• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time heroin dose

MetalDuckMFC

Greenlighter
I get a good high from about 70mg of oxycontin. If I were to snort heroin, what would be a good, safe starting dose?

Also, my girlfriend gets high from 45mg of oxycontin. Same question for her?

I find 100mg of Heroin to be about equivalent to 40mg of oxycodone. Still I think you may want to start with just a bag to test the batch. Or maybe a bag and a half.

Um i just started using H recently , and i would not recommend a whole bag at once. Who knows how strong it is, start small imo. Try snorting 50mg , which is half the bag and see where that takes you.

I find 100mg of Heroin to be about equivalent to 40mg of oxycodone. Still I think you may want to start with just a bag to test the batch. Or maybe a bag and a half.

You believe oxycodone is more potent than heroin?

it all depends on the bag, tbh.
you may get some kill and 1 bag might put you down, start small, you can always take more but not less.

it all depends on the bag, tbh.
you may get some kill and 1 bag might put you down, start small, you can always take more but not less.

Yea, no one can tell you unless they've had the same batch. And even then, nothing's stopping someone from stealing the stamp or some middleman cutting it somewhere down the line. This is the risk of illegal drugs. If you want carefully measured out doses stick with your pills but if you go down the H path always start small when getting a new batch. You could get some bunk and need to do 3 bags then get some fire and 1 bag kills you. Some of it's even cut with fentanyl, which is way stronger than heroin and this is how people OD... that and mixing it with benzos, alcohol, and other downers.

^^^
not saying you're wrong, I've heard it before too, but why do people cut fent into dope? Doesn't seen like a very cost effective cut.. Like when people say e is cut with H of whatever- which is obviously not true. H on the other hand I guess I could see why I'd do it but not why a dealer would that shit is expensive.

Dude take it from me. First split a bag with your g-friend, you snort half and let her snort half. You may be suprised how high you get from dope than from OC.

Ive never done heroin but from what ive read, your tolerance will be shot once you're into the heroin scene.

Oh yes, on a mg to mg basis of course. 100mg of heroin is not as potent as one 100mg of oxycodone.

You must mean orally, because heroin is 1.5-2x more potent than morphine via IV (due to the acetyl groups making morphine more lipid soluble) and morphine is 2x more potent than oxycodone via IV.

It's a complicated situation with heroin/morphine, because heroin is a morphine prodrug - but that aside, oxycodone is not as potent as morphine via the IV route which automatically makes it less potent than diacetylmorphine, diamorphine, or morphine acetate (whatever you want to call heroin).

Last edited:
No, I'm comparing oral Oxy to IV heroin. 1 bag is about equivalent to 40mg oxycodone from my experience. I was using roughly 320-400mg of oxycodone daily before switching onto heroin and 1 gram was pretty comparable. Maybe a little more powerful.

Try and remember that Heroin isn't sold 100% pure. Average dope on the streets is sold at around 35% according to the DEA back in 2009 so buying 100mg of H on the street may only actually be 35mg.

No, I'm comparing oral Oxy to IV heroin. 1 bag is about equivalent to 40mg oxycodone from my experience. I was using roughly 320-400mg of oxycodone daily before switching onto heroin and 1 gram was pretty comparable. Maybe a little more powerful.

Try and remember that Heroin isn't sold 100% pure. Average dope on the streets is sold at around 35% according to the DEA back in 2009 so buying 100mg of H on the street may only actually be 35mg.

Okay, I see what you mean - street heroin, not real pharmaceutical grade heroin.
I thought you were talking about oxycodone being more potent than heroin in general (pharmaceutical grade heroin).

But yes, you're right - street heroin is variable in purity and usually pharms are more potent.

I would just start off small...I know when I first got into "H" a twenty bag ( don't know exactly the amount) I could get 4 small lines which each one would have me good for hours.

It's always better to not do enough than to do too much.

^yep, that's basically the motto here - you can always take more but you can never take less.

SEE thats a tricky question how cut is the dope do u know> i doubt it so always start small trust me being in the er being pumped full of narcan feels like u drank a cup of battery acid!.................it sure beats the flat line tho......

i would get a 20 bag, and sniff a small line, you want to be cautious (as long as a dime, as thick as the ink container inside a pen), and see where it gets you, then do the rest if needed. since this is going to be your first time, i would leave the needle alone man. thats a loonngg dark dead end road bro. sniffing it works just fine. just please be cautious. with H you never know what your going to get, or what its been cut with. there was a very trustworthy guy i got my H from, but every now and then it would be some bunk shit, cut with detergent or some stupid shit. and the thing is, knowing theres alot of soap in it, my dude would bang it anyway...
just start slow, it could be some pretty strong shit, or it could be bunk. i always tasted it first, or smelled it- but since its your first time your probably not familiar with it. it tastes veerrrryy bitter. lol the shit i had you could smell it from other side of the room :)

i can tell you some pretty horrid stories of me on heroin (all started once i used the needle).
I am pretty experienced in heroin use metalduck, both sniffed and IV'd, so if you have any questions at all, information needed, or advice, you can send me a message any time and i will respond, and all messages will not leave the PM box, they're all private. So feel free to come to me with anything, and im sure i can help. my comments will be nothing but the honest truth, without any bullshit, personal opinions, and you wont be judged. ill give you the truth/information and let you make the decisions.

ch1

Last edited:
china u have said that great man im a recovering addict leave the needle alone man

Back to basics. Veteran IV user unsure of how much is a safe dose for the new grey powder heroin. Any thoughts?