• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin First time heroin user about to quit after 2 week run (smoking only) - how screwed am I?

Vlad the Inhaler

Bluelighter
Over the past 2 weeks (well, 16 days exactly) I've been smoking some #3 brown, I got a hold of online, almost every single day, bar a few. Not a huge amount, just over a gram, just doing small runs at a time. I've never had addiction issues with anything other than nicotine before, even though I've used oxys; crystal meth; and crack a number of times in the past (but always very spaced out between sessions and no more than a couple of days); and have also used a lot of codeine in the past but never binging for more than a week at a time and always large gaps between binges. Over the the past fortnight I had a day sober after one week and had zero cravings or withdrawal-like symptoms; then last Thursday I also had a day off, again no negative symptoms; and finally last Sunday I abstained again, thankfully still managing to go without any ill effects, nor cravings whilst staying at a mate's house away from my stash. Yet I still went back home and did more, even though I felt no inclination to other than that I was a bit bored and it's a great drug - "just one more blast before I call it a day" I thought.

The big question now is, am I likely to feel any withdrawal effects now that I'm quitting, as of an hour ago? I've got a load of weed and some co-codomol to help me, if so; and I will only touch the co-codomol if I absolutely have to, if I'm feeling like hell.

Rather stupidly I decided to finish the tiny bit I had left at the bottom of the bag last night even though I promised myself I would stop at exactly the 2 week mark, which then led to me starting a new bag, thinking fuck it - a little more wont hurt if tonight is my last. I'm still high now but I'm not touching anymore, the bag is back in the draw and shall remain there until I take it to a good friend today who'll look after it for me for at least a month, and under no circumstances will return it any sooner. Originally I told myself I'd use for just 2 or 3 days; then it turned into a week; then 10 days... you get the picture. Normally, I only use class A's with friends, just brief stints lasting a weekend at most, but this time I went it alone and have certainly learnt from it. Never again like this, only socially.

I've been on morphine a number of times in hospital, after surgeries, for periods of up to a fortnight in the past without any noticeable withdrawal symptoms - but I was in pretty bad shape then, generally, so maybe it just wasn't so aware with so much shit going on. I think I used that as a bit of an excuse too, to keep on using a bit longer with the heroin, convincing myself that I'd be okay with a couple of weeks light useage. I feel pretty stupid now carrying on like that, I know from reading numerous posts regarding the serious addiction others have suffered that this isn't something to fuck about with, to treat lightly, yet that's exactly what I'd started to do. This is the first time I've let myself run away like this and to be perfectly honest I'd a tad worried even though I've had no physical symptoms whatsoever, so far, whenever I haven't been high .

Last edited:
I'm still high now but I'm not touching anymore, the bag is back in the draw and shall remain there until I take it to a good friend today who'll look after it for me for at least a month, and under no circumstances will return it any sooner.

Skip this step and just go ahead and flush it.

You are at a pivotal point and at the earliest stage of opioid of addiction where you could possibly walk away from this.

Granted I've never flushed heroin, don't think i could do it. But I'm an opioid addict. Do you really want to join that club 🤯

I feel like the first experience of feeling actual physical opioid withdrawal symptoms is what solidifies one as a life-long opioid addict.

No, you shouldn't experience withdrawals, a seasoned addict would probably get withdrawals from 2 weeks use but you should get off for nothing. You might feel some very slight withdrawals but probably not enough to notice.

This is a very slippery slope though, if you have regular access to heroin and you keep doing the odd two week binge, eventually you'll get addicted either physically, mentally, or both. I did the same thing with opiate pills instead of heroin, there was only enough supply for, at max, a week and a half of getting high every day. I used them in a very specific way to avoid tolerance, so I thought I was safe.

But eventually there were enough assorted opiates around to keep me satiated and then I began the very gradual slide into a full on, every day, I have to have it or else, it's not even getting me high anymore addiction.

They are insidious. Opioids will, in an incredibly exponential fashion, fuck your life up. I'm not judging btw, just trying to caution people who're on the edge of a serious addiction, it doesn't play out like you think it will. I didn't listen to the advise of others and now i'm paying the price.

There is my anti opiate spiel, tune in next week where I praise opiates in over romanticized words. But seriously, opiates are not your ally unless you fall into the category of someone suffering chronic pain. Using for fun or to fix depression/mental illness never leads anywhere good.

Last edited:
You should be fine mate. Just try not to think about it too much.
Morning..I have snrtd my heroin for yrs now but I'm pretty bored with it and really only get slightly high from it, unless it's off the hook! So I tried it in a different way... I tried foil and it didn't work well for me..I tried it in a glass pipe with chore and I got pretty decent hits from it and felt it way more than I did from snrtng it and was just wondering if u have advice on the best way to get the best high from heating it?

Morning..I have snrtd my heroin for yrs now but I'm pretty bored with it and really only get slightly high from it, unless it's off the hook! So I tried it in a different way... I tried foil and it didn't work well for me..I tried it in a glass pipe with chore and I got pretty decent hits from it and felt it way more than I did from snrtng it and was just wondering if u have advice on the best way to get the best high from heating it?

Don't smoke it directly like you would crack.

Heat it indirectly. Usually off if foil. Probably safer to smoke it out of glass, such as one of those glass "dab rigs" used to smoke cannabis concentrates.

As far as current wds from two ( the fisrt two?) weeks of h use, you will be fine.

If we speak of potential life- fucking, life- long harm you could expect from h- opi use, you are not.

You'll be fine.

I hate to be a dick... I'm being a dick right now... but this probably will be a long run of love-hate affair with opiates. Your withdrawal will be noticeable slightly but benign. I wish I could see to never look back and leave it for good... but opiates are a feeling that live with us for the rest of our lives sober or not. I hope the best for you.

Skip this step and just go ahead and flush it.

You are at a pivotal point and at the earliest stage of opioid of addiction where you could possibly walk away from this.

Granted I've never flushed heroin, don't think i could do it. But I'm an opioid addict. Do you really want to join that club 🤯

I feel like the first experience of feeling actual physical opioid withdrawal symptoms is what solidifies one a s a life-long opioid addict.

I take it you are a fan of opiates or know the game yourself? You know what you asked is basically inhumanly possible lol! I hope opiates haven't gotten the original poster like they tend to get everyone yet, but I suspect it has already sunk its teeth in the particular user even though the person is fairly new to the game. If this is the case, all you have to do is keep trying to beat opiate abuse disorder/dependency. The flushing of this stash... it can't negate the countless others that appear and financial misery. I think once opiates choose you, its already a sealed fate for a long time but... I'm being very pessimistic and not helping atm sry. OP what you have been using is pure unfiltered suffering. The euphoria may be pleasant and like a nice day at a beach, but it is more powerful than any one person in my opinion. Do not find out what we are hinting at if you can. It literally is like temporary suicide. To be an opiate addict is something we all wish we weren't despite how magical the feeling is. Nobody wants this life for you. We don't want you to experience the same pain and loneliness and misery that we have already... but if you are hooked we can also help out too.

Last edited:
If you haven't already, read 'Junkie' by William S. Burroughs. His reporting is amazingly accurate.

There are very few good reasons to use H. It's the drug that has the power to take everything away from you from possessions to health to freedom to self-worth. I would also point out that opiates overdose is the most common cause of death in people under 40 (US figures). You are more likely to OD than die in a car wreck.

Heroin is the queen of drugs. Its not "another opiate." It will make you regret existing as both the high and the low control your every waking hour. It never feels as powerful as we present heroin to be, because it is a manipulative and clever substance that is alive and volatile. Heroin will ruin the best years of your life potentially and even take all your years away from already too many who have fallen. Too many corpses out there. If you think you can handle what is coming for you if you are unable to stop or want to give up the pleasurable high that comes with this class of drugs, I will flat out tell you that you will suffer. It will break you down. The pleasure from quality opiates quickly becomes something you wish you never felt. I still struggle with graduating from opiate abuse disorder and living my life in peace lol. It is something... I may never fully overcome until I find a way out permanently. I don't want this for anyone.. it was a beautiful feeling but somehow that seems the last thing I'd describe whats happened to me over the last few years. You might still have a window of time to avoid that.

Over the past 2 weeks (well, 16 days exactly) I've been smoking some #3 brown, I got a hold of online, almost every single day, bar a few. Not a huge amount, just over a gram, just doing small runs at a time. I've never had addiction issues with anything other than nicotine before, even though I've used oxys; crystal meth; and crack a number of times in the past (but always very spaced out between sessions and no more than a couple of days); and have also used a lot of codeine in the past but never binging for more than a week at a time and always large gaps between binges. Over the the past fortnight I had a day sober after one week and had zero cravings or withdrawal-like symptoms; then last Thursday I also had a day off, again no negative symptoms; and finally last Sunday I abstained again, thankfully still managing to go without any ill effects, nor cravings whilst staying at a mate's house away from my stash. Yet I still went back home and did more, even though I felt no inclination to other than that I was a bit bored and it's a great drug - "just one more blast before I call it a day" I thought.

The big question now is, am I likely to feel any withdrawal effects now that I'm quitting, as of an hour ago? I've got a load of weed and some co-codomol to help me, if so; and I will only touch the co-codomol if I absolutely have to, if I'm feeling like hell.

Rather stupidly I decided to finish the tiny bit I had left at the bottom of the bag last night even though I promised myself I would stop at exactly the 2 week mark, which then led to me starting a new bag, thinking fuck it - a little more wont hurt if tonight is my last. I'm still high now but I'm not touching anymore, the bag is back in the draw and shall remain there until I take it to a good friend today who'll look after it for me for at least a month, and under no circumstances will return it any sooner. Originally I told myself I'd use for just 2 or 3 days; then it turned into a week; then 10 days... you get the picture. Normally, I only use class A's with friends, just brief stints lasting a weekend at most, but this time I went it alone and have certainly learnt from it. Never again like this, only socially.

I've been on morphine a number of times in hospital, after surgeries, for periods of up to a fortnight in the past without any noticeable withdrawal symptoms - but I was in pretty bad shape then, generally, so maybe it just wasn't so aware with so much shit going on. I think I used that as a bit of an excuse too, to keep on using a bit longer with the heroin, convincing myself that I'd be okay with a couple of weeks light useage. I feel pretty stupid now carrying on like that, I know from reading numerous posts regarding the serious addiction others have suffered that this isn't something to fuck about with, to treat lightly, yet that's exactly what I'd started to do. This is the first time I've let myself run away like this and to be perfectly honest I'd a tad worried even though I've had no physical symptoms whatsoever, so far, whenever I haven't been high .
You'll be fine if you lay off now. Yes after two weeks straight going you are likely to experience withdrawal but it shouldn't be so bad. It varies from person to person too how quickly the body adapts to the presence of the drug ; for myself it took nearly a month hanging off the needle before I started getting significant wds. Two weeks is definitely too long for 'light' use ; ideally you shouldn't use more than two DAYS in a row.

You're self - aware enough to notice that you're making excuses for yourself for taking more / using for longer than you'd originally intended, and you should act accordingly. This goes for any substance, not just heroin. That's to say you're obviously not good with regulating yourself, so take a good long break and if you do use again, stick to occasional social use, in the company of non-addict users.

Heroin is the queen of drugs. Its not "another opiate." It will make you regret existing as both the high and the low control your every waking hour. It never feels as powerful as we present heroin to be, because it is a manipulative and clever substance that is alive and volatile. Heroin will ruin the best years of your life potentially and even take all your years away from already too many who have fallen. Too many corpses out there. If you think you can handle what is coming for you if you are unable to stop or want to give up the pleasurable high that comes with this class of drugs, I will flat out tell you that you will suffer. It will break you down. The pleasure from quality opiates quickly becomes something you wish you never felt. I still struggle with graduating from opiate abuse disorder and living my life in peace lol. It is something... I may never fully overcome until I find a way out permanently. I don't want this for anyone.. it was a beautiful feeling but somehow that seems the last thing I'd describe whats happened to me over the last few years. You might still have a window of time to avoid that.

I would argue that U-47700 is much worse. Maybe fentanyl is worse again but I've only ever used it in medical forms as instructed.

MDPC (BDPC homologue) IS worse.

I would argue that U-47700 is much worse. Maybe fentanyl is worse again but I've only ever used it in medical forms as instructed.

MDPC (BDPC homologue) IS worse.

Worse in what regard? Addictiveness or?

Sry I'm not sure what U-47700 is exactly! Haven't been keeping up with which opioid is best to ruin my life with lately haha...

Many state that fent is like an opiate hammer with solo nodding and no eupohria... I disagree. Best feeling in the whole damn world I may never change my mind. Sadly.. I guess real life can be better but when it comes to the real powerful drugs that society fears, those will always be a contender for best feeling in the world but personal I guess.

The issue with heroin is how cheap it truly is. A powerful opiate with a cheap price seems too enticing because it is. Nobody saves money graduating to heroin from oxycodone habits for a reason. Imagine paying what...? 1-2 dollars nowadays for a milligram within anyone's opioid abuse career and then discovering 20 bucks for a tiiiny fentynal heroin mixture line that a simple snort gets you higher than oxy ever did.

Heroin is mentally more dangerous than any other opiate in my opinion. There's something about the fast acting morphine itself that is heroin (diamorphine as most of us know) THAT literally I've never seen a single human be able to withstand. Very few people in the world can use heroin and not lose major components of their core self under the influence. On oxycodone I've never seen someone stripped away of their personality and soul... but heroin? Zombies in paradise but suffering at the same time. I've never seen an opiate so personally invasive in effects and mechanics.

I would say U-47700 is very euphoric whatever the ROA. I just think it's considered to be relatively safe which it is not - certainly not as a powder. IF some RC maker had produced 5mg soluble tablets then it COULD have been safer, but vendors don't seem to consider the lot of the end user.

I think that immoral AND stupid. The best way for something to remain legal is their being no adverse events in the press! I mean, didn't U-47700 kill Prince?

You're gonna be ok. Its easier to get comfort meds/kratom/supplements than ever before and honestly 2 weeks in is not the scariest "time served" you could be looking at

I know it's awful to be nervous about slipping into "full blown withdrawl" but it will pass and thankfully the heroin will be out of your system within a few days

The fact you suspect you might not even have a "withdrawal" means you might be resistant to the classic "dope sickness" as some folks would already be feelin it tbh

If you feel bummed out emotionally try to get some physical activity in the morning and at night and see if that helps after a few days of keeping yourself moving

Thank you all so much for your replies, I really appreciate the input, and also apologies for taking so long to respond.

Well, what can I say, there were withdrawals in the end lasting around 5 days, very minor, just extremely annoying insomnia the like of which I've never known without stimulants (lasting 3 days) and also restless arms and legs (on and off for about 5 days) - a really weird feeling where I just couldn't lay still and had to shake one, or more, limbs every few minutes just to feel comfortable, usually in bed - but holy fuck this whole experience has scared the absolute shit out of me with regard to using stronger opiates than codeine. If that's what using just over a gram can do to me, spaced out over a fortnight, then I can't even begin to imagine how fucked up kicking a full-blown habit must feel.

Not only that, but I really liked this stuff. I've never liked any drug as much as this, even meth wasn't this good - it almost feels as if we were made for each other. If I'd tried it 15 or 20 years ago I'd quite possibly be dead by now. I still have most of the second gram left, I didn;t touch it as I had no cravings thankfully, and I'm scared to do this stuff on my own again, so I'm just saving it for a social occasion where I'll share it with some friends who've no access to the stuff - then my little adventure will be finished for good.

Unless I get terminal cancer or something, in which case it's party time.

Edit: actually a third symptom I forgot, pretty bad tachycardia over the first 3 days but that's expected I guess with no sleep.

If this is the only time you've ever dabbled with opiates, you may feel a little tired or lazy, but you certainly won't feel "dopesick" in the way that people have nightmares about and will do ANYTHING to avoid. You're gonna be okay bud. if you need to, maybe get some natural or over the counter meds such as valerian root, kava, or immodium which can help opiate withdrawals at bay, expecially for someone like you who has only barely been involved witth them.

Overall advice: STOP NOW before it's too late. You have no fucking idea how bad being dope sick can be if you're someone who has used for half a year everyday or even years just about everyday. I LITERALLY wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Do not do heroin again and look back on how lucky you were to be able to end it with only two weeks of use under your belt. It's NOT worth it, and if you continue, you will end up on the needle eventually, and you'll likley die before you get to 55-60 and that's if you're lucky