• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time DXM.

fermonos

Bluelighter
Okay so I've ordered a bottle of Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide Ph Eur 7.5mg per 5ml (Robitussin brand).

This will be my first time doing any psychedelics and I'm pretty nervous. I don't have any benzos in case I panic but I'll be in a familiar place with stuff around me to occupy my mind. I do however have codeine which may help because of the feeling of well being it gives me, so that could be an option.

Anyway I weigh around 70kg, just wondering what a good starting dose would be and what I can do to keep my mind from going into full on fear. I used to get panic attacks a lot on weed from the weird feelings it'd give my body but that was back when I was just a kid and hadn't tried any other drugs, now I've tried quite a lot so I think I could handle it a lot better.

I'll leave a full list of the ingredients below just in case anything else which is in it could cause me harm.

Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide Ph Eur 7.5mg per 5ml Glycerol , Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose, Sodium Benzoate, Disodium Edetate, Maltitol (E965), Ethanol (96%), Citric Acid Anhydrous, Amaranth (E123), Caramel (E15), Levomenthol , Cherry/Grenadine Flavour, Sorbitol Solution 7%, Sodium Cyclamate, Acesulfame Potassium Salt, Purified Water.

Dxm can cause panic attacks, I'm prone to drug induced type panic attacks myself. Start with no more than 180 mg of dxm, that's about 20 mg lower than most recommendations... But is effective dose for me. What's 70 kg in lbs, like 150? I'm around 150 lbs...

expect to vomit - in fact take diphenhydramine

It gets rid of a lot of negative effects from the syrup. You can't expect to down a bottle of glucose and colourings without it fucking with your stomach

IME, mixing codeine and DXM is a horrible idea. That's what got me locked up in hospital for 3 weeks. I drank one of the small bottles of syrup, same mg/ml as you and same brand (Robitussin). I think I had 300mg or something, then after I lay in bed feeling nothing I took 150mg of codeine. A few hours later I felt alright but it was nothing to write home about, so I took another 150mg. Anyway, I basically died. Blood pressure and all. I couldn't walk and shit. Went blind. Threw up. Not the worst trip of my life but in the bottom 5.
I went to the hospital and they said my pancreas was inflamed and I stayed in overnight then after that for 3 weeks (but that was anorexia-related). So anyway watch out

My first time doing psychedelics was dxm too, dont be scared. Just take it when you dont have to do shit all day because it lasts a WHILE. Take 300mg of dxm (that was my first dose), and check if theres any other active ingredients, if there are it can cause unwanted side effects. It should literally say it under ACTIVE INGREDIENTS.

I have DPH here but I thought feeling heavy and drowsy would make it worse.

Also, I drink Codeine Linctus a lot and it's never made me sick, and it's the glucose one. It taste nice actually, lemon. Kind of addicted to the taste haha!

I have a 100ML syringe so I'll be able to measure out the exact amount. I'll probably do 150mg of DXM. Is it possible to redose a few hours into the trip or is that a waste?

redosing DXM is fine but codeine is an inhibitor of CYP2D6. I'm sure you know that that's the enzyme that metabolises codeine but it metabolises DXM, too. If you want to redose take your codeine AFTER.

Also robitussin is different from codeine syrups in that it contains pretty much sugar free sweetners only, and sorbitol (which is in sugarless gum and shit) gives you mad diarrhoea so that's why I was so upset the morning after, and when you're leaning up against a fence in the town centre throwing up at 11 at night the looks you get from strangers can make you self concious

If you don't want DPH try promethazine. Good potentiator and even better as an anti emetic, If you go to Lloyds or something ask for some travel sickness or say your doctor said to get promethazine as a sleep aid, they won't be too suspicious unless you're gonna buy it with the syrup

Also, please educate me on this codeine linctus, and in return I'll tell you about a similar one containing morphine that you can plug that's sold for diarrhoea

I feel that there's truly only a minority of users who actually enjoy the effects of high-dose Dextromethorphan use. I think that when you're in High School and maybe you don't have a lot of awesome drugs on hand, DXM will at least produce an altered state of consciosness. Evaluations seem to vart between mediocre and negative quite frequently, with the occaional "glowing" experience.

Dextromethorphan also can come with a pretty heavy body load. I would typically experience racing, pounding heart, anxiety and just general discomfort from using it. I suppose it can be an alright experience, but after I tried drugs like Cannabis, MDMA, Amphetamines, Opiates and beyond, I could only look back at DXM and laugh at how at one point I thought that's what a drug experience truly was.

You should probably take between 175 and 250 mg. I wouldn't recommend mixing codeine, or any other drugs, with DXM if you have a bad trip. Using DXM with other drugs, except maybe benzos, just makes it more intense and harder to handle. If you're really worried about having a bad trip, just get a friend to stay sober and trip sit you.