsd. Lithium's efficacy is dependent upon daily intake.

What do you take lithium for? Bipolar disorder?

Im going to be doing my first time LSD this weekend but i take Lithium (3 capsules) on a daily basis. What can i expect? And if i stop taking lithium for this week will it be better and safer?

Lithium is the one drug that should not under any circumstances be combined with LSD as the combination carries a high risk of seizures and states of dissociation/depersonalization/derealization.

Sorry :(
And one week might not be long enough to wash out all the lithium either (not to mention that it might not be the best idea to discontinue a mood stabilizer and take a powerful psychedelic at the same time).

Listen to Asp Chemist and Hodor! The risks are really very high up to the point that you should expect immense seizures from the combination with a psychedelic and yes many psychiatric drug efficacies depend on regular dosing, I assume you're taking it for a reason, destabilizing your regimen and state of mind and topping that off with a psychedelic trip will go so very against that reason that it virtually seems pointless to be on the drug if you're going to mess with it so much. :) Either way it is a bad reason to discontinue, whether just to trip or entirely.