• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos First Time Experience with Xanax Withdrawal

Cudi

Bluelighter
I've had anxiety issues my whole life and just recently back in December began using Xanax sort of experimentally. I used it at night to help me sleep and tried it during the day to see how it could maybe assist my social functionality. Well, as of a couple weeks ago I started abusing it and taking 2-4mg daily. I used 20 bars in a span of 5 days and that's when I realized it was going to become a big problem especially since I'm in college with many responsibilities. It was already a problem, and the first day that I didn't use it (yesterday), I had awful withdrawal symptoms. HORRIBLE anxiety, BAD insomnia. Intense cravings. The sleep that I managed to get I had some of the most weird and vivid dreams I've ever had in my life. Not pleasant ones either. It's now morning (actually afternoon since I didn't fall asleep until 6am). My symptoms are not as bad as lastnight, but I am definitely still craving Alprazolam. This really is a demon of a drug and gave me a taste of what addicts suffer through when they try to quit harder drugs. Definitely will stop using it recreationally and maybe seek an actual prescription for my anxiety. I gotta say, if you suffer from anxiety, Xanax will feel like heaven on earth and it's a dangerous feeling considering its addictive properties. Stay away from the xans 8(

Stay off the xanax. I'm sure this wasn't even true withdrawal. More like re-bound anxiety. Imagine coming off after a couple years. From what I've heard, pure hell on earth.

Stay off the xanax. I'm sure this wasn't even true withdrawal. More like re-bound anxiety. Imagine coming off after a couple years. From what I've heard, pure hell on earth.
Yeah, I meant to add that. I'm sure what I experienced wasn't true withdrawal and was just as you said, rebound anxiety. Can't imagine what it would be like after a couple years

I went into full on psychosis for three week. Luckily I have a strong mind or I would have gone nuts. Not much sleep, vivid movie length dreams with incredible things happen in them. Developed a few tics, talked to my self, sweat a lot, nauseous, seizure like activity. Ended withdrawal by taking 2 1 mg Ativan 8 hrs apart. That was it. Never felt it again and my anxiety pretty much disappeared.

I had an experience a lot like that recently. I am not sure really what my dose was since I was using an RC benzo, clonazolam. Apparently this is a very bad benzo that gets people addicted extremely fast. They can all hook you fast but I think I may have been right at the edge after only 9 days of use. That stuff really is the f**king devil. I flushed the 15+ pills I had.

While 20 bars in 5 days is certainly extreme, I am not sure you would have intense withdrawals from such short term use. Sounds like rebound anxiety/strong comedown/fear of withdrawals that are kicking in. It also sounds like you have some anxiety that you should work out. Judging from your post sounds like you enjoying getting high, nothing wrong with that but I wouldn't advise getting a benzo script. Having them in your cabinet available at all times can be dangerous. Talk to your doc about your anxiety, don't go seeking xanax. Glad you're ok.

20 bars in 5 days? Seriously? How the fuck do you even function in society taking that much. You need to address the underlying issue of why you felt the need to abuse this shit in the first place.